GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)
View Poll Results: What do you think about these rims?
Those rims are HOT!! BUY THEM NOW!!
16.22%
They are nice but I would go with something else.
35.14%
Back to the drawing board Automan.
48.65%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

New shoes for Automan......

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-05, 07:02 AM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New shoes for Automan......

In my last post I asked for input on what I should do to my car next. Many of you expressed that you thought some new rims were needed. So I had D2 suggest a set that they thought would look nice on my car. But wanted to bring it to my CL brothers and sisters if we have any before making the big jump. What do you guys think?

I know that by now everyone probably knows what my car looks like but just to torture you.
Attached Thumbnails New shoes for Automan......-sideview.jpg  
Old 12-21-05, 07:07 AM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Here are the rims!!
20 Inch Chrome of course.
Attached Thumbnails New shoes for Automan......-statusrr5chrome.jpe  
Old 12-21-05, 07:17 AM
GWELEX
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lots of lip, lots of chrome, looks easy to detail. Good choice. But I voted my personal choice of go with something else.
Old 12-21-05, 07:29 AM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GWELEX
Lots of lip, lots of chrome, looks easy to detail. Good choice. But I voted my personal choice of go with something else.
Do you have a pic of the setup that you would suggest?
Old 12-21-05, 08:19 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think for the price you cant go wrong. But I think there are better styles out there.
Old 12-21-05, 08:49 AM
GWELEX
Lexus Champion

I myself lean towards multi-spoke designs with nice lip action. Something similar to the one shown on D2's product page. The I-Forged Rev and Retro 3 piece are nice. But those are my choices.

http://www.d2autosport.com/iforged.html
Old 12-21-05, 09:05 AM
beauphus
Pole Position

for your setup and styling i would recommend some ASANTIS...styling would match nice - good show quality - center cap blue matches ur paint...maybe im wrong but i think they'll look hot!

http://www.d2autosport.com/asanti.html
Old 12-21-05, 09:13 AM
Mattress
Pole Position

i agree with beauphus. Asantis are some of the best looking rims around in my opinion. A couple of great 5 spoke designs... Also zone wheels are nice, you also could look into the VIP style dish. Lots of great wheels .... here ya go>>> http://www.memoryfab.com/
Old 12-21-05, 09:13 AM
TYPEII
Racer

Looks like you already have spent tons of money to make your car stand out—be one of a kind. So, with that said I would personally go with some Rare wheels to go with it, some nice wheels from Japan would do; Auto Couture, JP, Works...Nothing chrome with nice lips...

Old 12-21-05, 09:37 AM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TYPEII
Looks like you already have spent tons of money to make your car stand out—be one of a kind. So, with that said I would personally go with some Rare wheels to go with it, some nice wheels from Japan would do; Auto Couture, JP, Works...Nothing chrome with nice lips...
I would have to agree. Those wheels just wouldnt do you show car justice...they seem to, I dunno, plain I guess...at least when I picture them on your car specifically.
Old 12-21-05, 10:11 AM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

I say... if you like them go for it....Not my choice but ..much better than your current style
Old 12-21-05, 10:16 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I voted that their nice and have a simple design but something about them still will out do your paint so something else is my vote. I guess it depends on your budget. I think Zone is doing some 1 pc staggered wheels , Donz has some really nice designs but no chrome tho. Its amazeing lexis11 has some 20 inch chrome staggered i-forged retro for sale for a long time for a great price, those would have looks sick..good luck.
Old 12-21-05, 10:16 AM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Automan
In my last post I asked for input on what I should do to my car next. Many of you expressed that you thought some new rims were needed. So I had D2 suggest a set that they thought would look nice on my car. But wanted to bring it to my CL brothers and sisters if we have any before making the big jump. What do you guys think?

I know that by now everyone probably knows what my car looks like but just to torture you.
I like them! I think they suit the style of the car very well!
Old 12-21-05, 10:20 AM
svt5150
Lexus Champion

No offense but with that piant scheme it takes a lot of thinking to get that perfect wheel to tie it all together. You want quality but I cant really see a iforged, hre, etc on your car. Asanti would be very nice and that is what I was thinking of also. Of the new D2 choices, I like the 20" chrome mesh they have now but mesh wouldnt flow too well on your ride I dont think.
Old 12-21-05, 10:45 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Automan, I think you forgot to share one bit of information with your CL bretheren, which is your PRICE LIMIT OF 3k wheels and tires including chrome!!!

All of the recommendations listed so far ring in at at least 4k - 5500 with tires.

I think you shoudl got with the mesh design, i like it alot better (cleaner)

Quick Reply: New shoes for Automan......