GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Got into an accident : (

Old 07-14-06, 07:06 PM
vicestan
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got into an accident : (

Well guys this is my first accident ever, partly my fault I did technically fail to yeld to incoming traffic but I had more then enough time to make the left turn but the guy in a 92 pontiac grand prix didn't see me untill he was about 15 meters away and starting braking and locking up his brakes. Anyway heres my baby, the damage doesn't look to severe, the control arms seem to be damaged, the upper one definatly snapped and the door needs to be replaced along with the wheel and tire. And the ironic thing is today I installed supra tt brakes, took me 4 hours of labor and 4 hours after I installed them, this happens and I removed my right headlight which is LS projector retrofitted to do some minor modifications so the beat up temporary headlight got smashed, what a day guys what a day. I have some questions, first of all I have allstate insurance, will they cover my aftermarket wheel and tire? second Q is since the control arms will be replaced on the right side I'm thinking should I just get the daizen sways and have the shop install them???. I will pick the shop where I will have the car fixed. Another ironic thing is my front right fender was side swapped in parking lot about 2 month ago, the clear coat was scratched and the fender was dented a little, well today I was going to buy a new fender and have it painted but it loks like fate took over . Ah I was enjoying the tt brakes so much amazing stoping power and response, well at least the caliper and the rotor wasen't damaged. Stan.

Old 07-14-06, 07:15 PM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow, sorry to hear about the accident, but fortunately noone was seriously injured. Good luck getting her back to new...maybe even better than new
Old 07-14-06, 07:19 PM
e-man
Pole Position

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

That's too bad, Stan. Like Mark said, at least you're okay. Where did it happen? Did the guy in the Pontiac try to swerve to the right to avoid you or did you stop mid-way through your left turn (I ask because he hit you in the front as opposed to the middle or back)? I'm sure you'll be back up and running in no time.
Old 07-14-06, 07:35 PM
vicestan
Lead Lap

Thanks guys, yea I seen his face when he saw my car he was , he was going about 48-50 in a 40mph zone, ofcourse I can't prove that, it happen on a T intersection, I was driving on route 25 and making a turn on bolder hill, there was a car making a right onto route 25 once I seen that I knew I could take a left turn so I did but the guy in the pontiac didn't see that car turning so he didn't slow down and he didn't see me untill it was to late and yes he tried to swerve to the left, hes tires locked up and hit me. I know it was my fault because I should have waited but it was a busy intersection and I made a turn I would make any other day of the week, its like the unspoken rule of driving I guess? technically illigal but practised every day, I just happen to run into a guy who wasen't paying attention. I guess if he had a better car he would of stopped but I can't turn back time . I got a question for anyone who'm ever had an accident, I was planing on leaving for vacation in the middle of august, now the state trooper issued me a sitation and I have court on august 25, it says I have to be there but do I really have to be there? I don't think I can say anything that will put the blame on the other guy so I'm getting sited as the person who's responsible for the accident, so my Q is can I have the court date delayed or can I not go? or is it in my best interest to show up, Stan.
Old 07-14-06, 07:50 PM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn ! Im glad to see you are typing still ... sorry to see the car in that condition esp.. since we are all lexus lovers .... That guy must have been going pretty fast .. and I know that when you fix this car up that you might make it look way better ...

I hope all goes well with the rebuild and I hope that you dont let it discourage you ...

Best news is that your ok ... and the Good headlamps are in a good location away from the car

You might be able to let the insurance company know about the brakes ? iono

Good luck brotha .. keep moving forward ... only direction left... ahhight ?
Old 07-14-06, 08:01 PM
exvelocity
Pole Position

sorry to see **** like this, make sure you find a reputable shop to fix it, cause Allstate will try to convince you that their Sterling collision center will be doing the repairs,and they will usually nickle and dime you to death , hate dealing with Allstate, good luck and hope you get it fixed right, looks like about $6k damage
Old 07-14-06, 08:55 PM
bighitbike
Lexus Champion

Damn man glad your ok
Old 07-14-06, 09:12 PM
DruMnBaSS
Lead Lap

dude that sucks.... thats the 2nd tonight. i fell asleep on turnpike once at 80 5k 40 sec nap
Old 07-14-06, 09:14 PM
Lexbox
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

It hurts to see something so nice in such bad shape but we are glad your ok.
Old 07-14-06, 09:15 PM
Lexus of Glendale
Lexus Dealership

Sorry to know.
Old 07-14-06, 09:37 PM
corkycal
Lexus Champion

glad that you're ok. luckly you pulled out the retrofitted headlights. before you know it, you'll be up and running again.
Old 07-14-06, 09:38 PM
vicestan
Lead Lap

Thanks for the support guys, I really apreciate it. I checked the wheel damage and it looks like the upper control arm is bent in half and the lower control arm is bent slightly, they absorbed alot of the impact. Does anyone know where I can get the daizen front bushings?, Stan.
Old 07-15-06, 01:45 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Stan,

Glad you're OK....looks kinda bad....hopefully no frame damage.

Btw....I bought my Daizen bushings from Sewell

Pete
Old 07-15-06, 05:27 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

sorry to see this happen to your GS Stan. hopefully they can get her looking as good as new
Old 07-15-06, 05:29 AM
GWELEX
Lexus Champion

Bummer. Looks worse than it probably is. Glad that there were no injuries to either party. Stuff happens and we have to just move on. Good luck with court and the repairs.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Got into an accident : (