GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

L-tuned aero kit install write up>

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-05, 03:01 PM
ksu1998
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default L-tuned aero kit install write up> INFO ADDED 2-7-05

Would it help anybody out there if I did a install write up on the L-tuned areo kit. I do my own mods and take pictures of my steps and tools to use.

let me know it's an easy mod, but for those who are worried about what it takes I could write it up tonight.>

D

Last edited by ksu1998; 02-08-05 at 08:01 PM.
Old 02-07-05, 03:09 PM
R1derfull
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah hook that up. I'm thinkin about gettin a kit for my car.
Old 02-07-05, 03:51 PM
flossn
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ksu1998
Would it help anybody out there if I did a install write up on the L-tuned areo kit. I do my own mods and take pictures of my steps and tools to use.

let me know it's an easy mod, but for those who are worried about what it takes I could write it up tonight.>

D
Doing mine tongight as well. Have the grille on already actually. I Was going to do the mufflers first but after looking at it, I will need a torch or cutting wheel to get the old bolts off.
Old 02-07-05, 07:45 PM
LasVegasGS
Lead Lap

Ya Do it & can you take some pics of what the under side of L tuned Side Skirts look like. We should get a DIY section for the GS's on here I have a few I wana post my self.
Old 02-07-05, 07:52 PM
Alexus-Kia
Lexus Test Driver

YEAP do it please im a female and i am going to do my own install so all details and pics would help THANKS!!!
Old 02-07-05, 08:31 PM
flossn
Lead Lap

Put mine on tonight, went really smooth. There really isn't much too it. Tips from my install.

1. when taking the skirts off, I used a flatheard screwdriver to pop off the clips on the bottom of the skirt. About half broke but the new ones come with all new clips so it doesn't matter.

2. lay a towel on the ground so you don't scratch your new skirts. This time of year i have lots of sand on the ground, not fun to lay on and even worse for the paint.

3. when taking the panels off try and pull out towards you so the tabs and clips will snap out. there are clips on all corners so if you try and pull downward, you might break something.

4. I ran into the same problem a lot of people had. The front clips won't go in. Not a big deal but I would try putting the clips in from the outsides going in. Maybe that will help? dunno.

Well those are my thoughts, maybe that will help for the write up. It took me about a half hour going slow and careful on the first side and once I knew what I was doing the second side took about 15 min.
Old 02-07-05, 10:43 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i am sure pics will help a lot of members here to do the install!
Old 02-07-05, 10:44 PM
ksu1998
Advanced

flossn has a nice start for us. I will post pics of during install tips as well as the tools used to remove the clips. and what you are taking about is fixed by a little drimmel of the body kit to redude the width of the plasic the litle T-clip is trying to snap on you Pics will make this a DIY in less than 2 hours.>!

Alexus-Kia you will have no problem with this.

Yeah LasVegasGS thats what we are starting here, I will build this to sticky status or we can make a new section of DIY jobs.

looking for my camera link cable right now. give me 48 hour and i will have it done up.

D
Old 02-07-05, 11:12 PM
Lexy GS430
Lexus Test Driver

Got mine today from Darrell at lexus-parts.com.
Awesome deal that it comes with grill,and sideskirts for $351 shipped especially that it's prepainted.
Old 02-07-05, 11:44 PM
ksu1998
Advanced

Lexy GS430 do you like your HKS exhaust>? I think thats what i am going to try next. *wink* wanna sell>?>?

Hope to have the write up done on wendsday.

Yeah Darrell hooked me up big time, stay on the phone with him for a while and get a cc on file with him he will get you a smokin deal.

D
Old 02-08-05, 12:11 AM
Lexy GS430
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ksu1998
Lexy GS430 do you like your HKS exhaust>? I think thats what i am going to try next. *wink* wanna sell>?>?

Hope to have the write up done on wendsday.

Yeah Darrell hooked me up big time, stay on the phone with him for a while and get a cc on file with him he will get you a smokin deal.

D
It's awesome,and the sound that it produces from the V8 is just music to my ears.I just got it so I'm not ready to part with it right now sorry.I got a question for u ksu,did darrell send you instruction manaul with your aerokit?
Old 02-08-05, 07:52 AM
flossn
Lead Lap

Mine didn't come with instructions but once you look at them, there isn't much to it. Darrel is awesome! I ordered my aero kit and ecu from him and went back to order the mufflers a week later and since my aero kit hadn't shipped yet (they had to paint it) he hooked me up on the shipping! I didn't complain or anything, he just did it!
Old 02-08-05, 07:55 AM
NT2SHBBY
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Alexus-Kia
YEAP do it please im a female and i am going to do my own install so all details and pics would help THANKS!!!

gotta love a woman who knows how to turn a wrench
Old 02-08-05, 11:18 AM
Alexus-Kia
Lexus Test Driver

LOL .....no instructions for me either i paid $402 for a alpine silver kit shipped,
Good be have alot of CL members that did the install to guide us, it doesn't LQQK that hard!
Old 02-08-05, 12:30 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Alexus-Kia
LOL .....no instructions for me either i paid $402 for a alpine silver kit shipped,
Good be have alot of CL members that did the install to guide us, it doesn't LQQK that hard!
the hardest part is pulling off this molding 'cause you'll think it's gonna break. take note of the attachment points

Last edited by chuckb; 02-08-05 at 12:33 PM.

Quick Reply: L-tuned aero kit install write up>