GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Retrofit Showoff!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-16, 03:42 AM
SorrGwa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

swapped out the oem beat up lenses (beyond polishing) for some new ones, kept the oem back housing and everything though.

seeing very clearly now.

Old 05-07-16, 09:42 AM
Tank
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts
Default ........

Originally Posted by GSJake
Brian.. did you mean the Q(45) or (M)35?

lol..........
Old 05-07-16, 11:15 AM
tiguy99
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by SorrGwa
swapped out the oem beat up lenses (beyond polishing) for some new ones, kept the oem back housing and everything though.

seeing very clearly now.
Very nice!
What projectors are these?
Old 05-09-16, 09:56 PM
goodyonsen
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SorrGwa

seeing very clearly now.
Beautiful! I really need to get some new lenses. Where'd you order the lenses from?
Old 05-09-16, 10:59 PM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusK
Anyone selling their retros?
CentralPine has a few 2gs sets available. A lot of members have bought hard to find pieces from them... gotta pay up though
Old 05-10-16, 07:44 PM
Airout
Driver School Candidate

I'm going to dip in this thread. I got a few questions, and hopefully a few pointers/tips.

First off, where do you get new lenses? Mine are starting to get hairline cracks, and the price of new oem headlights, just to cut and retrofit is a waste.

And then. Heres what I'm retrofitting in my headlights. It's a 2 in one, LED headlight. Super pricey, but the light out put is out of this world.
Old 05-10-16, 10:24 PM
kowala
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why not just purchase DEPO headlights and swap the lenses? They don't make replacement lenses so that's really the only way to go if you don't' want to spend 700+ on new housings
Old 05-10-16, 11:17 PM
Airout
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kowala
Why not just purchase DEPO headlights and swap the lenses? They don't make replacement lenses so that's really the only way to go if you don't' want to spend 700+ on new housings
Wasn't sure if they sold just the lenses seperate. I'll get depo's. Normally not a fan of doing that. But to cut up brand new ones to retrofit in 5.75" Projectors. Not worth the cost.
Old 05-11-16, 08:58 AM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Sam from CentralPine can also source the lenses. He has a set for the LS pretty cheap. Wouldn't hurt to contact them since they have so many retrofits through the year. I'm sure they have a set laying around or can at least get them.

You guys in this section are missing out on some crazy good products. Since I don't have a GS I will tell you...

instagram: CentralPineSam plus like 4 other areas for you to pull from.

Save your money and buy higher end stuff from trusted sources. The member who bought ebay projectors and added something to them is way off for this thread. No shame in paying for a set that is professionally done but these headlights are fairly simple to play with for someone with zero experience. Stop searching ebay and amazon because there are much better options out there for just a little more $. Some older members keep the treasure chest a secret for good reason lol but if one is opened up it could save threads like this one ^_^

I'm not a fan of all of these but here is an idea of some of the current products by CentralPine

<br >

<br > <br > <br >
Old 05-11-16, 02:22 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeFoxx
Sam from CentralPine can also source the lenses. He has a set for the LS pretty cheap. Wouldn't hurt to contact them since they have so many retrofits through the year. I'm sure they have a set laying around or can at least get them.

You guys in this section are missing out on some crazy good products. Since I don't have a GS I will tell you...

instagram: CentralPineSam plus like 4 other areas for you to pull from.

Save your money and buy higher end stuff from trusted sources. The member who bought ebay projectors and added something to them is way off for this thread. No shame in paying for a set that is professionally done but these headlights are fairly simple to play with for someone with zero experience. Stop searching ebay and amazon because there are much better options out there for just a little more $. Some older members keep the treasure chest a secret for good reason lol but if one is opened up it could save threads like this one ^_^

I'm not a fan of all of these but here is an idea of some of the current products by CentralPine
those are all awful looking Mike except MAYBE the last set....btw you SURE they can source the lenses cause a few years ago we tried to get a few vendors to get lenses and noone could.. they might have some left over but i doubt they can source new ones
Old 05-11-16, 07:59 PM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sakataj
those are all awful looking Mike except MAYBE the last set....btw you SURE they can source the lenses cause a few years ago we tried to get a few vendors to get lenses and noone could.. they might have some left over but i doubt they can source new ones
Lol I was hoping you'd chime in. Miss having some of you guys to bounce stuff off of. You already know I'm a fan of the proven projector choices.

