GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Post Pictures of Your GS with wheels & stock suspension

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-06, 10:39 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

My car had coilovers installed within 48 hours of my getting the keys for it.
Wheels came shortly after.
Lowering is always the first thing I do to my cars.

Stock height = bad.
Old 05-26-06, 12:26 AM
kamnan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got 19" with HKS suspension. I drive nothing like an original Lexus now. Maby cause I drop it and set the suspension too hard. Or may be i'm doing something wrong?
Old 05-26-06, 03:39 AM
GUNRU-GS4
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

STOCK WITH 18"S
Old 05-26-06, 06:34 AM
URDONE
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by kamnan
I got 19" with HKS suspension. I drive nothing like an original Lexus now. Maby cause I drop it and set the suspension too hard. Or may be i'm doing something wrong?
This is exactly what I am afraid of. I enjoy the Lexus ride too much. I went from Ford to Lexus, so you guys can understand the difference.

Lexus Kid, is that picture on the stock suspension? It looks a little low already??? Is it just me, or is the rear of our cars lower than the front?
Old 05-26-06, 06:53 AM
GWELEX
Lexus Champion

My very dusty GS on 19's with stock suspension last week. Next week Bilstein PSS's. Currently the ride quality has actually improved, just as smooth but a lot quieter. Then again, all I can compare it to is the stock 16's with studded snows all the way around.
Attached Thumbnails Post Pictures of Your GS with wheels & stock suspension-wheel3.jpg  
Old 05-26-06, 09:34 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by URDONE
This is exactly what I am afraid of. I enjoy the Lexus ride too much. I went from Ford to Lexus, so you guys can understand the difference.

Lexus Kid, is that picture on the stock suspension? It looks a little low already??? Is it just me, or is the rear of our cars lower than the front?
Tein CS ride plush as stock without the unnecessary float.
Old 05-26-06, 10:51 AM
lexmenow
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LEXUS_KID

NEVER again
That doesn't look that bad
Old 05-26-06, 11:00 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

bee-four

afta (sorry had to make up for how bad the pics up top look lol)

hopefully, if the point of your thread was to try and convince yourself to rock some wheels but leave your suspension stock, this post changed your mind... yeah you can get away with stock ride height...but you know you wanna drop her, its ok...all your friends are doin it, just give it a shot.. LOL

Last edited by upstateGS4; 05-26-06 at 11:04 AM.
Old 05-26-06, 12:50 PM
gbpackers4
Driver School Candidate

my 20's on my 2002...... CAMERA PHONES are bad quality..... makes my car look so long, and dirty

(stock suspension)
Not sure if I want to lower....
Attached Thumbnails Post Pictures of Your GS with wheels & stock suspension-cid__0330061407.jpg  
Old 05-26-06, 01:21 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by djjt
give me a couple of hours and i'll show ya... just took pics today... need to get it off a friend's camera. and she's a girl who wants to be an import model... so you'll probably like it hehe

and last night at a local meet up

yep, still waiting to see these lol
Old 05-26-06, 08:00 PM
Chpsk8
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

20" Milano's, stock suspension. Rubs when I turn hard left while backing up. Other than that, not a bad ride...

Old 05-26-06, 09:27 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Chpsk8
20" Milano's, stock suspension. Rubs when I turn hard left while backing up. Other than that, not a bad ride...

what'd you do get the wrong offsets? im lowered on l tuned springs and shocks with the 20 inch staggered milano setup with absolutely ZERO rubbing no matter how hard you turn the wheel left or right... good luck with that
Old 05-27-06, 12:32 AM
FrankWhite
Lead Lap

I just bought this 02 Sportdesign w/ nav/ml 2 weeks ago and I'm in love....I'm kind of past the huge rims stage...I drive around exects and they would probably laugh and say I was ghetto....but I do plan on droppin at some point because it does look stupid....my old ES looked nice dropped and I have to do it again....All you guys wondering if the replica 2006 GS430 wheels from OEMWheels on ebay are good....I will say that they are very very nice. I am very impressed. I got these shipped to NY for 710 altogether. They charge over 100 to ship from cali and their price is 650 online...so i sent an email and they accepted my offer of 710...send an email and offer...they'll do it and they are very professional. They look very nice and I put some cheap kumho asx's all season and the ride is 100% better than the balloons that were on the stock wheels. OEMrims = very nice in my book. Sorry about this bull***** pic but they're from my bull***** razr.
Attached Thumbnails Post Pictures of Your GS with wheels & stock suspension-my-new-gs-with-18s.jpg  
Old 05-27-06, 10:08 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by FrankWhite
I just bought this 02 Sportdesign w/ nav/ml 2 weeks ago and I'm in love....I'm kind of past the huge rims stage...I drive around exects and they would probably laugh and say I was ghetto....but I do plan on droppin at some point because it does look stupid....my old ES looked nice dropped and I have to do it again....All you guys wondering if the replica 2006 GS430 wheels from OEMWheels on ebay are good....I will say that they are very very nice. I am very impressed. I got these shipped to NY for 710 altogether. They charge over 100 to ship from cali and their price is 650 online...so i sent an email and they accepted my offer of 710...send an email and offer...they'll do it and they are very professional. They look very nice and I put some cheap kumho asx's all season and the ride is 100% better than the balloons that were on the stock wheels. OEMrims = very nice in my book. Sorry about this bull***** pic but they're from my bull***** razr.
if you put the right set of 20s on a gs and lower it right, it doesnt look ghetto at all, if anything it makes it look more classy..... now i could see if you bolted up a set of spinners or supa chrome somethings with zero lip etc etc and no drop then it would look pretty dumb.... but what are they used to driving around in thats not "ghetto"? buicks and hyundai elantras?
Old 05-27-06, 04:36 PM
Chpsk8
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by upstateGS4
what'd you do get the wrong offsets? im lowered on l tuned springs and shocks with the 20 inch staggered milano setup with absolutely ZERO rubbing no matter how hard you turn the wheel left or right... good luck with that
Nope. Rubs on the front wheel well plastic. Offsets were setup by Stef at D2Autosport so it's set up correctly for a GS300. Thanks for the concern though.

Quick Reply: Post Pictures of Your GS with wheels & stock suspension