GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Door Lock Acutuators DIY ???

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-16, 08:53 PM
JJaySilver
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you say double pump, you mean when you press the unlock button, it would unlock but unlock a second time on its own as if you pressed the unlock button twice?
Old 04-12-16, 07:54 AM
lyonkster
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by JJaySilver
When you say double pump, you mean when you press the unlock button, it would unlock but unlock a second time on its own as if you pressed the unlock button twice?
Yes, exactly.
Old 04-12-16, 08:52 AM
dreamcar88
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

just noticed my pass rear door does not lock when i lock the car from inside or outside. Only locks if i manually press the lock on the inside the door. Ive heard the rear doors are easier to replace than the front?
Old 04-12-16, 10:59 AM
lyonkster
Advanced

Originally Posted by dreamcar88
just noticed my pass rear door does not lock when i lock the car from inside or outside. Only locks if i manually press the lock on the inside the door. Ive heard the rear doors are easier to replace than the front?
I actually found the rear actuators to be much more difficult to remove than the front ones.
Old 04-12-16, 05:16 PM
JJaySilver
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lyonkster
Yes, exactly.
Really? I thought that was normal since my original locks used to do that recently, but not anymore. Not really a bother to me so I think I'm good. I just bought all four lock actuators from the same seller, so I'll return here to update after they are in car. I'll still cut up the old actuators and replace the motors with the new I bought and test them, that way if any of those ebay actuators mess up, I got the back ups ready to go.
Old 04-13-16, 07:42 AM
kamlung
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by dreamcar88
j Ive heard the rear doors are easier to replace than the front?
I actually found the rear actuators to be much more difficult to remove than the front ones.
the rear is definitely easier to get out than the front... just pull up the door handle on the outside and slide the whole unit out after everything is unbolted... once you do it the first time, it's really easy... i can get the rear out in 5 mins (including having to remove the door panel)
Old 04-14-16, 05:24 AM
JJaySilver
Pole Position

Wow nice. All four of the ebay actuators will arrive by the 20th. Hopefully everything goes well.
Old 04-14-16, 11:29 AM
ksultan78
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kamlung
the rear is definitely easier to get out than the front... just pull up the door handle on the outside and slide the whole unit out after everything is unbolted... once you do it the first time, it's really easy... i can get the rear out in 5 mins (including having to remove the door panel)
instead of the rear outside handle, pull the cable... i believe its the cable with the white end. Pull that and the actuator assembly should just slide right out of the door.
Old 04-14-16, 12:10 PM
dreamcar88
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

lol if u wnna fix my pass rear and do my climate control im ready ill drive over im only a state away =)
Old 04-15-16, 11:17 AM
IndecentSC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JJaySilver
Okay guys, I just bought replacement motors and removed the driver door actuator. Then for some odd reason went back on ebay and searched for actuators again. Then I found some of these: 6pin Front Left Door Lock Actuator for Toyota Echo Scion Lexus GS300 GS430 GS400 | eBay Has anyone tried them? I want to buy all four and see how it turns out. I really dont feel like blading these actuators.
I bought these 2 weeks ago (btw thanks for the link) and I finally had some free time to install them on sunday. they are fairly simply to install if you know your way around the car. I installed the left rear and front right. It has almost been a week now and they still work so I am satisfied. There is only one problem after i installed the front right was like what lyonkster said, anytime i would unlock the car, it would unlock twice almost like the car thinks you hit unlock button twice but you really hit it once. That is really the only issue with the actuators, but that is something i can live with (it beats reaching over or behind to unlock the door manually).
Old 04-15-16, 03:08 PM
jacerthera
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Door Lock

Hi,

I have a ES 330 - 2005 - Lots of Miles!!!!: )

Still runs strong, but I have a locked passenger door.

The actuator or locking mech has a rapid "clicking" noise when I try to Unlock the door with the key fob and the unlock on the door itself.

Tries:

#1 - Door is closed and cannot remove paneling??? Don't know how to get to the door's interior parts.

#2 - Can barely see when window is down and trying to pry open the door between window and see what I can see. ( I have not tried to use any coat hanger or jimmy stick)

#3 - I have called 5 locksmiths in my area and nobody can find a way or won't even come out to see if they can open it.

Any suggestions? Any help or additions to what I have tried. Please let me know.

Thanks.
Old 04-16-16, 08:13 AM
lexo98
Racer

Received 265 Likes on 227 Posts

Originally Posted by jacerthera
Hi,

I have a ES 330 - 2005 - Lots of Miles!!!!: )

Still runs strong, but I have a locked passenger door.

The actuator or locking mech has a rapid "clicking" noise when I try to Unlock the door with the key fob and the unlock on the door itself.

Tries:

#1 - Door is closed and cannot remove paneling??? Don't know how to get to the door's interior parts.

#2 - Can barely see when window is down and trying to pry open the door between window and see what I can see. ( I have not tried to use any coat hanger or jimmy stick)

#3 - I have called 5 locksmiths in my area and nobody can find a way or won't even come out to see if they can open it.

Any suggestions? Any help or additions to what I have tried. Please let me know.

Thanks.
Sorry but your in the wrong section. Try the ES section.
Old 04-16-16, 09:24 AM
lyonkster
Advanced

Maybe . I did all four of my actuators, and the fronts were a breeze, while the rears took about half hour each to wrestle out. As with many things, maybe it's just a matter of figuring out the trick, then it becomes a breeze - I just never found the trick I guess .
Old 04-16-16, 10:48 AM
lexo98
Racer

Received 265 Likes on 227 Posts

Maybe . I did all four of my actuators, and the fronts were a breeze, while the rears took about half hour each to wrestle out. As with many things, maybe it's just a matter of figuring out the trick, then it becomes a breeze - I just never found the trick I guess .
On The rears after you remove the torx bolts just pull on the door cable that was attached to the inside door handle and the actuator assembly drops right out. Just be sure that the cable that was attached to the door lock is in the unlocked position and the child safety lever is off. But yea probably a 5 minute removal. On the fronts do not remove the window. Also, If you really take a look at the clips holding the rods to the outside door handle the outside door handle does not need to be removed either.
Old 04-16-16, 11:28 AM
lyonkster
Advanced

Originally Posted by lexo98
On The rears after you remove the torx bolts just pull on the door cable that was attached to the inside door handle and the actuator assembly drops right out. Just be sure that the cable that was attached to the door lock is in the unlocked position and the child safety lever is off. But yea probably a 5 minute removal. On the fronts do not remove the window. Also, If you really take a look at the clips holding the rods to the outside door handle the outside door handle does not need to be removed either.
Hopefully I won't have to do my rears again, but if I do, I'll try it your way. Maybe you can make and post a short video!

Quick Reply: Door Lock Acutuators DIY ???