GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

here we go finally on 20's

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-07, 12:48 PM
milky
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

love this look.
Old 04-17-07, 12:53 PM
ICEBERGS
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just what the Dr. ordered...nothing like a set of 20's to get your day going!!! The ride looks swweeeet!!!!
Old 04-17-07, 12:56 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 213 Likes on 117 Posts

Wheels and car look great, Ed!

Now we need some pics taken from very low directly at the back to show how wide those meaty 305's really are!

Get down on your stomach, stay back about 20 feet or so, park on a light colored drive-way (your current drive-way is perfect for that), use a tripod and take some pics.

What did you have to modify to fit those bad boys? Shaved fenders, stretched fenders?

Last edited by Hameed; 04-17-07 at 01:36 PM.
Old 04-17-07, 01:25 PM
Indio
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lexforlife

can you believe it , me of all people rollin on 20's

i should have listened to adrian, al and reggie from way back in the day , just came back from a very large carshow here in miami called NOPI drift series , took 2nd pl , i guess the 20's made the car pop more

here are the pics

opinions good or bad welcomed

Wow, still no credit my .02 but we both know, very, very nice look, I bet your only regret is waiting so long to do this.
Old 04-17-07, 01:31 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Indio
Wow, still no credit my .02 but we both know, very, very nice look, I bet your only regret is waiting so long to do this.
actually eric you are 150% correct , you were also one of the originals to make this finally happen, all it took was reggie to push me over the cliff and make me file for bankruptsy protection and get this done

thanks eric , man look me up sometime when you are in town , addy has not changed my man
Old 04-17-07, 01:36 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hameed
Wheels and car look great, Ed!

Now we need some pics taken from very low directly at the back to show how wide those meaty 305's really are!

Get down on belly, stay back about 20 feet or so, park on a light colored drive-way (your current drive-way is perfect for that), use a tripod and take some pics.

What did you have to modify to fit those bad boys? Shaved fenders, stretched fenders?
thanks hameed

i will try some more photos later in the week like you described but i have been told by my friends driving behind me , dammmmmm your rear end looks mean as hell fat fat and fatter.

as far as fitting , had to shave the rear lip down to 1/8 of inch maybe less but remember most of my width goes inward to inside body , i could have gotten 4 in lip if i did not have rotoras on back so down the road when i find a body shop i trust i am going to have rear fender pulled maybe 3-4mm professionally and reconfigure the same wheels to change out the outer lip to 4in and reduce the inner barrel by 1/2 in
Old 04-17-07, 01:39 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by milky

love this look.
Originally Posted by ICEBERGS
Just what the Dr. ordered...nothing like a set of 20's to get your day going!!! The ride looks swweeeet!!!!
thanks guys appreciate the comments

now to decide , yes i will say again (for those who still dont believe i plan eventually to pull the trigger) custom one of supercharger or do what most of my buddies here want me to do run a 2 stage direct port nx express system of 100 shot with chrome or polished 10lb bottles in the trunk
Old 04-17-07, 01:39 PM
IMXCITD
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Lookin' good!
Old 04-17-07, 02:00 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by lexforlife
thanks derrick

question though , why do you think the 305 in the rear is stupid

i myself kinda wish i stayed witht he 10.5 rim and went with a 295/25 tire instead and i might just do that

Originally Posted by svt5150
Im sure he is saying "stupid" as in stupid crazy, just a figure of speach. Not like "why woulud you do a stupid thing like that!" lol.

Exactly, I'm running a 295 on a 11' with a 7series BMW!!! lol 305's are Mercedes SL, CLS 55, some Porsche, etc widths so on a GS its simply INSANE!

As I said I think Bob is running either 305 or 315 on his GS, but I know he did some shaving of the fenders, wheel hub, etc etc.

Anyways, the car looks mint and as you said, you should have gone 20's YEARS ago! lol

Last edited by D2-AUTOSPORT; 04-17-07 at 02:04 PM.
Old 04-17-07, 03:08 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The pics look great but you guys should see this beast in person. The fat meathooks in back look like KingKong paws. I'm shocked it works on a GS but sweet looking it is. The car was always nice but now it's in the showcar playground. I like it just the way it is but adding more power will make it a winner at the shows. It's already fast enough for the streets.
The old south florida GS crew, Adrian, Al and Eric did tell Ed he needed 20's but Ed's kinda hard headed. He ain't no dummy though. He finally listened and the car is the winner.

More pics!
Old 04-17-07, 04:17 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by reggiek
The pics look great but you guys should see this beast in person. The fat meathooks in back look like KingKong paws. I'm shocked it works on a GS but sweet looking it is. The car was always nice but now it's in the showcar playground. I like it just the way it is but adding more power will make it a winner at the shows. It's already fast enough for the streets.
The old south florida GS crew, Adrian, Al and Eric did tell Ed he needed 20's but Ed's kinda hard headed. He ain't no dummy though. He finally listened and the car is the winner.

More pics!
thanks reg for the props

man do i miss those days , hopefully things will pop again
Old 04-17-07, 05:07 PM
R.U. IN AW?
Lexus Test Driver

Default Very Nice....

Originally Posted by milky

love this look.
ED,

You guys down there FL. are doing it right. Looks awesome, nice work. Keep up the great work, congrats on the placing at the show. That's insane a 305 tire! Again great job....

-Joe
Old 04-17-07, 05:15 PM
rodel
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Very nice!
Old 04-17-07, 05:19 PM
DjFergi
Lexus Test Driver

Looks amazing
Old 04-17-07, 06:12 PM