GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

OK, spill the beans! (what are your winter mod plans?)

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-04, 10:13 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts
Wink OK, spill the beans! (what are your winter mod plans?)

IMO we've had way too many people around doing super secret mods... sneaking around dropping little hints about this and that that take months to be seen. I can't say I'm not guilt-free in sneaking around doing mods myself .

However, I'm starting a new movement that sheds a little more light on what I'm planning to do to my GS over the winter. I welcome advice from others on my mods and plan to document the process of putting them in.

My mod list is pretty simple so far:

1) New Sportdesign Titanium headlights. My rationale for these was pretty stupid... the passenger side Polarg M6 blew so of course I needed all new headlights. Actually, with the supercharger installed I can't get to the back of my passenger lights any longer, so the front bumper is going to have to be pulled to get the bulb changed. My old lights are pretty scarred up and I have a small broken piece of blue glass (from a failed bulb rescue attempt using chewing gum and a coat hanger) floating around in one of them. I'm getting the SD lights covered with Xpel before they go on the car.

I still need to figure out what inner bulbs I want to use on these. I really would like some LEDs that are less likely to burn out than the Polarg M6's were. Needs to match the OEM HID color and be reasonably bright... any ideas?

2) JPI Performance Alternator. Got it in the group buy he has going on here.

3) Not really new, but I'm getting my Eclipse headunit replaced. It kept making some annoying interference noises and the installers and I both suspected the headunit as the source. It was shipped back last week. More tuning of the system after I get it back.

4) Black Chrome Trunk bar (no pics of the item yet). Decided to do a little more dress up on the trunk, in black chrome to match the badging. If you don't know what piece I'm talking about, look at the red circle on my trunk... that's it.

I think that'll tide me over until spring Sportdesign lights and trunk bar are from Steve Ganz at Carson Toyota / www.l-tunedparts.com, alternator is from JPI and head unit is from Tweeter (but they no longer carry them).

I'd also like to hear about what you are planning to do to your GS over the winter beyond sticking on the winter tire and wheel package. Fess up!

Last edited by DaveGS4; 11-17-04 at 01:22 PM.
Old 11-16-04, 10:30 AM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

must be nice...
Old 11-16-04, 10:32 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 213 Likes on 117 Posts

Congrats on those mods you are doing Dave! I cannot give you any insights on what LEDs to buy as I have not replaced mine and couldn't care less about replacing them. That's just me.

I have absolutely no plans on any mods for a while. The bigger mod (read "house") is all I can focus on now.

If some spare cash comes along (read that as in - business suddenly getting very busy),
- I would love to do the exterior mirror mod to accomodate the MB S-class LED turn signals.
- Upgrade my muffler to the Carson Tuned full cat-back system
- install the sound insulation I bought in the summer for my planned audio upgrade (no idea when that will ever happen though).
- LuxLink remote starter and sense-o-shock mods

The list goes on ....................................... (but no $$$ to support it).

Last edited by Hameed; 11-16-04 at 10:34 AM.
Old 11-16-04, 10:39 AM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Ok, what the hell.....here goes......

For starters, my "winter" project is the same as this years "spring, summer, and fall" project.......let's just hope it makes it through the process by the end of winter.

SRT twin turbo set up, all new set up for them.....includes way too much to list out, but here's a few of the basics.
forged pistons and rods, ported head, valve train, precision turbo GT turbos, Haltech, race tranny build, etc, etc, etc, etc.......Im hoping this will put a new standard out there for GS4 HP output...with the GS4 V8(I know there are some transplants of the Supra TT engines out there).

the new set up should be way more visually appealing than the old set up!

Veilside Executive side skirts and rear bumper with Wise Sport front bumper....intercooler fills up every square inch of the opening in the bumper!!

HRE's.......20x9 front with 255's, and 20x11 rears with 305's....I will leave the style out there as a teaser for now.....oh, and of course they will have my signature fully polished inner and outer barrels.

