GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

DIY Fender Rear Shave

Old 04-28-07, 06:51 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice work
Old 04-28-07, 07:24 AM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by slickgt1
That is a nice write up. Car looks great by the way. I am curious, where did you get the eye lids, and those headlight rings. Thanks again.
thanks man! the eyelids are from carbon creations and the headlight rings are advanced automotive concepts.

thanks kevings, yeah the dremel was the only tool i had to do the job. didn't want to go rent anything.

thanks antbo, the tires are courtesy of dunlop. what a great sponsor. they sponsored my whole show team. three gs' on this site are included! automan, veritek, and meself!

thanks sleeper408, i too am looking for that negative camber. parked sideways on an incline the other day and it looked really nice with that tuck action back there!
Old 04-28-07, 07:25 AM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LEXUS_KID
Nice work
thanks man, i love your ride!
Old 04-28-07, 07:50 AM
slickgt1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by carbongs
thanks man! the eyelids are from carbon creations and the headlight rings are advanced automotive concepts.

thanks kevings, yeah the dremel was the only tool i had to do the job. didn't want to go rent anything.

thanks antbo, the tires are courtesy of dunlop. what a great sponsor. they sponsored my whole show team. three gs' on this site are included! automan, veritek, and meself!

thanks sleeper408, i too am looking for that negative camber. parked sideways on an incline the other day and it looked really nice with that tuck action back there!
Thanks for the reply. Where can I pick them up from? Thanks in advance.
Old 04-28-07, 12:42 PM
BlackoutGS
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very well done, turned out nice
Old 04-28-07, 12:42 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

the eyelids
http://store.directlycheap.com/m643-25317.html

the headlight rings
http://www.advancedautomotiveconcepts.com/
if you notice, my car is one of the modeled cars.
Old 04-28-07, 01:17 PM
samster
Pole Position

why don't you guys actaully roll the fender and quater panel instead of cuttin the inner wall off? i would assume any obessed dude that leans on ur car when ur parked in the street would instantly create a pushed in fender or quater panel? ur takin the structural intergraty right of the fender or 1/4 panel when your shaving that much off of it?
Old 04-28-07, 01:43 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

rolling the fender in the rear is tad bit more difficult because othe metal is double layered and that whole piece, if not done precisely when rolled can warp your entire quarter panel going all the way up to the c-pillar to the trunk. this method seemed more practical to me and i didn't want to rent any tools, especially a roller. the baseball bat may work up front but it won't work in the rear
Old 04-28-07, 02:09 PM
nanotech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello,

Thanks on answering my question but my other question was will it rub my wheel liner on the inside.

Wheels are 20x8.5 with a 35mm offset. Wheels are not staggered and tire sizes are 245/35/20

I also have L tuned springs on it now.

I am afraid it might rub, but I don't know so I need advice on people who already have it.

thanks
Old 04-28-07, 02:30 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

it shouldn't. maybe with the wheel turned 100% either right or left. the lower the car the stiffer your shocks will be. they have less room to travel up and down. just be careful on turns, i don't think it'll scrape or rub unless you are turning and hit a bump. not with your set up.
Old 05-01-07, 06:24 AM
slickgt1
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks bro. I agree, cutting that peice of metal is a little safer than rolling the fender. Plus if you mess up, I can guarantee that you will regret that warped fender. Those things are not easy to fix. That metal in the rear is quite thick, and bending it back to the correct shape will cost a crap load. My friend has a body shop, and two GSs that he had to work on the rear fenders was crazy hard.

Carbongs, I like the way your car is set up a lot. Good job. I don't think you should even slam it too much. It looks mean as hell now.
Old 05-01-07, 07:03 AM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Thanks alot man! I love how your location is McDonald's! hehe. The eibach's and KYB are only lowering it 1" all around so it should sit mean right at the tire sidewall with a 1/2 gap.
Old 05-01-07, 08:12 AM
slickgt1
Lexus Test Driver

Yea it's actually NYC, but McDonald's is funnier. lol. Actually yea, eibach's lower it only a little, so yea you will be fine. It will make the car look proper actually. Not civic slammed, and not 4x4, just right. Put up some big pics when you're done.
Old 05-01-07, 08:18 AM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

i sure will, like i said. DUB Memphis HOPEFULLY will be the first time anyone's seen it lowered! I can not wait!
Old 05-22-07, 01:07 PM
tony tocca
Driver School Candidate

are any of you worried about rust like a year or two after shaving the rear fender?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DIY Fender Rear Shave