I'm impartial to the first retrofit it's different but I am having a hard time with the rc stuff. The green set are def not my cup of tea but was just trying to share that there are options. There are more and better components available but I was at work. I do like those tail lights they have though.

like most of the stuff they have its not in bulk and you just gotta check from time to time. In the LS430 section a couple of members were looking for lens covers as well. Older thread post led to an oem replacement but seems that's not an option anymore. CP has a set for the LS $299. I'd just message him and see if he can source a set.

Final Stage is pretty good about finding the hard stuff too. I'll keep my eyes out for better retrofits for you guys. I'll reach out to a couple folks in Sacramento for you Brian if you are looking for a set of new lenses.

Last edited by MikeFoxx; 05-11-16 at 08:11 PM.
Old 05-11-16, 10:19 PM
77i9
Lead Lap

How's it going Mike!
The RC projector is just like the LS600, it's just a replica. So I would imagine the output to be very poor. I know coz I had the LS600 style projectors. I loved how they look but I had to use my quad fogs for driving. Anyways I've been hording projectors for retrofits, just gotta decide what I want to do and start.
Old 05-11-16, 10:28 PM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 77i9
How's it going Mike!
The RC projector is just like the LS600, it's just a replica. So I would imagine the output to be very poor. I know coz I had the LS600 style projectors. I loved how they look but I had to use my quad fogs for driving. Anyways I've been hording projectors for retrofits, just gotta decide what I want to do and start.
Damnnnn it's about to be a reunion up in here glad to see some solid folks still looking and checking in. Thank you for sharing on the rc projectors because there are some sets for the LS430 but still just haven't gotten used to the layout. I knew the LS600s are for looks and the output is crap but I wasn't aware they everyone is pushing replica stuff right now. I've been considering doing another retrofit myself since I know that is the best bang for the money but the idea of a complete set already done is still so relaxing lol. Message me before you start another bulk sale brotha I'm looking for rare pieces and I know you hold a treasure chest.
Old 05-12-16, 01:47 AM
gsean400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

the tailights in the last picture look like they came off a new mercedes...
Old 05-12-16, 02:19 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Lol I was hoping you'd chime in. Miss having some of you guys to bounce stuff off of. You already know I'm a fan of the proven projector choices.

I'm impartial to the first retrofit it's different but I am having a hard time with the rc stuff. The green set are def not my cup of tea but was just trying to share that there are options. There are more and better components available but I was at work. I do like those tail lights they have though.

like most of the stuff they have its not in bulk and you just gotta check from time to time. In the LS430 section a couple of members were looking for lens covers as well. Older thread post led to an oem replacement but seems that's not an option anymore. CP has a set for the LS $299. I'd just message him and see if he can source a set.

Final Stage is pretty good about finding the hard stuff too. I'll keep my eyes out for better retrofits for you guys. I'll reach out to a couple folks in Sacramento for you Brian if you are looking for a set of new lenses.
hey mike, long time no talk....i dont hate the last ones, i wouldnt rock them as they remind me of like the new chevy, mercedes style lights

i recall the SC people having lens made for them that turned into a giant fail and debacle. nah dont need new lenses (but will always scoop up NEW lenses if the price is right). i want a LS430 or M35 retro again, i regret selling the LS430 one i had

Originally Posted by 77i9
How's it going Mike!
sell me some cheap LS430 ones Gill, as much business as we have done

Damnnnn it's about to be a reunion up in here glad to see some solid folks still looking and checking in. Thank you for sharing on the rc projectors because there are some sets for the LS430 but still just haven't gotten used to the layout. I knew the LS600s are for looks and the output is crap but I wasn't aware they everyone is pushing replica stuff right now. I've been considering doing another retrofit myself since I know that is the best bang for the money but the idea of a complete set already done is still so relaxing lol. Message me before you start another bulk sale brotha I'm looking for rare pieces and I know you hold a treasure chest.
i just started coming back around after a few years off the boards. i dont miss it really, same "new" and a lot of "old" members who pop back up and wanna be spoonfed all the time. im really only around as i swear i will be selling my car this year

i think all the LS600's were replica's i dont recall EVER seeing a real set of LS600's in a retro, i mean who is gonna spend $2-4k for the projectors before the retro.

you have any retro's atm you wanna unload?

Quick Reply: Retrofit Showoff!