GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Dealership Janked Me!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-06, 07:30 PM
Kharizma
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealership Janked Me!

I took my car in for an oil change (felt too lazy to do it myself this time around) so I had my own oil and filter and just wanted that done, NOTHING ELSE.. ok great.. so I get the car back and I went straight to work. then the next morning I get ready to clean my intake filter and my in-cabin filter and when I finally get to my in-cabin filter, IT'S GONE! I had the Blitz A/C Hybrid Filter lol and they never were instructed to change anything on my car and they didn't charge me for an OEM filter but that's what I have now compared to my Blitz filter.. and they're saying "we didn't change anything because we didn't charge you for a new filter" I know for a FACT that no one else touches or has touched my in-cabin filter because all my other work is done at my homeboy's shop where I'm helping them lol.. what do I do if they deny it and don't compensate me?
Old 05-17-06, 07:40 PM
tuddy
Negative Nancy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

slap em with it hahah

no seriously you should def make em get it back or buy you a new one
Old 05-17-06, 07:55 PM
Lexbox
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Holy crap! I cant believe they jacked your filter. Thats crazy!

Last edited by Lexbox; 05-17-06 at 08:01 PM.
Old 05-17-06, 08:00 PM
carenthus
Driver

Been hearing a lot of dealer horror story lately. It's like watching a Hollywood movie. What happens to trust in this world? That's why I try to do-it-yourself as much as I can unless it is something major. Nobody is gonna treat your car with as much as passion as yourself.

Hope everything turns out fine for you.
Old 05-17-06, 08:06 PM
Kharizma
Lexus Champion

yeah.. the service manager and service rep's are cool with me and love my car, it's just the tech's in the back i want to slap around.. i already had 2 incidents before where they would rev my car and speed off in the street for the road test lol.. bastards! and now this!

are they supposed to replace these things? what can i expect? will they try to deny it?
Old 05-17-06, 08:56 PM
tuddy
Negative Nancy

Originally Posted by Kharizma
yeah.. the service manager and service rep's are cool with me and love my car, it's just the tech's in the back i want to slap around.. i already had 2 incidents before where they would rev my car and speed off in the street for the road test lol.. bastards! and now this!

are they supposed to replace these things? what can i expect? will they try to deny it?
i bought my car in for a service once and i had an K&N air filter in at the time and they replaced it with a toyota one but put the k&n back in the toyota box in my trunk good luck bro
Old 05-18-06, 04:17 AM
GUNRU-GS4
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I bet one of the service guys has a GS and was like "damn look at this filter". He took it for his car and thought you would never notice. I wonder why someone would even check your AC filter when you were just getting an oil change.

That makes me upset if thats what really happened. I have had nothing but great experiences at my local Lexus dealer.
Old 05-18-06, 05:56 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

It's always a good idea to inform the service writer what you don't want changed on your car, and have him or her record it on the service invoice. Good luck though.
Old 05-18-06, 06:04 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GUNRU-GS4
I wonder why someone would even check your AC filter when you were just getting an oil change.

That makes me upset if thats what really happened. I have had nothing but great experiences at my local Lexus dealer.

They were probably checking to see if the filter was dirty so they could suggest they replace it for him. Then the tech saw the blitz filter and knew it was alot more expensive than the OEM filter and decided to keep for his GS If thats what happened that really sucks and he needs to be fired
Old 05-18-06, 06:14 AM
GWELEX
Lexus Champion

I've noticed that Lexus of Alaska takes a few additional steps whenever I take my car in for oil changes. They tend to "inspect" things that aren't even closely related to just an oil change. I'm sure it's all good intentions and maybe even a good service point, but nothing ever gets changed without contacting me first now. Once, the tech (all in good intentions), took apart my SRT to clean the air filter. I received a phone call stating he couldn't get the car to restart upon re-assembly. I was furious, the intake was only 2 weeks old and didn't even need cleaning yet. Needless to say, we now have an understanding of what work will be performed on my car.
Old 05-18-06, 06:17 AM
tuddy
Negative Nancy

i wouldnt put it past those techs...they are scumbags
Old 05-18-06, 06:59 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

LOL - come on people. Conspiracy theories!! Do you honestly think the tech who did it has a GS and stole his BLitz filter

Jonny
Old 05-18-06, 07:54 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How else would the filter go missing? Maybe they decided to change his filter for free and not tell him
Old 05-18-06, 08:03 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by GS300Rich
How else would the filter go missing? Maybe they decided to change his filter for free and not tell him
LOL - yeah I am sure a Lexus tech is going to risk his job for an air filter

Jonny
Old 05-18-06, 08:14 AM
djjt
Lead Lap

that's insane. its a friggin air filter for christ sake hahah

Quick Reply: Dealership Janked Me!