GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Must Read: Mods On Gs

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-01, 09:30 AM
cklex

i got this idea from the thread earlier on "what's so unique about your gs"

what would you say is the best mod you did on your lexus?? something you would recomend everyone else getting?

and/or, what is one mod you regret doing?
Old 07-24-01, 11:02 AM
BBD
....BANNED! :-)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I should say my spoilers they look so nice, Erubunie front and side , RMM front grill and viel side rear bumper.

I regret that the spoilers are not for my driving style AT ALL they look nice yes, but I speed every where I dont pay attention to bumps so the under side of my front bumper and side skirts are scratched not noticble unless you see under the car or put your hands underthem.

So my advice would be choose a spoiler that would match your driving style, and not only for looks.
Old 07-24-01, 12:34 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

it's really hard for a mod to be satisfying for everyone. some prefer better acceleration performance, some prefers better look, some prefers handling. I would recommend nothing, because different parts are what makes every car unique

I would recommend people to get the Aristo side stripe but it's so rare.

So I say L-Tuned springs/shocks.
Old 07-24-01, 06:49 PM
BBD

GlobeCLK

would agree with you their, hmm about the Aristo it is SO popular here in the US market, I am orignaly from the UAE (United Arab Emirates) and we have Aristos their yes the car is great, but some people tend to over rate it in here in the United States they think its a totally different car or something, It looks the same outside and inside only with minor differences, and I would choose it instead of the GS300, because of its potential powerband.

Hmmm I still would love to have a GS4 with a manual Tranny might do it a project in 2 years time
Old 07-24-01, 09:47 PM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by GlobeCLK
it's really hard for a mod to be satisfying for everyone. some prefer better acceleration performance, some prefers better look, some prefers handling. I would recommend nothing, because different parts are what makes every car unique

I would recommend people to get the Aristo side stripe but it's so rare.

So I say L-Tuned springs/shocks.
Globe, what is your overall opinion of the Gracer front spoiler? I ordered it a month ago and it still isnt due to arrive until mid August.....I chose it over the TTE and the JDM because I think it looks alot better, but Im just curious if youve had any issues with it being too low, etc??....Thanks, Tiny
Old 07-25-01, 10:52 PM
Brian S
Lead Lap

Originally posted by BBD
GlobeCLK
I am orignaly from the UAE (United Arab Emirates) and we have Aristos their yes the car is great, but some people tend to over rate it in here in the United States ...
Hey BBD,

You're from UAE? Cool. I lived in Oman for three years. I like a Middle East a lot. It's funny you say that UAE had Aristos. In Oman, they had the Lexus GS300. No V-8 400 though, and it orginally turned me off to the car until I came here and found out about the GS400.

Brian
Old 07-26-01, 06:20 AM
BBD

Brian S

Aye the local dealers in Oman (Masqat) only bring the GS300 loaded better than the ones in the US I should say with Sensors and all. in UAE (Dubai) Lexus dealers also only bring the GS300.

But their is a new Market out for cars called the IMPORT car market its all located in one place they sell all cars (right Hand Drive) directly from japan, Aristos, Skylines, Evolutions, Subaru STI, and all the fun stuff, they are much cheaper than the dealer (no warrenty) and right hand drive all you have to do is buy it Convert it and regestrer is, it also saves you a about 1 or 2k on the final price of the car but no warrenty as i mentioned.

AM dieing on them Skylines man getting one as soon as I finish my studies here in Kentucky.

Old 07-26-01, 06:41 AM
xsuperjoex
Lexus Test Driver

My girl lived in UAE in Dubai for like 5 years...i've been in the Middle East alot...