GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

19 INCH AXIS MILANOS on my GS400

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-05, 11:48 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 19 INCH AXIS MILANOS on my GS400

guys, ive got a driveway from hell here in NY that i have to deal with pulling in and out of every single day, for work AND home, being careful just wouldnt make any difference, i tried with my old car when it was lowered and it makes no difference. my beater car (a honda civic hatch) is a little bit low but nothing extreme, and the exhaust already had to be patched twice because it gets holes scraped into it constantly rubbing against the driveway right as youre pulling out or back in..the angle to get in is just freaking retarded. and obviously to make it worse the driveway passes over a city sidewalk and we're not allowed to have it redone any point after the edge of the sidewalk or obviously into the road, exactly where the problem is... eh im rambling. i want a set of 19 inch axis milanos for my gs400 (theyve got a staggered set they sell as a package with tires i think theyre 19x8.5 in front and 19x9 or something in rear), but considering the fact that the rear bumper already scrapes every time i pull out of the driveway and its at STOCK ride height right now, i wont be able to lower it.... SOO to get to the point, anyone have pics of a 98+GS with these 19 inch milanos, with NO drop, or a wheel very similar on this car, again without lowering? i know it wont look awesome but i want to see how bad it will be. id go for some air cylinders so i could adjust the drop before i have to deal with getting in or out, but thats another few winning lotto tickets away from where im at right now... also, anyone know the correct offset to get so these wheels would look the best considering the varied width or does it make no difference.
Old 06-29-05, 12:40 PM
N2LEX2L
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

...this may not help you out any, or maybe it will, but my driveway is also at a crazy angle. My muffler, IS300, would drag everytime I backed out. I lowered the car one inch (eibach pro-kit) and had to start backing-out/pulling in at an angle. Ordered my 19 inch Lexions mounted them up and have had no issue with the exhaust dragging

stocked height = dragged
19's and 1 inch drop = no drag
19 and no drop would = 4x4
Old 06-29-05, 01:40 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by N2LEX2L
...this may not help you out any, or maybe it will, but my driveway is also at a crazy angle. My muffler, IS300, would drag everytime I backed out. I lowered the car one inch (eibach pro-kit) and had to start backing-out/pulling in at an angle. Ordered my 19 inch Lexions mounted them up and have had no issue with the exhaust dragging

stocked height = dragged

absolutely dont want the 4x4 look man. all my previous cars have been lowered properly on adjustable coilover suspension. it kills me not to have the lex lowered but also it is a lex and i care a little more about the body on this getting torn up then i did with any of my hondas. also just got a lot of touchup work done to it, fresh out the shop last week looking brand new again, so im obviously even more paranoid now lol. so youre tellin me 19s with an inch drop will actually bring the whole cars clearance up? what size tires were you running with that deal, anybody else have this same situation?
Old 06-29-05, 03:21 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by N2LEX2L

stocked height = dragged
Can I see some pics of those Lexions mounted up. I like their styles.
Old 06-29-05, 07:03 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

i got the Milano in 19s...staggered....but i got Ltuned suspension.

Pete
Old 06-29-05, 10:23 PM
GQD_GS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man i was just visiting NYC last week and i realized how much crappier your roads are compared to chicago!! stick to the 17" rims hehe anything bigger will be BENT!!
Old 06-30-05, 06:48 AM
runyun
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by reggiek
Can I see some pics of those Lexions mounted up. I like their styles.
^ what he said. Where did you order them from (sorry to hi-jack your thread upstateGS4)
Did you have to wait 90-120 days? - that's what I'm getting everytime I call a business
Old 06-30-05, 12:04 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by runyun
^ what he said. Where did you order them from (sorry to hi-jack your thread upstateGS4)
Did you have to wait 90-120 days? - that's what I'm getting everytime I call a business

hey i dont give a ***** talk about whatever you guys want in here i aint payin for the board lol. based on the fact that i dont wanna lower it right now, i think i might just try to score a set of those 17 inch aluminum 5 spokes that some of the is's and newer gs's come with...i know theres like 3 or 4 different styles. id like to get hooked up with a set of these (not in chrome tho) because theyll still look decent without trying to get too flashy:

anybody selling or know of somebody reputable? ebay hasnt been very helpful the past few weeks
Old 06-30-05, 01:04 PM
runyun
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by upstateGS4
hey i dont give a ***** talk about whatever you guys want in here i aint payin for the board lol.
Those are nice. If you want to go that "stock" look but more aggressive,
Volk came out with a new lineup. GT-AV

Looks just like the stock IS/GS wheels but you can get them in bigger sizes and with a lip
A little aggressive, but close to stock looking? You could always mess w/the offset to make the lip smaller... if that's what you want.

Old 06-30-05, 01:35 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by runyun
Those are nice. If you want to go that "stock" look but more aggressive,
Volk came out with a new lineup. GT-AV

Looks just like the stock IS/GS wheels but you can get them in bigger sizes and with a lip
A little aggressive, but close to stock looking? You could always mess w/the offset to make the lip smaller... if that's what you want.

hey i cant help but go off topic, is that whole f'ing 350Z red carbon fiber? lol, damn haha.
Old 06-30-05, 04:51 PM
N2LEX2L
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by upstateGS4
absolutely dont want the 4x4 look man. all my previous cars have been lowered properly on adjustable coilover suspension. it kills me not to have the lex lowered but also it is a lex and i care a little more about the body on this getting torn up then i did with any of my hondas. also just got a lot of touchup work done to it, fresh out the shop last week looking brand new again, so im obviously even more paranoid now lol. so youre tellin me 19s with an inch drop will actually bring the whole cars clearance up? what size tires were you running with that deal, anybody else have this same situation?

225/35/19 front and 245/35/19 rear wheels are 19x8 front and 19x9 rear...and ground clearance on my car increased just enoung fror my muffler not to drag, so yes the cleareance on my car went up after the 19's and a 1inch drop

pics for the guy that asked (not my car but what convinced me to get this wheel)

...didn't have to wait at all. Called up carrozzeriadesign and they were here in less than a week but the 203s are an older style so you may have to wait on the newer stuff.
Old 06-30-05, 05:15 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That is a nice looking wheel