GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

So, it boils down to this.........

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-05, 10:05 AM
e-diddy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool So, it boils down to this.........

So here is the deal. I want to lower my 98 GS3 and know that most of you guys think that I should go with the Tein CS. Unfortunately right know this is not an option as the funds are consumed on other things. Anyway, after looking at some pics. and doing some minor research, I think I’m leaning towards going with the Tenabe lowering springs with L-tuned shocks. Tenabe claims that the drop is 1.8” in the front and 1.3” in the rear. I am looking for an even drop all around. I have 20” wheels and 255/35/20 tires all around.

Another option I was considering was the Daizen springs with L-Tuned shocks. Daizen claims 1.9” in the front and 1.7” in the rear.

I will be getting this done in the next couple of month’s or so ( going to Vegas soon and need extra gambling $ ). Since I’m fairly new here in CL, please give me your advice as to which one of the above two would be the better option or if there is a better option I do not know about.

Thanks in advance to all in your reply.
Old 06-17-05, 10:15 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hopefully you'll win some big money on your Vegas trip and then you can spend the winnings on a set of Coilovers
Old 06-17-05, 11:08 AM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LEXUS_KID
Hopefully you'll win some big money on your Vegas trip and then you can spend the winnings on a set of Coilovers
seriously!

or, if you can save enough for shocks and springs in two or three months, just wait 4 or 5 months and have enough for coilovers!
Old 06-17-05, 11:45 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by e-diddy
So here is the deal. I want to lower my 98 GS3 and know that most of you guys think that I should go with the Tein CS. Unfortunately right know this is not an option as the funds are consumed on other things. Anyway, after looking at some pics. and doing some minor research, I think I’m leaning towards going with the Tenabe lowering springs with L-tuned shocks. Tenabe claims that the drop is 1.8” in the front and 1.3” in the rear. I am looking for an even drop all around. I have 20” wheels and 255/35/20 tires all around.

Another option I was considering was the Daizen springs with L-Tuned shocks. Daizen claims 1.9” in the front and 1.7” in the rear.

I will be getting this done in the next couple of month’s or so ( going to Vegas soon and need extra gambling $ ). Since I’m fairly new here in CL, please give me your advice as to which one of the above two would be the better option or if there is a better option I do not know about.

Thanks in advance to all in your reply.
hey bro welcome to cl

where in florida are you

if you dont already know we have a major meet skd for july 8,9,and 10

if you want hold tight on your purchase , bring the ride out to the meet and i will take you on a drive in my car with bilstein pss coils , there will many others there , some with teins cs some with ltuned s/s etc tec , so there you can get firsthand how each feels to you

i personally would recc the bilstein pss they lower the front approx 2inches (which for 20's is plenty) i have 19in and i have about 1 funger up front and the rears i have 1 funger as well and lower another 1/2 if i wanted to

the price you will pay for daizen springs (which are top notch) and new struts which will never be dynamically balanced or ltuned shock spring or tanabe s/s you could add about 200 or so more and get bilstein coilovers which you can set your own height not to mention they are matched mated to work in harmony

they are on the firm side of town but by no means beat up up esp since you are on florida roads.
Old 06-17-05, 12:05 PM
sockfocks
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

right now i have the tanabe nf210's on my fronts...gonna install the rears today...i like the drop so far and i'm on 18's...its 1.5 in front and 1.0 in rear. the ride?...i'm still debating on, i think i need to change the shocks for something compatible. yes i would like to have tein cs's...they are in my future..>HEHE...juss gotta save up some money...my 19's are gonna come first though..
Old 06-17-05, 12:09 PM
morris
Lexus Champion

I used the H&R sport springs on my GS before I got my flex's. The H&R springs are dirt cheap 240.00 at tirerack.com. They drop about 1.5 inches. I was very satisfied with them, unitll I got the coilovers that is.
Old 06-17-05, 01:11 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

ummm, do i still have the option to choose wait until youcan get coilover? that's just me, coilover or rather ride on stock

but if you are so inclined, i go with daizen
Old 06-17-05, 01:19 PM
morris
Lexus Champion

I would agree with Romni, if you are wiling to wait I think it would be worth it assuming you wont have to wait a year or something like that for the coilovers.

This way you wont have to pay twice for installation fees and you can put the cost of the springs toward the coilovers.

You can sometimes find used coilovers in the classisfieds for around 1k
Old 06-20-05, 07:06 PM
e-diddy
Lead Lap

Cool

What's up everyone,

First off, thank you all for your response.

Lexus Kid - That would be the ideal thing. Hopefully I will win more than a few dollars than needed for just coilovers. Hey it's o.k. to dream right. So i figure let's win enoughf for the new 06 GS. What the heck, as long as we're asking...................

SC400Texas - You're right. I guess I will wait a bit longer until I can get what really will do me justice. Better things come to those who wait. A few more months are not going to kill me. At the end I'm sure it will be worth it.

lexforlife - Thanks for the welcome. I'm in Miami. Yes, I will hopefully make it out to the meet. ( I have a previous engagement for that weekend, but believe me I'm trying to get the hell out of it ) Thanks for the invite on your ride. It would be great to get a feel of what the actual ride is like. I will defenitely wait out a bit longer and go with the coilovers. If I finally make it out to the meet, I will probably make my decision then as to what package I will go with once the time is right. By the way, where in Floride are you ?

sockfocks - I guess the coilovers are the better alternative since you also plan on doing this in the future. Post some pics when ever you can. Hopefully, you'll get your 19's and coilovers right after.

morris - My initial thought was to go with H&R but did not think the ride would lower to much. So after a little research, I came across Tenabe which I thought would give me a few more lowering inches. But again, it's looking like coilovers or nothing.

rominl - Thanks for your input. Yes, I have finally decided to ride stock until I can get the coilovers. By the way man, no one here seems to be able to touch you on the posts count. Very impresive. You're like a posting God.

By the way, what is the differance between the Tein CS and Flex and which is better ?
Old 06-20-05, 07:14 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,312 Likes on 1,410 Posts

How about getting a set in the classifieds here (either used or new)?

Here's a set of lowering springs in the classifieds for $150 + shipping new (guy won them at a meet and doesn't need them because he already has coilovers)
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=165791
Old 06-20-05, 07:23 PM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sc400texas
seriously!

or, if you can save enough for shocks and springs in two or three months, just wait 4 or 5 months and have enough for coilovers!
what he said! I remember not waiting with my last GS and doing the L-tuned package, which was fine to me for a while, but I ended up wanting coilovers and regretting not waiting to save up for them.
Old 06-20-05, 07:25 PM
e-diddy
Lead Lap

Cool

Thanks Davegs4. But I have given it some serious thought over the last couple of days and will go with the coilovers.

Thanks again and good lookin out................

I'm sure those springs will sell soon. Defenitely a great deal...................
Old 06-20-05, 07:27 PM
e-diddy
Lead Lap

Cool

yeah ebruce, that seems to be the deal with a lot of guys here. Coilovers are the way to go from what it seems. So many people can not be wrong.
Old 06-20-05, 07:43 PM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by e-diddy
yeah ebruce, that seems to be the deal with a lot of guys here. Coilovers are the way to go from what it seems. So many people can not be wrong.

heh heh, yea, I just remember kickin myself over and over again. Figured I'd save you the trouble.