GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Installing chrome door handles?? please help

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-07, 09:27 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusondubs
gsoup do you think you could post up the pics ?? iam attempting this now and it would help out a great deal if i could see what i need to do !! oh and is there anybody in tampa clearwater area willing to help !!
Wow i'm sorry i didn't see this. I don't know what i did with the photos but If you need help at anytime just PM me and I'll send you my number. If anything I can walk you through it.

It's not that hard. The only thing that stands out of my memory right now is that you will need is a TORX screwdriver for the rear lock. I don't recall what size.

I remember it taking me an hour to hour and a half, because I had to do a store run to get the screwdriver.
Old 04-26-07, 01:00 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GSoup
Wow i'm sorry i didn't see this. I don't know what i did with the photos but If you need help at anytime just PM me and I'll send you my number. If anything I can walk you through it.

It's not that hard. The only thing that stands out of my memory right now is that you will need is a TORX screwdriver for the rear lock. I don't recall what size.

I remember it taking me an hour to hour and a half, because I had to do a store run to get the screwdriver.
lol your instructions was enuf i did it and it was very easy just needed somebody with little hands to help with the rear !!!!
Old 04-26-07, 03:59 PM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Chrome door handle Pic!

Originally Posted by wringo
Well I got chicken'd out and wouldn't attempt to do this mod myself,and reverted to a local mechanic who knows our cars inside and out and only charged me $160.00 to do the install! Both fronts were done in like 15 minutes but the rear took a little longer with total time taking maybe 1.5 hours with two mechanics working on each side! I'll post a pic of the finished product this evening! I love them and think they really compliment the car well!
Here is a pic after install!

Old 04-26-07, 06:21 PM
garbage85
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wringo man, im loving your car even more now! the chrome handles looks awesome on a silver gs. Whats next?
Old 04-26-07, 06:44 PM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Default What's next?

Originally Posted by garbage85
wringo man, im loving your car even more now! the chrome handles looks awesome on a silver gs. Whats next?
Thank's ,Garbage85! What is your name so I don't have to keep calling you your screen name? I'm Darrell!

I'm currently gathering ideas for my audio/trunk set up! I currently have the Eclipse AVN 6600 2DIN head unit and looking for ideas on trunk set ups? Any ideas? The exterior is just about complete for now with the excepton of maybe converting to the JP wing later!

When I saw the handles on RU-INAW's ride and seeing them on J Rok's and Manila_Boy's car that sold it for me! I love the look!
Old 04-26-07, 06:46 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

You know how I feel about the handles but I'm glad you got them and that you are happy with them...I do admit they don't stick out as much on light colors and they do in darker colors..
Old 04-26-07, 06:50 PM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Default Thank's Adrian!

Originally Posted by bluelex
You know how I feel about the handles but I'm glad you got them and that you are happy with them...I do admit they don't stick out as much on light colors and they do in darker colors..
I agree, but think they will look hot on your car and tie in that chrome theme you got going on! Everybody's busting out that new Summer look! Your up next!
Old 04-26-07, 06:57 PM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusondubs
lol your instructions was enuf i did it and it was very easy just needed somebody with little hands to help with the rear !!!!
Cool...I told you it wasn't that hard Yeah i don't have small hands so i know what your talking about. LOL
Old 04-26-07, 06:57 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

I agree, but think they will look hot on your car and tie in that chrome theme you got going on! Everybody's busting out that new Summer look! Your up next!
Naw, I never even got a chrome trunk bar so that should tell you I won't do the handles either.. Talk to you soon man.
Old 04-27-07, 07:04 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Default Converting to chrome!

Originally Posted by bluelex
Naw, I never even got a chrome trunk bar so that should tell you I won't do the handles either.. Talk to you soon man.
Maybe if I show you these pic's over and over they will persuade you to convert!

(Wringo's ride)

(Lexusondubs ride)

(Manila_Boy's ride)

Convert to chrome, convert to chrome, convert to chrome! The chrome gods are calling your name Adrian(Bluelex)! Lol!
Old 04-27-07, 08:07 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

I can't hear ya man.
Old 04-27-07, 11:29 AM
manila_boy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey... all of those (3) pix has MAYA DT-S on it
Old 04-27-07, 11:38 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Default The Maya Brothers!

Originally Posted by manila_boy
hey... all of those (3) pix has MAYA DT-S on it
Hey Manila Boy, I guess that makes us (Maya) brothers! You have nice taste!

I used your pic teasing Adrian a little, I hope you didn't mind! Lol!
Old 04-27-07, 11:47 AM
manila_boy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Manila Boy, I guess that makes us (Maya) brothers! You have nice taste!

I used your pic teasing Adrian a little, I hope you didn't mind! Lol!

not at all man, it's all good

man, u n lexusondubs are almost identical - real clean lookin' cars

after i'm done with the audio/vid set-up i'm considering about chroming my wheels... not that soon-but yeah def. on my list, truth is this set was my very first mod. in the car-evrything just followed with it ...and now my pockets are drained ($$$) hahahaha

rae
Old 04-28-07, 05:57 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Default Twins!

Originally Posted by manila_boy
not at all man, it's all good

man, u n lexusondubs are almost identical - real clean lookin' cars

after i'm done with the audio/vid set-up i'm considering about chroming my wheels... not that soon-but yeah def. on my list, truth is this set was my very first mod. in the car-evrything just followed with it ...and now my pockets are drained ($$$) hahahaha

rae
Yeah, Rae Shawn copied my car with everything except the color! J/K! I actually copied his style! That's my boy! Thank's!

I love your car and everything about it! Nice piece of artwork!

Quick Reply: Installing chrome door handles?? please help