GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

having window problems !!!! WTF !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-09, 09:10 AM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

you can take your switch and swap it with your other door to see if it works. That's how I'd do the process of elimination.
Old 10-28-09, 11:32 AM
azsc4001
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same exact problem on the same window. I think its the master switch which is pretty pricey.
Old 10-28-09, 11:36 AM
GSRSRT
Lead Lap

my windows makes alot fo noise going up and down i think its the motor can anyone help they also go really slow
Old 10-29-09, 08:04 AM
AZDesertGS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by speedaddic
you can take your switch and swap it with your other door to see if it works. That's how I'd do the process of elimination.

So when i get in there.....is there 4 separate switches???? I was thinking about doing that but didn't know what it looks like with the door panel off. I could care less about controlling the other 3 windows....but it HAD to be my drivers one....lol
Old 10-29-09, 08:35 AM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

oh...didn't know it was the drivers side. Does the passenger switches work? is it all windows or just the drivers window?
Old 10-29-09, 08:57 AM
JoelGs
Lexus Test Driver

Sound like it definitely a motor..I had recently replace my passenger front door..months I had issue where my window goes down instead of up. So everytime I've tried to close it, it wents down instead..first I thought it was window switches..So, had my Mercedes Benz technicians did a thorough diagnosed and found out that it was the motor that causes to malfunction...
Old 10-29-09, 10:46 AM
AZDesertGS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by speedaddic
oh...didn't know it was the drivers side. Does the passenger switches work? is it all windows or just the drivers window?
Yeah the passenger window works perfect.......It's just the drivers window.
Old 11-09-09, 06:02 AM
Azn2nr27
Driver School Candidate

How much does the master switch go for?
Old 11-15-09, 04:43 PM
zarukiana
Driver

Recently I'm experiencing the same issue, my passenger side window goes all the way down and won't come up. Previously when it was 1/2 way down and I want to close it everytime I press switch to close it window automativally goes down. so resently I had to press down all the way and then press up, but it's been a 4 days I literally have to press down and up 50-100 times before if catches that magic time. I have tried it from master switch and from passenger switch it steel same. I can hear some noices when I press up it seems like it wants to go up but the result is....... My other 3 eindows are working fine only my driver side window might do the up and down once in a month.

I've read a all of the posts but couldn't find what will be the solution for this kind of problem, Any input please let me know cuz I want to fix it asap before it starts raining in CA. Thx
Old 11-15-09, 09:04 PM
aristo2369
Lead Lap

Default windows

man you guys are lucky with the easy fix....
i have a problem where the windows dont work from inside the car.... yes yes yes yes i checked the driver window lock and its not that.... so no windows work from inside the car but all will roll up with the key and remote.... so its something inside the car but have no clue to the issue... does the gs have comfort control module or something....
Old 11-16-09, 03:00 PM
zarukiana
Driver

well I haven't fix my window yet and don't have any clue what will be the problem I hope it is a easy fix.

As far as for your car aristo2369 don't know what to recemend hope yours is a easy fix to. have u tried to change master switch? or did u ever took to mechanic to see what will be the problem?
Old 05-01-11, 07:53 PM
GSing430
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by PHML
Well....i experienced this exact problem last night on my front driver side window. I was like.....WTF!!!!

Here's what happened....i was reversing into my garage....my window is normally down cuz the pooch likes looking for other pooches walking in the neighborhood .....i hit the up button...and it only went up 1/2 way....i hit the all the way down button....and it only went down an inch...then stopped.....i hit the all the way down again....still only another inch down....stopped again.....this went on until it was all the way down (mind u the up didnt work at all now....so i could only go down). I tested the other windows and they were fine.

I decided to turn off the car.....got out...took the pooch in the house...then got back to the car....turned the ignition to where all the console and radio lights up....just short of starting the ignition....still not working.... Turned it off again....and did it again....still nothing I eventually started up the car...and it works like normal .

Anyone else got this problem? I got a 2001 GS300.

Pete
Originally Posted by AZDesertGS
I know it's an old post but.......

I'm experiencing the same issue....window goes all the way down and won't come up. I hear some minor clicking like it want's to work, but won't. I literally have to press down and up 50-100 times before if catches that magic time. The auto up/down is very touchy if that means anything.

I've read a handful of posts and some clean or spray something ..... some replace the regulator....... some the switch. Any input???
Originally Posted by JoelGs
Sound like it definitely a motor..I had recently replace my passenger front door..months I had issue where my window goes down instead of up. So everytime I've tried to close it, it wents down instead..first I thought it was window switches..So, had my Mercedes Benz technicians did a thorough diagnosed and found out that it was the motor that causes to malfunction...
Originally Posted by zarukiana
Recently I'm experiencing the same issue, my passenger side window goes all the way down and won't come up. Previously when it was 1/2 way down and I want to close it everytime I press switch to close it window automativally goes down. so resently I had to press down all the way and then press up, but it's been a 4 days I literally have to press down and up 50-100 times before if catches that magic time. I have tried it from master switch and from passenger switch it steel same. I can hear some noices when I press up it seems like it wants to go up but the result is....... My other 3 eindows are working fine only my driver side window might do the up and down once in a month.

I've read a all of the posts but couldn't find what will be the solution for this kind of problem, Any input please let me know cuz I want to fix it asap before it starts raining in CA. Thx

I know this is super old but I need to pin point exactly what the solution for you guys was without spending more than i need.

Initial, every few months, my Drive front side window would act up. If the window is in the halfway position, it would not roll up. I would have to roll it all the way down before i could roll it back up.

Now, it would only roll down and will not roll up until maybe 30-40mins later( and only sometimes)

I can still hear the "click" when pressing the switch on the window/door ecu. and when i connect the motor back up, i still hear th click from the motor (i presume).

What's the solution? Regulator, Motor, or Master Switch?

Thanks.
Old 05-01-11, 08:18 PM
GSing430
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

So, I tried one more thing, I used the key to roll down my windows, it will roll down. I stop and turn the key the opposite direction to roll up the windows, the driver sides continues to roll down. I stop, and the it stops moving. but every time i roll the windows up and down, all other windows will work but the drivers continues to roll down. ......
Old 05-01-11, 10:48 PM
dejavu157
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

woah, brought back to life years later!
Old 06-04-11, 08:58 PM
mpsarmi
Driver

I just had a similiar issue here. For a bit I'll roll the driver's side window up and it'll go down. Roll the window down then up and it'll go up. Now, I roll the window down and it won't go up. I do here the little click when trying to auto roll with the switch but no luck. I also tried with the key and all the windows go up or down except the driver's side. Thoughts anyone???

Quick Reply: having window problems !!!! WTF !!!!