GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Broke your ABS/VSC sensor? Here's how to fix it!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-10, 07:08 AM
Vic Nyce
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had a tire explosion that blew my fender liner apart. i see a two wires with gold male ends which im guessing are the VSC wires. however, i dont see any of the female plugs. i do see a green wire and a brown wire just chillin in the breeze. help please!!?!????

Old 04-03-10, 08:35 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

hmmm...i was under my car the other night and dont recall seeing any wires like this, you sure these are stock? i cant see first pic very well the comp im on at at work is kinda fubared and its dark and you cant adjust the settings to make it lighter so i cant see anything but the wires in the right side in the first pic
Old 04-03-10, 09:10 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great job, way to save a few of these $$$$$
Old 04-03-10, 09:59 AM
Vic Nyce
Lead Lap

here are some more detailed samples of the first pic. its just a wider field of view of what you would be looking at when you pull the liner back. pics 2 and 3 in my OP are close ups of the wire ends. as luck would have it, my 3000k fogs came in this week so it was convenient getting it done with the fender liner torn apart lol.

i traced the wires with the gold male ends, and they lead right to the hub assembly. i just need to know where it plugs into.

Old 04-03-10, 11:50 AM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

I was going to post earlier but I forgot to. The black and white wires with the thick rubber boot is for the ABS/VSC sensor. The brown/green is either for the sidemarker or the foglight.

For the ABS sensor, the connector is tucked right against the car's frame. It's in between the plastic liner and the car. Look around in there, it's a grey colored plug.

EDIT: Wait a sec lol. Upon further examination of your pictures, it looks like you're missing the other end to the plug. You see where that loop/metal plate with hole in it. Right above where the wire is in the picture, that's where the other end of the connector is supposed to be heh. You probably broke the clip off because that's where it usually sits. Dig around in that area and see if you can find it.
Old 04-03-10, 12:26 PM
Vic Nyce
Lead Lap

its all good.

the sidemarker and fog light both work, but the city light is out. the brown and green wires are probably for that.

i've closed everything back up because i have to get going, but i dont recall seeing or feeling anything that resembles a plug while i was fondling that area lol. i'll have another go at it tomorrow morning. thanks gents.
Old 04-04-10, 06:07 PM
Vic Nyce
Lead Lap

got an update. i looked and felt around and behind the frame and there was nothing. i replaced the city light and it lit up. at this point, i was convinced that the brown and green wires are my suspects. i rolled the dice and connected brown to black and green to white.

started her up and those 3 lights were still burning orange. damnit! drove it around for less than a minute and they went away. SUCCESS! so there you have it folks!
Old 04-08-10, 09:53 PM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What happened to the pictures? Where they being copied from the projectdiy.com site? This just happened to me!
Old 04-09-10, 04:26 PM
Champstar
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

do the wires have to be soldered can they be connected with wire nuts or something along those lines?
Old 04-09-10, 07:24 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Solder them if the connector is broken.
Old 04-10-10, 06:12 PM
Vic Nyce
Lead Lap

forgot to post the pix0rz

Old 04-22-10, 12:20 AM
2GSonAir
Lead Lap

That's funny, my front passenger side only hase one wire and broke right by the sensor not by the plug.

Last edited by 2GSonAir; 05-03-10 at 01:04 PM.
Old 07-02-10, 11:26 PM
TLcoats
Lexus Test Driver

Shoot. I am pretty sure this happened to me because When i installed my BC racing coilovers i installed the abs wire bracket to high up the coilover. Thinking that i would need room to lower the threaded part down to lower the car. But i guess it make the cable to tight then you make a turn and SNAP. The wire's break. And in my case im pretty sure both of them did.

I am not very electrically savy at all. To be honest i have never worked with electrical stuff. How hard is it to solder/fix these wires? Also does anyone have any pictures to go along with the DIY? That would help alot. Thanks again. Man i feel stupid. Rookie mistake i guess...
Old 07-03-10, 10:05 AM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by TLcoats
Shoot. I am pretty sure this happened to me because When i installed my BC racing coilovers i installed the abs wire bracket to high up the coilover. Thinking that i would need room to lower the threaded part down to lower the car. But i guess it make the cable to tight then you make a turn and SNAP. The wire's break. And in my case im pretty sure both of them did.

I am not very electrically savy at all. To be honest i have never worked with electrical stuff. How hard is it to solder/fix these wires? Also does anyone have any pictures to go along with the DIY? That would help alot. Thanks again. Man i feel stupid. Rookie mistake i guess...
Soldering is quite easy. Perdy much connecting 2 wires with the metal stuff. Keep it consistent without burning up the solder n your good. I remember soldering tiny microchip legs when i played with Xmods n it wasnt to hard. Wires are easier of course! i can try to get pictures since one of my lines are broken so maybe ill take some when i fix it :]
Old 08-22-10, 11:23 AM
TLcoats
Lexus Test Driver

Hey jeff, If i take off my two front ABS wires and send them to you via overnight mail could you fix them for me and send them back? Abviously for a price! Let me know because i need these done and my soldering-wiring skills arent anywhere good enough!

Quick Reply: Broke your ABS/VSC sensor? Here's how to fix it!