GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

having window problems !!!! WTF !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-05, 02:03 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default having window problems !!!! WTF !!!!

I"am having problems with my window it sometimes gets "stuck" it either wont go up or won't go down I have to turn the car off then restart to get the window to roll up, so is it the window switch ?? whats going on ?? anybody have any ideas ??? thanks shawn
Old 01-30-05, 02:50 PM
blueGS400
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i had that problem with my first gen gs and it turned out to be the window regulator, i replaced it and worked fine for the rest of the time i had the car, your problem is either switch or regulator, one or the other for sure,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Old 01-30-05, 05:06 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i don't know what the device is called but it sounds like what he said . i've heard it happen to a fe and they needed to replace the motor..u have any warranty? that sucks dude..
Old 01-30-05, 06:35 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Originally Posted by blueGS400
i had that problem with my first gen gs and it turned out to be the window regulator, i replaced it and worked fine for the rest of the time i had the car, your problem is either switch or regulator, one or the other for sure,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
do you have nay idea on how much they are ?? and did you install it ??? adrain nope no warranty
Old 01-30-05, 06:48 PM
Alexus-Kia
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

goodluck! Smm
Old 01-30-05, 07:48 PM
Indio
Lexus Test Driver

Hey Shawn, it doesn't sound like a regulator but just in case stop using the window because if the regulator breaks or the motor quits the glass stays where it is, be it up or down.
Old 01-30-05, 08:32 PM
blueGS400
Lead Lap

the regulator was about 125 if i remember correct, yeah i changed it myself, on my 1st gen i had i simply took off the door panel, next removed protective plastic lining all the way around the door, and then had to change out the part , on a scale of 10 id say it was a 4 only because was the first time i ever did one, i later did one on a friends car with ease, if u are fairly mechanically inclined then u can figure it out, fairly basic..................do u have a friend with gs so u can test with there switch before u buy regulator????
Old 01-30-05, 08:41 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Originally Posted by Indio
Hey Shawn, it doesn't sound like a regulator but just in case stop using the window because if the regulator breaks or the motor quits the glass stays where it is, be it up or down.
thanks man for the advice where have you been are you still living out of state ?? it would be awesome if you were coming to the old town meet so you can see the progress on my car .
Old 01-30-05, 08:43 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Originally Posted by blueGS400
the regulator was about 125 if i remember correct, yeah i changed it myself, on my 1st gen i had i simply took off the door panel, next removed protective plastic lining all the way around the door, and then had to change out the part , on a scale of 10 id say it was a 4 only because was the first time i ever did one, i later did one on a friends car with ease, if u are fairly mechanically inclined then u can figure it out, fairly basic..................do u have a friend with gs so u can test with there switch before u buy regulator????
thanks so it was the regulator and not the switch iam going to go to lexus to get prices
Old 01-30-05, 08:44 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Originally Posted by Alexus-Kia
goodluck! Smm
thanks babe !!
Old 08-24-05, 10:56 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Well....i experienced this exact problem last night on my front driver side window. I was like.....WTF!!!!

Here's what happened....i was reversing into my garage....my window is normally down cuz the pooch likes looking for other pooches walking in the neighborhood .....i hit the up button...and it only went up 1/2 way....i hit the all the way down button....and it only went down an inch...then stopped.....i hit the all the way down again....still only another inch down....stopped again.....this went on until it was all the way down (mind u the up didnt work at all now....so i could only go down). I tested the other windows and they were fine.

I decided to turn off the car.....got out...took the pooch in the house...then got back to the car....turned the ignition to where all the console and radio lights up....just short of starting the ignition....still not working.... Turned it off again....and did it again....still nothing I eventually started up the car...and it works like normal .

Anyone else got this problem? I got a 2001 GS300.

Pete
Old 08-24-05, 11:09 AM
vaki2
Pole Position

LOL,

well seems that this is contagious. Sunday I did my oil change took the car out for a spin. Came back hit the up window passenger side. It went all the way up, then came down back 1/2 way. Pulled up mode again and did the same thing. I had to hold the button up for the window to go up and stay up. Will take it to the dealer next week, have extended warranty. They love me there

vaki2
Old 08-24-05, 11:47 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have a window problem on my gs400 as well...occasionally ill go to put the window up on the driver side and itll get all the way to the top and then go back down half way by itself. its part of the autoprotect to make sure you dont close your face in the window while your hanging out of it i suppose...but it is doing it when theres nothing in the way at all...also checked and cleaned the top track, theres definitely nothing in there that would cause this, and its somewhat intermittent...doh
Old 08-24-05, 03:53 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

well an update on my window problem it hasnt stopped working in a while but on the drivers side 1 of the switches just freakin broke !! its just lying there the window still works but now i have to get a new window switch for that side
Old 10-27-09, 06:01 PM
AZDesertGS
Lexus Test Driver

I know it's an old post but.......

I'm experiencing the same issue....window goes all the way down and won't come up. I hear some minor clicking like it want's to work, but won't. I literally have to press down and up 50-100 times before if catches that magic time. The auto up/down is very touchy if that means anything.

I've read a handful of posts and some clean or spray something ..... some replace the regulator....... some the switch. Any input???

Quick Reply: having window problems !!!! WTF !!!!