GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Door Lock Acutuators DIY ???

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-13, 07:49 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ators-diy.html
Old 03-20-13, 01:58 PM
Riksgs808
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry totally off the thread topic. Sakataj, I know exactly how you feel on that low baller piece. For me its not here on CL. Im just a new guy. But on the local craigslist people come up with the most ridiculous crap to trade or low ball you when you specificly said "NO TRADES"! This topic gets me pissed off. I better go before I write a whole damn article on here right now. Lol. Now on topic I wish I would've seen this thread 3 days ago. I just did my driver door actuator sunday night. That sticky DIY thread is great! Maybe next time I can reference this thread!
Old 03-21-13, 06:25 AM
B4TM4N
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey, maybe I didn't read the original DIY for door actuators thoroughly enough, but I haven't seen that Hammer method before. Everyone else says to get a special tool but if this Hammer method is safe, thanks for sharing!

Also, for any newB's who don't want to read the 50+ pages of the original DIY thread, there is a good video on youtube of someone doing the job from beginning to end.
Old 03-21-13, 07:52 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by speed3000g
Hey, maybe I didn't read the original DIY for door actuators thoroughly enough, but I haven't seen that Hammer method before. Everyone else says to get a special tool but if this Hammer method is safe, thanks for sharing!

Also, for any newB's who don't want to read the 50+ pages of the original DIY thread, there is a good video on youtube of someone doing the job from beginning to end.
the video is posted in the original DIY.

OP y not add this to the original? why do we need several of these?
Old 03-21-13, 09:24 AM
8ll8lack
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I rather have a new DYI then 5 more post of "Hey how do I open the trunk thread" or "I search but I cant find it" BS.

Now let's keep this thread short, clean and easy to understand. Not 50 page like the other thread.
Old 03-21-13, 02:37 PM
DarKnight
Lexus Champion

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

Here you go.

Old 03-21-13, 06:28 PM
bigguppy
Instructor

I think this is a nice thread. Considering the old one has 23+ page and scatter pictures. His one post sum it all up nicely. It is title "another DIY" Good job.

Here is the part that you want to look for on eBay. (found it through the old post)
Old 03-21-13, 09:00 PM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Just bought 4 motors... Might as well have um ready since its only a matter of time for mine.
Old 03-22-13, 03:39 PM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

How is this a DIY? It just shows you how to take apart the casing, which is common sense. As for the gear stuck on the regulator, be careful if you're doing the hammer way you don't it to fling somewhere and you end up not finding it.
Old 03-22-13, 04:31 PM
bigguppy
Instructor

Originally Posted by sc300jz
How is this a DIY? It just shows you how to take apart the casing, which is common sense. As for the gear stuck on the regulator, be careful if you're doing the hammer way you don't it to fling somewhere and you end up not finding it.
How to open the casing, what to do with the gear and closing the casing. Sounds like a to do process to me.
Kinda like a fender removal DIY. Remove this bolt, that bolt, pull fender away from car. Kinda common sense too if you ask me.
Old 03-22-13, 09:04 PM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bigguppy
How to open the casing, what to do with the gear and closing the casing. Sounds like a to do process to me.
Kinda like a fender removal DIY. Remove this bolt, that bolt, pull fender away from car. Kinda common sense too if you ask me.
Well, obviously you're going to get a something thin to separate the case or you will break it; and once you open up the casing you'll understand how everything goes into place.

Yeah I guess, i'm assuming you saw my fender DIY? Well there wasn't a DIY, and there are a few hidden bolts that people don't know of.

Plus there is a WHOLE thread about this topic, where as the fender diy there was none.
Old 03-22-13, 10:37 PM
Advil4u
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks for the new diy it took me a while to figure out wich was the correct motor in thr other thread as they posted around 4-5 diffrent ones and werd out dated no items found on ebay thanks again
Old 03-23-13, 02:13 AM
bigguppy
Instructor

Originally Posted by sc300jz
Well, obviously you're going to get a something thin to separate the case or you will break it; and once you open up the casing you'll understand how everything goes into place.

Yeah I guess, i'm assuming you saw my fender DIY? Well there wasn't a DIY, and there are a few hidden bolts that people don't know of.

Plus there is a WHOLE thread about this topic, where as the fender diy there was none.
The obvious is where it get many people Going over it again in a few short steps make a lot more sense sometime.

Yes, I saw your fender post. I find it obvious. Bolts off, fender off. Maybe it's too obvious that no one bother to document it. The car is 22 year old after all. But who knows maybe there will be some who find your thread helpful and some may think it is pointless. But no one is questioning if its DIY worthy for a simple task of finding the bolt and taking it off.

I will exit myself from this thread now and good job OP.
Old 03-28-13, 05:35 PM
japtap
Driver School Candidate

If anyone can help out that would be great... My left rear passenger door unlocks and locks fine with the door locks and key fob but if it is locked and you try to open it from the inside it doesn't open. Then if you try to press the unlock button inside the car or use the key buttons it doesn't unlock or lock the car until after several clicks. Do I need a new actuator or is something loose between the door handle and door lock?
Old 03-31-13, 04:18 PM
VTCROM
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by nar8ta
My mechanic who specializes in Lexus/ toyota's stated he fixes these on the regular. The Toyota Sienna actuator is the sames as ours and costs $81 for the right and $89 for the left.

The part number is 69120-06010 (right) and 69130-30110 (left).
69120-06010 shows as drivers side front and 69130-30110 as right rear on my Google searches. You say the opposite, so I am wondering if there is a reason, such as they apply differently to the GS. Thanks!

Last edited by VTCROM; 04-01-13 at 02:55 AM.

Quick Reply: Door Lock Acutuators DIY ???