GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Wringo's- Audio (Phase-I)

Old 06-30-07, 12:31 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Wringo's- Audio (Phase-I)

Well, I finally get a chance to talk and share my audio project with my CL family,after a long awaited period and just in time to show it off at HIN-Orlando. In building my set-up, I wanted to include many ideas that I've seen over the years on the forums, but decided to build what was practical for me and allowed my car to stay somewhat functional in the trunk area. Thank's to Adrian(Bluelex), and the installers at Ultimate Audio in Orlando,I was able to enhace my ideas a little further,and achieve the look of the finished product of (phase-I) of my audio project. I wanted to keep my rear strut bar(UGO- carbon fiber) and use the spare tire well area, since my stock spare was no longer equipped to fit my BBK. With utilizing this area,I also wanted to keep my trunk somewhat functional and at the same time incorporating a nice clean system, which flowed with my exterior modifications. I must admit that I am very happy with the way the system turned out and it really exceeded my expectations! Thank's Adrian(Bluelex), and Ultimate Audio! Pardon my dust/dirt, due to me not having time to clean it up, because I wanted to share it with you before it went into the bodyshop for some minor touch up's before HIN-Orlando next weekend!

Here are the modificatons used:
(Under the hood)
Optima red top battery
Optima battery billet mount(stainless steel)
Upgraded terminals/wires
Viper 5900 remote start alarm
0 gauge wiring

(Interior upgrades)
Eclipse AVN6600 DVD/NAV 2DIN
2DIN faceplate(Carson Toyota)
JL ZR650-csi(6.5) separates(front doors)
JL XR650 cxi coaxial(6.5) (rear doors)
(2) Clarion VMA5096 (5") tv monitors in headrest
Custom EDFC pod
Sirius satelite rado interface
Eclipse ipod interface module( mounted in the arm rest)
Momo shift boot/**** (courtesy of Ken-(Lxogood) with chrome shifter bezel

(Trunk set-up)
JL 12"w6 v2 subwoofer( with ported box)
JL 500/1 amp(dedicated to sub)
JL 300/4 amp (door speakers-mid's/hi's)
Stinger sp800 red top battery(extra power in trunk)
A custom built wood trunk enclosure wrapped in Allante' vinyl and black seude
Entire trunk wrapped in Dynamat

(The build process)

Last edited by Wringo; 06-30-07 at 01:23 AM.
Old 06-30-07, 12:40 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Default Wringo's audio (cont'd)

(The finished look!)

Old 06-30-07, 12:45 AM
ARISTOh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

very classy hopefully ill get to see it up close soon!
Old 06-30-07, 12:48 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Default Wringo's -audio (cont'd)

Old 06-30-07, 12:55 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Default Wringo's pic's (last few)!

(Night shots!)

Okay, I'm gonna call it a wrap for now! (Phase II), will consist of added tv's to the trunk lid in a fiber glass finished wrapped in the same Allante' vinyl, with added lighting/gaming system to the interior! Chime in and tell me what you think so far? I love it!

Cost:= Priceless!

Last edited by Wringo; 06-30-07 at 01:31 AM.
Old 06-30-07, 12:58 AM
R.U. IN AW?
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nice.....

Nicely Done Wringo......I know you have been waiting patiently to get this done. Well worth the wait bro. Damn that looks good, good luck at HIN and all the shows. Talk with you soon.....

-Joe
Old 06-30-07, 01:28 AM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

wow very nice bro !! i see you got it done earlier than expected !! i really like the lighted lexus in the trunklid but while they were in there why didnt they install the rest of the equipment ?? will they have to pull it apart again ?? anyways very nice and classy looking not overdone
Old 06-30-07, 05:27 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Love the cover option, to be able to cover the exposed sub and amps for normal use than remove them for show is a great combo, very clean D. Don't give me too much credit, it was your idea and draw up I just suggested some minor tweaking and you and the guys at the shop put together a real nice set up from a looks and function aspect....Can't wait to see it next week in person. I love the suede inserts around the amps and subs.....Great job... I actually like the lid like that too. I know you have future plans for the lid so this will be sweet for now. Any night time pics of the whole trunk with the neons on?
Old 06-30-07, 05:54 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

nice work D

how do you like the headunit , i was thinking of this as well

btw i got your call i will hit you back later this afternoon to talk
Old 06-30-07, 05:59 AM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wringo,
That looks really clean. I like the way the panels hide the system and allow you to use the trunk untill your readdy to show it.
Off topic, I'm trying to run headrest monitor wires, How did you route your wires from the seat to center console?

Last edited by GILLEXUS; 06-30-07 at 04:01 PM.
Old 06-30-07, 06:02 AM
FlavesLex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOVE the look, extra clean and practical for the use you want. How's the sound?? Any overheating problems with the amps being covered?
Old 06-30-07, 06:11 AM
DjFergi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Simply Amazing
Old 06-30-07, 06:52 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Default Thank's!

Originally Posted by Aristo6
very classy hopefully ill get to see it up close soon!
Are you coming to HIN-Orlando? I'll be there!

Originally Posted by R.U. IN AW?
Nicely Done Wringo......I know you have been waiting patiently to get this done. Well worth the wait bro. Damn that looks good, good luck at HIN and all the shows. Talk with you soon.....

-Joe
Thank's ,Joe!

Originally Posted by lexusondubs
wow very nice bro !! i see you got it done earlier than expected !! i really like the lighted lexus in the trunklid but while they were in there why didnt they install the rest of the equipment ?? will they have to pull it apart again ?? anyways very nice and classy looking not overdone
Money is alway's an issue ,Shawn! The system can be taken apart no problem for the upgrades coming!

Originally Posted by bluelex
Love the cover option, to be able to cover the exposed sub and amps for normal use than remove them for show is a great combo, very clean D. Don't give me too much credit, it was your idea and draw up I just suggested some minor tweaking and you and the guys at the shop put together a real nice set up from a looks and function aspect....Can't wait to see it next week in person. I love the suede inserts around the amps and subs.....Great job... I actually like the lid like that too. I know you have future plans for the lid so this will be sweet for now. Any night time pics of the whole trunk with the neons on?
Man, I was hoping you could have hung around a little longer to get a sneek peek up close? I'll see you next week! Those were some quick shots I took ,but I'll try to get some more tonight! Thank's again for everything!

Originally Posted by lexforlife
nice work D

how do you like the headunit , i was thinking of this as well

btw i got your call i will hit you back later this afternoon to talk
Ed, the head unit is awesome! I was able to pick it up from E-bay brand new for a fraction of the cost! I love it! The navi is sweet!

Originally Posted by GILLEXUS
Wringo,
That looks really clean. I like the way the panles hide the system and allow you to use the trunk untill your readdy to show it.
Off topic, I'm trying to run headrest monitor wires, How did you route your wires from the seat to center console?
I believe they ran them through the back of the seats to the center console?

Originally Posted by FlavesLex
LOVE the look, extra clean and practical for the use you want. How's the sound?? Any overheating problems with the amps being covered?
No problems at all! It was designed to perform that way!

Last edited by Wringo; 06-30-07 at 07:01 AM.
Old 06-30-07, 06:53 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,112 Likes on 1,289 Posts

VERY clean instal Wringo, nice setup
Old 06-30-07, 06:59 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Default Thank's, Dave!

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
VERY clean instal Wringo, nice setup
As you know the idea of trying the PSP's in the headrest didn't work out for me , due to me not being able to power them up from the head unit!I decided to just do the clean look of two monitors! Thank's for you help as well!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wringo's- Audio (Phase-I)