GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

more rattles!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-05, 06:27 AM
ICEBERGS
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default more rattles!!!!!

As everyone knows, our cars seem to be plaqued with all types of rattles, well this past week a new member has the the quartet of rattles in my GS..Does anyone else have any problems with the rear deck vibrating or rattling, especially with the music on...I do have a trunk setup, so Iam wondering is this the main contributing factor causing this..Does anyone know any remedies because this is about to drive me up the damn wall!!!
Old 02-25-05, 06:50 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,125 Likes on 1,296 Posts

I'd suspect it is the trunk setup... not only does it cause things to buzz, it also loosens things over time causing them to rattle. The entire top of my car flexes with my new setup when my installer puts in one of his test disks.

Time for some more dynamat or other sound deadener.... I've got no buzzing or rattling underneath it, pretty much everything has a layer on it including the seatbelt.

Old 02-25-05, 06:51 AM
nyczdave
Pole Position

my moon roof rattles...
i need to make that shop.. any ideas??
Old 02-25-05, 06:52 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally Posted by nyczdave
my moon roof rattles...
i need to make that shop.. any ideas??
Yep, look for a post Rominl made about two weeks ago on a fix that's worked for him in this forum
Old 02-25-05, 07:11 AM
nyczdave
Pole Position

i searched for it.. but there is like a million different forums come up..
i tried searching for Rominl, moonroof, rattle but nuthing comes up.

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Yep, look for a post Rominl made about two weeks ago on a fix that's worked for him in this forum
Old 02-25-05, 07:13 AM
ICEBERGS
Lead Lap

Thanks alot Dave. I will certainly look into that. Whats a balkpark figure of getting mine dynomat, just so i have somewhat of an idea fof what to expect...Evertime I see ur car it impresses me even more with the amount of time and detail u have put into it..THose pics show just how much of the extra mile u have gone!!! Awesome car bro..
Old 02-25-05, 07:13 AM
Celsior Master
Lexus Test Driver

i don't have that rattle but i do have a rattle in the dash area near my gauges. i think its coming from the area right under the left circle/gauge area
Old 02-25-05, 07:22 AM
undee
Driver

Originally Posted by CarlssonLS400
i don't have that rattle but i do have a rattle in the dash area near my gauges. i think its coming from the area right under the left circle/gauge area
Yeah, same thing with mine. I also have rattle around the driver side window panel. It's very annoying, anybody knows how fix that?
Old 02-25-05, 07:23 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally Posted by nyczdave
i searched for it.. but there is like a million different forums come up..
i tried searching for Rominl, moonroof, rattle but nuthing comes up.
Here you go. He posted as sunroof instead of moonroof. I just searched for keyword 'rattle' and member 'rominl' to find it.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ghlight=rattle
Old 02-25-05, 07:31 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally Posted by ICEBERGS
Thanks alot Dave. I will certainly look into that. Whats a balkpark figure of getting mine dynomat, just so i have somewhat of an idea fof what to expect...Evertime I see ur car it impresses me even more with the amount of time and detail u have put into it..THose pics show just how much of the extra mile u have gone!!! Awesome car bro..
Not sure on just that cost as mine was rolled all into the trunk install cost, sorry.

IMO Dynamat itself is VERY overpriced and markup on it is insane. There are lots of alternatives that you can buy over the web that are more cost effective, or look for the Dynamat kits on ebay or seriously discounted. Think some of the alternative stuff that I've seen recommended is called 'raammat' I think. Our sponsor elemental designs of the audio forum sells some brush on liquid stuff that I'm considering for my trunk... not sure how it would work on the back deck areas though.
Old 02-25-05, 09:00 AM
pat14lee
Pole Position

Originally Posted by undee
Yeah, same thing with mine. I also have rattle around the driver side window panel. It's very annoying, anybody knows how fix that?
I thought the same exact thing, but the cause was actually my driver's side visor. Try to "unhook" your visor when you hear the rattling and see if it stops.

I haven't had the visor replaced, but when I "unhook" it the rattling stops.

- Patrick
Old 02-25-05, 09:19 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

thanks dave for posting the fix, hopefully that helps

for the rear deck, i have the problem too, but only if i crank up the audio. i suspect if something is loose. the rear deck isn't really very solidly built imho, and it can't hold much sound vibration
Old 02-25-05, 09:33 AM
Blanco
Lexus Test Driver

Ditto here. Just started a couple of months ago. Was thinking about pulling gauges out and taking a look. If you steer with your right hand and press down somewhat firmly with your left on the dash over the tach the rattle goes away. I'm guessing that it can be accessed if the gauges are removed. Anyone have any experience with this issue? My whip is headed to the body shop next week, so I can't try it for a couple of weeks. If nothing surfaces by then maybe I'll sleuth it out and take pics and do another diy rattle fix.

Originally Posted by CarlssonLS400
Old 02-25-05, 09:50 AM
nyczdave
Pole Position

thxs alot ..

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Here you go. He posted as sunroof instead of moonroof. I just searched for keyword 'rattle' and member 'rominl' to find it.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ghlight=rattle
Old 02-27-05, 04:35 PM
jonathancl
Racer

Received 359 Likes on 249 Posts

You should warn people that your pictures contain evidence of paranormal activity.

Quick Reply: more rattles!!!!!