GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

My Next Ride! On Order..........

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-01, 07:20 PM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up My Next Ride! On Order..........

Well........ All I have to do is sell my house!!! :eek:
But anyway, the upcoming Dodge will be no ************ joke! An industry first known as the "3 Fives". 500 cubic inches, 500 hp, and oh yeah a spine crushing neck snapping 500 ft. lbs. of Torque! :eek: :eek: :eek: Can you say, "More rubber please."
Attached Thumbnails My Next Ride! On Order..........-03viper.jpg  
Old 10-18-01, 07:30 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

500 hp and 500 ft/lb of tq is cool. Very impressive. But I don't see what's to brag about the 500 cu. in of displacement. It'll only sound better to create more power from less displacements...... ? Again back to the replacement for displacement. Since turbo RB26DETT engine with 2.6 liter can get around 1000hp, hm, ........?

so yah new viper very cool very fast lotsa power but hey cut down on the displacement, it's nothing to brag about.
Old 10-18-01, 07:41 PM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by GlobeCLK
500 hp and 500 ft/lb of tq is cool. Very impressive. But I don't see what's to brag about the 500 cu. in of displacement. It'll only sound better to create more power from less displacements...... ? Again back to the replacement for displacement. Since turbo RB26DETT engine with 2.6 liter can get around 1000hp, hm, ........?

so yah new viper very cool very fast lotsa power but hey cut down on the displacement, it's nothing to brag about.
Well Globe, yeah, I guess you got a point.... But I'm a detroit guy at heart and have owned some monsters in the past, i.e. Two 10 sec. @ 1/4 mile cars, and have driven my Uncles 68 Camaro to a face-flattening 7.4 @ 167 m.ph.! :eek: :eek: :eek: For me, there's no substitution for "RAW CUBES MAKING RAW POWER! But hey that's just me. Don't get me wrong, I love my Lex and won't sell or trade it except for a newer, stronger and more refined GS! But if we're talkin drag strip and christmas tree lights *that's drag lights * I'll take the in your seat & back rumbling V8's or in this case V10!
Old 10-18-01, 07:48 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by TXSTYLE

Well Globe, yeah, I guess you got a point.... But I'm a detroit guy at heart and have owned some monsters in the past, i.e. Two 10 sec. @ 1/4 mile cars, and have driven my Uncles 68 Camaro to a face-flattening 7.4 @ 167 m.ph.! :eek: :eek: :eek: For me, there's no substitution for "RAW CUBES MAKING RAW POWER! But hey that's just me. Don't get me wrong, I love my Lex and won't sell or trade it except for a newer, stronger and more refined GS! But if we're talkin drag strip and christmas tree lights *that's drag lights * I'll take the in your seat & back rumbling V8's or in this case V10!
haha that's cool, the soul of true American muscle cars!
Old 10-18-01, 11:52 PM
dnguyen_GS430
Driver

so with all those HP and Torque, how fast do you want to go from one stop light to another? You still going to have to wait for the next light and wait in stop and go traffic anyway. You can peel your tires and then some grand pa pull out in front of you but then you can't stop in time and ran over the son of a B*tch. You then go book for vehicular manslaugher.

Ladies and Gent. All the HP and TQ in the world is for bragging rights. It's only worth it if you're going to the track. 300-400 HP from the GS 430 is plenty for me.

Just my opinion.
Old 10-19-01, 02:18 AM
mooretorque
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

But if someone doesn't take the risk to build a Viper or a Z06 or even (God help me) an Aztek and put it on the street, automotive life could get pretty dull. Even if, as in the case of the Aztek, it ends up looking like somebody threw up on their CAD/CAM, at least they didn't say: "Hey, let's do a takeoff on ...........". I say, celebrate diversity.

You're right, dnguyen, it IS about bragging rights, just as we (quietly, of course; after all, it is a Lexus and we must maintain a certain decorum in the face of all this refinement) brag about our GS4s waxing just about any 4 door out there.

Makes me want to go do a couple of donuts right now.
Old 10-19-01, 03:34 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Speaking of the Skyline...if you took of the ricer stripes, slapped a GT-R logo on the front, made the roof flat and put the exhaust out back, it would hav made a great looking R35 Skyline....except that it wouldn't be the "3 Fives"...it would have been "1 three, a K, and a eight" or something...3.0 liter, 1000 HP, 800 ft lbs.... Those damn Japanese always tryin' to be smart or something!

Looks nice though...I would take one in all siver or blue metallic (sorry, as "Americana" as race stripes are, I think they're gay) with some better looking wheels...20" HRE 540/543/545/546...hmmm, you think my insurance would go up?

So how much is this bad boy going to go for?
Old 10-19-01, 07:07 AM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Exclamation

Oh without question. This is absolutely a "be seen in" vehicle! I'm sure it would be few and far between that you will be able to test it's limits: 0-60 3.7, 1/4 mile mid 11's, top speed 200+!!! Oh and by the way I wasn't serious about selling my friggin house! Let's just say this bad boy is on my things to obtain list....
Old 10-19-01, 10:43 AM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by TXSTYLE
Oh without question. This is absolutely a "be seen in" vehicle! I'm sure it would be few and far between that you will be able to test it's limits: 0-60 3.7, 1/4 mile mid 11's, top speed 200+!!! Oh and by the way I wasn't serious about selling my friggin house! Let's just say this bad boy is on my things to obtain list....
Actually, this Viper is the race version concept Viper GTS-R. The production viper that you are talking about with the 500/500/500 was rolled out last year in the Detroit auto show. IMHO, it was a lot smoother design with some styling cues derived from this concept car BUT in no way close to the provocative shape of the previous Viper Or the GTS-R you posted above. It actually looks like a Corvette a little bit. I, for one, am a bit disappointed in the bland body design but performance is KILLER!

PS I saw this car at the LA Auto Show. It was even better in person!! Very, Very Low....

Brent
Old 10-19-01, 11:03 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by manaray
...it wouldn't be the "3 Fives"...it would have been "1 three, a K, and a eight" or something...3.0 liter, 1000 HP, 800 ft lbs.... Those damn Japanese always tryin' to be smart or something!

that's a good one
Old 10-19-01, 04:26 PM
biggie27
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the new viper but if I had the money I wouldn't get that

I would get this little machine right here
Attached Thumbnails My Next Ride! On Order..........-murcielago8.jpg  
Old 10-19-01, 04:27 PM
biggie27
Lexus Champion

BAT OUTA HELL
Attached Thumbnails My Next Ride! On Order..........-murcielago2b.jpg  
Old 10-19-01, 04:28 PM
biggie27
Lexus Champion

the interior
Attached Thumbnails My Next Ride! On Order..........-murcielago10.jpg  
Old 10-19-01, 04:30 PM
biggie27
Lexus Champion

look at that ***
Attached Thumbnails My Next Ride! On Order..........-murcielago7.jpg  
Old 10-19-01, 04:31 PM
Static911

how much do used vipers cost?

static911

Quick Reply: My Next Ride! On Order..........