GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Delay in Remote Keyless Entry

Old 07-28-05, 06:56 PM
jroosh
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Delay in Remote Keyless Entry

In the last couple of days I have noticed a strange response from my remote keyless entry security system on my car. When you click to lock the doors and have been gone for a few minutes and then return and click to unlock, the car beeps as usual and then again a few seconds later as if you clicked once, waited, and then clicked again.

However, if you go back and forth between lock and unlock, without walking away for a few minutes in between, it works as expected.

Also, when you click to lock, the doors lock, then there is a delay, and then the beep. If the headlights are on, it takes a third click to shut them off versus the normal two.

I haven't checked to see if the battery is low in the remote, and that doesn't seem logical any way. Nor have I tried the other remote to see if that eliminates the issue.

Incidentally, I have the C-Best set so that when you click to unlock, all doors unlock together versus the factory setting which is first click opens driver's door, second unlocks the rest.

Has anyone ever experienced this and figured out what it was?
Old 08-02-05, 05:40 PM
jroosh
Driver

Default I figured it out

I am bringing the car in tomorrow to have the front passenger door lock actuator replaced. That door will only lock and unlock with the key. The power lock on that door stopped working hence the issue with the security system as it can't arm itself if the door won't lock.
Old 08-02-05, 06:51 PM
koolaidman
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jroosh
In the last couple of days I have noticed a strange response from my remote keyless entry security system on my car. When you click to lock the doors and have been gone for a few minutes and then return and click to unlock, the car beeps as usual and then again a few seconds later as if you clicked once, waited, and then clicked again.

However, if you go back and forth between lock and unlock, without walking away for a few minutes in between, it works as expected.

Also, when you click to lock, the doors lock, then there is a delay, and then the beep. If the headlights are on, it takes a third click to shut them off versus the normal two.

I haven't checked to see if the battery is low in the remote, and that doesn't seem logical any way. Nor have I tried the other remote to see if that eliminates the issue.

Incidentally, I have the C-Best set so that when you click to unlock, all doors unlock together versus the factory setting which is first click opens driver's door, second unlocks the rest.

Has anyone ever experienced this and figured out what it was?
its a remote battery
Old 08-03-05, 07:00 AM
jroosh
Driver

No it isn't. I tried the other remote. Read above for what it is. Thanks anyway.