GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

What GS inspired you to buy or build your current GS?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-06, 10:17 AM
svt5150
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's one of Neo's for you Angel

Old 04-18-06, 10:23 AM
Revhard191
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Thanks Bud..... I am still trying to figure out how to do all of this inserting of pics on the forum

Again, many thanks!

Cheers,

Revhard191
"Angel"
Old 04-18-06, 10:33 AM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Davegs4!!!!!!
Old 04-18-06, 10:39 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by blacksc400
Davegs4!!!!!!

Jonny
Old 04-18-06, 10:55 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks Angel for the shout out. My first inspiration would be ErickG's car. It was really not the mods on his car but he showed me how a ABM car can look fixed up. Since then, I mostly mod for myself but I have taken a few cues from DaveGS4's car.

Here is ErickG's car:

Old 04-18-06, 11:06 AM
Revhard191
Lead Lap

Neo
Thanks Angel for the shout out. My first inspiration would be ErickG's car. It was really not the mods on his car but he showed me how a ABM car can look fixed up. Since then, I mostly mod for myself but I have taken a few cues from DaveGS4's car.

Here is ErickG's car:
No problem Neo,

I have only known your car to be the ABM color here in CL. I can now see that ErikG's is just as Unique. I don't see very many cars our color, so that is another reason why I liked the color, very classy and unique and it stand out from some of the other colors. I am one that likes to be a little different and I can't be anymore happier with my car.

I do mods that I think will make the car flow smoothly, and it doesn't matter how long it will take me.....hahahha I still have my Civic on 15" Gale 3pc rims....now that is old school.(She is sitting in the garage collecting dust, well until gas hits it's high mark, then she will be my daily driver, until then, the GS rolls every day.)

But a big for having a car that someone can look up to and inspire in many ways. Keep modding!

Cheers,

Revhard191
Old 04-18-06, 11:39 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

this local kid had a blue one, full l sportline kit, l sportline exhaust, the l sportline wheels, 20s i think, dropped just right not too low just sat perfect, nice tint, just real clean car... after i saw that putting around town i wanted one but didnt get one for a year or so... i was driving around in my 00 milano red turbo'd civic si for a long time afterwards until i gave up on modding hondas and kinda stepped back out of the car show circuit.. found the white gs im driving now through a dealership out in LI and ive had her now for the past two years 100% satsified with the car except the damn FOGGY HEADLIGHTS lol
Old 04-18-06, 12:59 PM
Indio
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This one done it for me...... ......

Old 04-18-06, 01:45 PM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My boy Kimo ( screen name: Hudini) had the cleanest GS I had ever seen back home in Hawaii. It was imperial jade green, lowered on chrome 20's, I think he had the greddy exhaust,...everything on it was so clean and tastefully done. That is what got me hooked,...so much so that I ended up getting a imperial jade green GS too. Unfortunately, I don't think he had pics of the car in its completed stages before he sold it...the only one I can find is this old one from when he cleared out his 98 tailights back in 2001 (this is pre-ehaust, pre-deep dish 20's, pre-all the other mods he did.)

Along with his green GS, the other one continues to inspire me (amongst others) is "fireballs gs400" beautiful imperial jade ride!!! Man, I can't wait to get a fresh paint job so my could look 1/2 as good as this!!!

Old 04-18-06, 02:08 PM
GS wanted
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bluelex
I saw this thread in the sc forums and thought it was cool than it got me thinking. Shout out to the sc guys, I'm going to "borrow" your idea.

So Who inspired you to either Buy or Build your current GS? I thought it would be cool to pay homage to the guys who really inspired you. Also thought it would be cool to find out who inspired some of the old G's like the glen's, rom's, dave's, neo's to name a few.

1. Name
2. Post a pic.
3. Why?

I didn't know of clublexus when I bought my gs, I only wanted to put 20's and drop it with a small beat in the trunk. Than after looking in the gallery I found 2 cars that changed my mind.

JacobT & RMMGS4

With JacobT's car is was perfect a super clean rmm kit with 5 spoke chrome wheels, and with glen it was again that rmm kit with clean wheels both made me search hard and finally pull the trigger on that kit. Both pics were saved on my pc as inspiration. Thanx guys.. In general I know CL has inspired me the most but these were the forefront guys that got me started.

What about you guys?
You mentioned them already. ..then add yours to that list as well. That RMM kit was a favorite from day 1 and I'm glad I went with it.
Old 04-18-06, 03:25 PM
alohaincal
Driver

I came across manaray's Gs in a recent thread and that did it for me! IMo he has one of the cleanest looking Gs's out there. If anyone can post his Gs with the Iforged aero, please do.
Great thread
Old 04-18-06, 03:36 PM
socwrkr
Rookie

Originally Posted by wringo
I had alway's liked the GS from the 1ST generation model and thought that one day I would be the owner of one! I was fortunate enough to wait awhile and I was blessed with the ability to purchase a 2nd generation GS (Platinum Series)! I had seen many GS's in the neighborhood with tires and rims but nothing to the magnitude of what I saw when I was introduced to Clublexus! It was my first initial meet (Old Town), when my car was bone stock that inspired me to mod! I was overwhelmed by the looks of (Lexusondubs,Teelex,Lexforlife,00lexondub) and many other members car at this meet! Many of these members mentioned Bluelex's car which allowed me to check it out on CL! All I could say was wow! After being introduced to a few more members such as Alsilverbullet and Pmatrix ,this really got me going with this modding thing! All have been an inspiration to mod along with other members cars here on CL!
Alsilverbullet's ride

Pmatrix' ride!

Teelex's ride!

Lexusondubs ride!

Bluelex's ride!

They all were my first influences!!!
Sorry to ask, but was wondering what wheels are on the first two cars and the third car?

Thanks!
Old 04-18-06, 05:43 PM
YeShrug
Pit Crew

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by GSoup
i have 2 cars that come to mind..and recently i have added another one because i have seen it in person...

bluelex - yup adrian gotta love your ride... plus even more so with the plans i have discussed with you recently

Thats my wallpaper

Thinking of trading in my TL-S but Its gotta be the blue/black with navi
Old 04-18-06, 07:30 PM
GWELEX
Lexus Champion

I was inspired to go with Lexus because of the wife's RX dependability. After a years worth of ownership it still seemed like a brand new car and it was 4 years old when we bought it! My choice for a GS was done pretty much on my own with tons of online research. It was through this research that I found you guys here at CL. As for cars I'd like to emulate, Asilverbullet has always been one of my favorites. However, due to my budget constaints, I'm taking a path very different than that. I hope it all comes together tastefully and I love looking at what could be done if things were different.
Old 04-18-06, 08:39 PM
tuddy
Negative Nancy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

all of you guys really...just so many beautiful cars on here but the ones that i kinda look up to are and im not trying to suck up or anything TLW,bluelex,davegs4 and lex11 with the white GS...hopefully one day someone will look up to my car lol...

Quick Reply: What GS inspired you to buy or build your current GS?