GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

DIY: Roof Spoiler Progress (56K Warning)

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-05, 10:27 PM
LasVegasGS
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DIY: Roof Spoiler Progress (56K Warning)

I know some of you have been waiting for some progress pic's so here you are. I have been pretty slamed at work the last coupe of weeks but every chance I get I put my time into this trust me. This is the 3rd attement which seems to be working out so far the first 2 didnt work out very well ( Lets say they didnt work with the curve of the roof )

Still lots of work to go but the basic design is done just smoothing everything out now.

I have a few more projects that I've been pondering around with also. Let me know what you think about Angel eye's. I want Angel eye's in the headlight then also a pair in the Inner lights ( Both to be turned on with diffrent switchs). Im thinking about wireing them into the foglights then rewiring the foglighths to turn out without the headlights. Here are some RUFF RUFF pic's just to get an Idea. Let me know what you guys think about the 4 angel eye's up front.

( Yes they will go inside the light, this was just to get an Idea )

So.... Along with the Angel eye's I've been thinking about eye lids. Just playing around with some Idea's bring them to the table if you have an idea. This is what I've played around so far but I dont know If im feeling any of them.

Im thinking since Im doing eyelids why not copy off JP & make some rear lids also. I realy like the design of the JP ones but Im also open to more design idea's just post up here. This is what I'm talking about.

I think thats about it for now.
Old 05-17-05, 10:42 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

wow damn you are one real diy guy man, looking forward to the results

on the roof spoiler, just curious if it's a bit too "thick"?
Old 05-17-05, 10:43 PM
BlkGS3
Lexus Champion

I love what you did with the back tail lights, but im not digging the BMW halos other wise you are making great progress.
Old 05-17-05, 10:45 PM
LasVegasGS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rominl
wow damn you are one real diy guy man, looking forward to the results

on the roof spoiler, just curious if it's a bit too "thick"?
See this is why I post on here hehe. Yes I think it is to thick also, Does anyone know how thick the Ugo is?
Old 05-17-05, 10:50 PM
SOFIA
Pole Position

now this is COOOOOL! i cant wait to seee it
Old 05-17-05, 10:57 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by LasVegasGS
See this is why I post on here hehe. Yes I think it is to thick also, Does anyone know how thick the Ugo is?
there are some pics posted before about the ugo, can you find them?

too bad i don't have camera here otherwise i would have taken some for you
Old 05-17-05, 11:08 PM
LasVegasGS
Lead Lap

I have a buncha ugo pics. I just wanted to know the exact thickness of it. Thanks Rom

Also it seems like the L-tuned S/S keep droping littel by littel every day which is good intell I get the Tein CS

Ahhh Yes thanks to our new member that gave me an Idea to try these around my exhust tips I'll be trying to make a set of these to freshen up the rear end.

Last edited by LasVegasGS; 05-17-05 at 11:19 PM.
Old 05-18-05, 12:01 AM
GQD_GS4
Lexus Test Driver

make a second spoiler for me and i'll buy it if the price is right!!!
Old 05-18-05, 12:10 AM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey looks like you used my idea of using foam! ....looks awesome! I'm jealous you had the ***** to do it while I wussed out.

You my friend are on to big things! I can't really tell from the pic but is this a total original design or are you basing it off of a previous design? if its original we can market this as the LVGS Show Spoiler....
Old 05-18-05, 12:19 AM
ILOVEGIRLS
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

what wing is on the silver car?
Old 05-18-05, 12:56 AM
LasVegasGS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by UptownGS
hey looks like you used my idea of using foam! ....looks awesome! I'm jealous you had the ***** to do it while I wussed out.

You my friend are on to big things! I can't really tell from the pic but is this a total original design or are you basing it off of a previous design? if its original we can market this as the LVGS Show Spoiler....
I'm basing the design off a UGO Short & Wide. But I just design it from my head when its on the car. Im going to wrap the roof of my car in 3M blue painters tape & foil & more tape finsh the design & fiberglass right on the roof of my car due to foam bending issues.

I dont even wana think about selling it to members I wana do things as they come we wana pull atleast one fiberglass copy of it & see how everything goes. ( Keep in mind Im a total noob at fiberglass/mold making/ Anything to do with doing something my self on a car LoL.
Old 05-18-05, 01:03 AM
LasVegasGS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ILOVEGIRLS
what wing is on the silver car?
That would be a TTE Spoiler http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=597

The car belongs to a new member by the name of TTEGS3
Old 05-18-05, 01:04 AM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LasVegasGS
I'm basing the design off a UGO Short & Wide. But I just design it from my head when its on the car. Im going to wrap the roof of my car in 3M blue painters tape & foil & more tape finsh the design & fiberglass right on the roof of my car due to foam bending issues.

I dont even wana think about selling it to members I wana do things as they come we wana pull atleast one fiberglass copy of it & see how everything goes. ( Keep in mind Im a total noob at fiberglass/mold making/ Anything to do with doing something my self on a car LoL.
just make sure to wear gloves and purchase lots of sandpaper and a dremel! You'll do fine!!! it'll look HOT indeed!
Old 05-18-05, 01:10 AM
babyGS3
Lexus Champion

i always wanted to try that out.
Old 05-18-05, 01:10 AM
LasVegasGS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by UptownGS
just make sure to wear gloves and purchase lots of sandpaper and a dremel! You'll do fine!!! it'll look HOT indeed!
LoL everything was bought before I even started countless trips to the store for random stuff . We should have one or two of these spoilers ready for paint & maybe even painted by next week runing around vegas I'll keep you guys updated. I also wana finsh the eyelids & the Rear tailights brows I think they may look classy.

Quick Reply: DIY: Roof Spoiler Progress (56K Warning)