GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Who else has stored their GS for the winter?

Old 12-23-04, 04:58 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 196 Likes on 109 Posts
Default Who else has stored their GS for the winter?

So who else on here has stored their GS for the winter and is already suffering from "GS Deprivation syndrome"?

The syndrome manifests itself by frequent trips to the cold garage, eyeing the beloved GS, touching it, sitting inside and closing ones eyes and pretending to drive it. It also accompanied by other members of the family shouting for you because they don't know where you are. Other symptoms are a feeling of driving a car that does nothing for you - not connected to the road drive feel, floaty suspension and a transmission that always wants to stay in 5th gear. The 97 Maxima SE.

It is not a good feeling and the GS is also feeling neglected. It needs to be out on the roads more, but is stuck in the garage all by itself except when its salt and dirt encrusted sister - Maxima SE is lying beside it at night. They don't touch each other though. The GS looks across at the Maxima and almost says to it - "you lucky bastard - at least you get to go out and get some exercise. Although I can't stand all that salt, dirt and muck on you. Shame on you! Go take a bath! "

The Maxima looks across at the GS disdainfully and says - "you lucky bastard - at least you get to stay here and not get your paint ruined with all this salt and dirt and those kids that make a mess in the rear seat. Why can't they keep their feet on the mats??? They always have to put their dirty snow shoes on the backs of my front seats............

A little over three more months to go and then this sickness will get cured.............
Old 12-23-04, 05:17 AM
morris
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its times like this that I think to myself you lucky so and so isn't it great that You dont live in NYC anymore? you can mod and drive Your Gs all Year round well except For the 1/2 a day that you get a glaze of Ice in GA. heck hUnting is overrated anyway.
Old 12-23-04, 05:24 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally Posted by morris
Its times like this that I think to myself you lucky so and so isn't it great that You dont live in NYC anymore? you can mod and drive Your Gs all Year round well except For the 1/2 a day that you get a glaze of Ice in GA. heck hUnting is overrated anyway.
Yeah, I wish I could move somewhere warmer. I hate not being able to drive my car all year round.

I would love to move to Arizona or North Florida or some other place like that.
Old 12-23-04, 05:27 AM
NT2SHBBY
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no storage here....16" Conti Winter Contacts will own all in the snow
Old 12-23-04, 05:35 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally Posted by NT2SHBBY
no storage here....16" Conti Winter Contacts will own all in the snow
Three main reasons why I don't subject my car to the harsh winters:
1. My car is too low (the TTE lip spoiler is 4 inches above the ground), which means I would have to raise it. Otherwise can you say "snow shovel"? I don't have access to a garage and don't want to spend the money at a shop raising the car, realigning it and then come summer, lowering it and realigning it again.

2. I don't want to spend money buying a spare set of rims and winter tires. I would rather not drive the car for 4 months and put that money towards other possible mods like the audio system for instance.

3. The thought of all that salt finding its way into all the nooks and crannies of the car is too painfull to contemplate. Am I emotionally attached to my car (an inanimate object)? I think so.....
Old 12-23-04, 05:42 AM
NT2SHBBY
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Hameed
Three main reasons why I don't subject my car to the harsh winters:
1. My car is too low (the TTE lip spoiler is 4 inches above the ground), which means I would have to raise it. Otherwise can you say "snow shovel"? I don't have access to a garage and don't want to spend the money at a shop raising the car, realigning it and then come summer, lowering it and realigning it again.

I had that same problem with my previous 03 maxima, that was kitted on JICs......I was freakin all summer sayin how am I gonna drive this come winter? Will I be forced to plow the mean streets of NYC with my lovely Stillen kit??

and thats EXACTLY why my GS has no kit....

I'll tell you this much......rippin thru an ice storm at 100mph on snow tires ownz!!! the stares and awe that I get on the highway as well as the traction is amazing
Old 12-23-04, 05:52 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

I had that same problem with my previous 03 maxima, that was kitted on JICs......I was freakin all summer sayin how am I gonna drive this come winter? Will I be forced to plow the mean streets of NYC with my lovely Stillen kit??

and thats EXACTLY why my GS has no kit....
Well, things like kits are personal preferences. Plus the salt damage to the car over time is not something I want to happen to my GS. I plan on keeping it for ever. Yes that may sound weird, but maybe that's just me!
I'll tell you this much......rippin thru an ice storm at 100mph on snow tires ownz!!! the stares and awe that I get on the highway as well as the traction is amazing
Yeah, snow tires are amazing!
Old 12-23-04, 06:33 AM
alredxiii
Lexus Champion

No snow in Texas

Woo Hoo! Year round Summer Tires

Last edited by alredxiii; 12-23-04 at 06:33 AM.
Old 12-23-04, 07:02 AM
NT2SHBBY
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by alredxiii
No snow in Texas

Woo Hoo! Year round Summer Tires

you guys might not have snow.......but at least we in NY don't have to deal with crazy redneck cowboys tryin to shoot at us if we look at their cousins funny.......

instead we have crazy drug dealers doing that
Old 12-23-04, 07:46 AM
BigMoNYC
Lexus Test Driver

you guys might not have snow.......but at least we in NY don't have to deal with crazy redneck cowboys tryin to shoot at us if we look at their cousins funny.......

instead we have crazy drug dealers doing that

aint that the truth!!!
Old 12-23-04, 07:54 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

I am in the same boat as you Hameed, I just cannot subject my car to the harsh elements. The thought of polishing my wheels after they have been covered in salt and grime and then baked in with heat, makes me cringe!!!

With the coilovers and all, I would not to let any winter grit get on those threads/perches as well.

My road warrior is the illustrious 03 Ford Taurus! I must admit, this thing is a billy goat in the snow, NOTHING stops it!
Old 12-23-04, 08:25 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
I am in the same boat as you Hameed, I just cannot subject my car to the harsh elements. The thought of polishing my wheels after they have been covered in salt and grime and then baked in with heat, makes me cringe!!!

With the coilovers and all, I would not to let any winter grit get on those threads/perches as well.

My road warrior is the illustrious 03 Ford Taurus! I must admit, this thing is a billy goat in the snow, NOTHING stops it!
Thanks for bringing the thread back on topic D!

So whom else besides Derrick and I stores their GS for the winter?
Old 12-23-04, 09:04 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

man, i don't wanna rub it in, but i know how you feel about it, hameed. personally i can never imagine myself not being able to drive the car coz' there's snow outside and my car in the garage. if i am on vacation or so, that's why, but gosh....

alright, i am off driving now (hehe)
Old 12-23-04, 09:06 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

I tell ya, I am soo envious of your SouthEast and Western guys. I cannot imagine the mod season lasting 10-11 months!!!

In the NE you pretty much mod your car for about April-May because you only have about 5 good months after that to enjoy it.

I would love to be able to take some nice "GS on Xmas" pics!
Old 12-23-04, 09:23 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
I tell ya, I am soo envious of your SouthEast and Western guys. I cannot imagine the mod season lasting 10-11 months!!!

In the NE you pretty much mod your car for about April-May because you only have about 5 good months after that to enjoy it.

I would love to be able to take some nice "GS on Xmas" pics!
well in that regards though, i don't think we have as "white christmas" feeling as those of you over there!

i still remember one pic by davegs4, all snow outside, gs in the garage, LS on the drive way. that's nice!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Who else has stored their GS for the winter?