GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

New Member: 2005 GS300 Mods

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-05, 10:02 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts
Default New Member: 2005 GS300 Mods

Hello Everyone,

Im new on this forum. Here are pix of the mods I have done so far. Hope you guys like em!

Some info about my car. I bought the last 2nd gen GS from Park Place Lexus in Plano, TX about two months ago. The VERY LAST 2nd Gen GS on their lot! Me buying the last car has some drawbacks...mainly that I couldn't pick what options I wanted. Other than that the car is kickin ***! The car came stock with Halogen headlights. I got to admit they lit up the road very well considering they were halogens. However, I wanted better so I did a BMW M5 Bi-Xenon HID retrofit and its holding up great so far. Numerous people have asked me why I didn't get the 3rd gen. Simply put, I got a bad *** deal on this car.

Now, on with the pics. Enjoy!

Engine bay.

The biggest and most time consuming mod of all. The HID system.

HID Parts

In process of retrofit.

One of the most beautiful pictures, with the exception of the hid's actually on my car

HID's in car close up. The more beautiful pic would be a shot of the whole car with the HID's on. Unfortunately I didn't have time to take that pic.

Heres the beam pattern. In case any of you guys are thinkin "oh that dumbass is going to blind everyone with his modded HID's".....heh. The beam cutoff is very sharp. I believe it is sharper than the OEM lights.

Hope you guys enjoy the pix. If you have any questions about how I did any of this please ask. I'm sure I will be getting quite a few questions about my HID setup. I believe another guy here has done a retrofit with Q45 Projectors on his GS. I was going to do that initially but those projectors were rare and the ones I found were expensive as all hell. All I gota say to you with the Q45 7lens projectors is....CLEAN!

BTW....L-Tuned Exhaust in a week!
Old 09-01-05, 10:05 PM
r00kie
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CONGRATS on your new car!

That HID retro looks awesome!!

edit to add: Welcome aboard!!
Old 09-01-05, 10:06 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Welcome Jeff! Cool work on the lights
Old 09-01-05, 10:08 PM
QuikLex
Pole Position

Very nice retro! There are lots of other CL members with retros done...yours is very clean!! Any exterior shots of the car? Need pics!! ...OH, and welcome to CL!!
Old 09-01-05, 10:09 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by r00kie
CONGRATS on your new car!

That HID retro looks awesome!!

edit to add: Welcome aboard!!
Thanks man!
You must be the guy with the Q45 projectors
Me <- t3h jealous....haha
I think someone here with a blue GS had the Q45 projectors also. Anyways I gota give you guys mad props.
Old 09-01-05, 10:18 PM
vicestan
Lead Lap

Your drivers side projector is way of, it needs to be leveled more, since thats ECE spec cut of you will be gettin alot of light into incoming drivers eyes, I had to lower mine since the LS projectors throw of alot of light. Plus if you look there is light leakage, the angel wings kinda looking light on top of the drivers side headlight, thats from not covering up the projectors all the way, maybe you should redo it and rebalance it at the same time.
Old 09-01-05, 10:21 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Heh, didn't realize I didn't post exterior pix. Its pretty much stock so I didn't think there was much of a point. Color is Crystal White. Stock rims. I'm sure you guys can use your imagination....heh.

These pix are from the first day I got the car. Went to do a car photoshoot with some friends that day. Only difference now on my car on the exterior is that the front license plate has been removed and the HID's retrofit.

On with the pix:

Side:

Front:

Back:
Old 09-01-05, 10:22 PM
r00kie
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jefftsai
Thanks man!
You must be the guy with the Q45 projectors
Me <- t3h jealous....haha
I think someone here with a blue GS had the Q45 projectors also. Anyways I gota give you guys mad props.
Thanks man, but I'm not as talented as you, I had mine sent off to be done by someone else.

Yup...the blue GS belongs to "bluelex". There's a few more members that has them as well.
Old 09-01-05, 10:28 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by vicestan
Your drivers side projector is way of, it needs to be leveled more, since thats ECE spec cut of you will be gettin alot of light into incoming drivers eyes, I had to lower mine since the LS projectors throw of alot of light. Plus if you look there is light leakage, the angel wings kinda looking light on top of the drivers side headlight, thats from not covering up the projectors all the way, maybe you should redo it and rebalance it at the same time.
These are actually DOT spec projectors. I guess its the angle I'm taking the pic. Camera is out the window tilted a bit. However the drivers side is off by about 5 degrees. That will be fixed the next time the headlights go in the oven. The light coming around the rings. I did it that way on purpose. Kind of give the projectors more depth when lookin at it standing outside the car. The light escaping from that is minimal and on a very high angle. Probably about 70-80degrees up in the air(maybe blind a helicopter? lol). My lights are also aimed slightly lower to keep the driver side that is slightly off angle from blinding people. I do take other drivers safety into consideration. So far nobody has given me the high beam. So I think im ok for now
Old 09-01-05, 10:42 PM
vicestan
Lead Lap

Those are e-55 bi-xenon projectors, they are ECE code notice your beam pattern going
___/------ to where DOT beam patten would look like ____I--------- straight up and not very far up.
Old 09-01-05, 11:02 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by vicestan
Those are e-55 bi-xenon projectors, they are ECE code notice your beam pattern going
___/------ to where DOT beam patten would look like ____I--------- straight up and not very far up.
It's a Hella projector out of a M5. It's shared with several other cars. E55 included. These are cars sold in the US. How could it be a ECE beam? ECE cutoff isnt legal here so I doubt they will sell a car here with that beam pattern. It is also stamped DOT on the projector.

ECE is.....just stays straight up like this.
____/

DOT is....it goes straight again.
____/-----------------

I'm pretty sure thats how it is...

Any other of you HID guys chime in?
Old 09-02-05, 03:49 AM
GS3T
Lead Lap

nice retro, welcome to the boards
Old 09-02-05, 05:48 AM
joshoowa
Lexus Champion

welcome to the club...
i too was consider the e55 projectors but the ones out of the x5...then i found some s2k's locally and viola s2k retro baby.

oh dont forgot to add your name to the crystal white GS owners list...
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-2nd-gen-1998-2005/93388-all-pearl-white-crystal-white-gs-owners-post-here.html

Last edited by joshoowa; 09-02-05 at 05:51 AM.
Old 09-02-05, 05:51 AM
DjFergi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the club. Very nice retro.
Old 09-02-05, 06:10 AM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welcome to CL...Im loving the retro fits....hopefully one day I'll be able to do something similar (I'll have to pay someone though to do them for me...Im not talented enough to do it myself). Lot's of great info and resources here, and great people too!!

Quick Reply: New Member: 2005 GS300 Mods