Im sure there are some other small things, but I cant remember them off the top of my head.......but you ge the idea of what I have going on.....
Old 11-16-04, 10:42 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally posted by TTurboPimp
SRT twin turbo set up, all new set up for them.....includes way too much to list out, but here's a few of the basics.
forged pistons and rods, ported head, valve train, precision turbo GT turbos, Haltech, race tranny build, etc, etc, etc, etc.......Im hoping this will put a new standard out there for GS4 HP output...with the GS4 V8(I know there are some transplants of the Supra TT engines out there).

Veilside Executive side skirts and rear bumper with Wise Sport front bumper....intercooler fills up every square inch of the opening in the bumper!!

HRE's.......20x9 front with 255's, and 20x11 rears with 305's....I will leave the style out there as a teaser for now.....oh, and of course they will have my signature fully polished inner and outer barrels.
We can't wait any longer to see this monster you are creating TTurboPimp!!!!

What are the projected HP numbers? Over 500 RWHP? Mariusz GS was putting out about that much and I am sure your goal is to do better.

What are you doing for a BBK?

Last edited by Hameed; 11-16-04 at 10:44 AM.
Old 11-16-04, 10:46 AM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

More than what has been seen out of any of the others.....hopefully by far!!!

Im not sure on the brakes yet, probably the Stoptech's again.....I get pretty good deals on them, and they performed great for me in the past. I really like the look of the Brembo set up, just not sure that I can justify the extra cost of them.
Old 11-16-04, 10:51 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

More than what has been seen out of any of the others.....hopefully by far!!!
I guess we are talking something close to 800 RWHP?
Old 11-16-04, 11:01 AM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Not quite that much......when you get into those numbers you are talking about a car that will not retain the Lexus quality that I still want to have. At the end of the day, it still needs to be a Lexus that I can take my wife out to Rith Chris in without waking everyone up. Im hoping to be int he 600 range....we'll see though.
Old 11-16-04, 11:12 AM
svt5150
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Kind of hard to follow TTurboPimp but here goes:

1. LTuned Side Skirts
2. LTuned Grill
3. Tein CS coilovers
4. Tein EDFC
5. Luxury Motorsports Remote Start & Shock Sensor
6. 04 Tails
7. AbFlug CF front lip...

Thats it for now.
Old 11-16-04, 11:14 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Winter? What's that? LOL!!!

My projects are year round....nuttn special to share.

As for suggestions on the wedge bulb....I'd go wide angle LEDs or SMD LEDs cuz the new titanium housing won't reflect as much as your old fully chrome housings....so to get a good output and the angle the wedge bulb sits....the light needs to reflect off whatever chrome part you have left.

Pete

Last edited by PHML; 11-16-04 at 11:17 AM.
Old 11-16-04, 11:24 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Ok, what the hell.....here goes......

For starters, my "winter" project is the same as this years "spring, summer, and fall" project.......let's just hope it makes it through the process by the end of winter.

Im sure there are some other small things, but I cant remember them off the top of my head.......but you ge the idea of what I have going on.....
THATS what I'm talking about Can't wait to see what the new beast will put out and how it will all come together Massive rubber in back there Jeff too!
Old 11-16-04, 11:25 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by svt5150
Kind of hard to follow TTurboPimp but here goes:

1. LTuned Side Skirts
2. LTuned Grill
3. Tein CS coilovers
4. Tein EDFC
5. Luxury Motorsports Remote Start & Shock Sensor
6. 04 Tails
7. AbFlug CF front lip...

Thats it for now.
Pretty nice list for you too Can't wait to see how the CF lip looks on the spectra blue, think it will be very sharp.
Old 11-16-04, 11:45 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

for me getting a f150 crew cab with blower to run around with then i can park the gs and hopefully finally get the s/c for the gs and convert to stop techs all around

dave on a side note , where are you getting the black chrome trunk bar
Old 11-16-04, 12:19 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Can't wait, TTurboPimp. Trying to live up to your screen name can be expensive.

As for me, it depends on how much cash I can get together in the next month or so. Winter might become spring/summer projects though. I'll be back.

I already have my Eclipse Nav for about 3 months now so hopefully, I can find time to put it in. I also need to get going on my headlights.
Old 11-16-04, 12:22 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Trying to live up to your screen name can be expensive
It was either change my screen name, or change my car....the choice was clear!!!!

Quick Reply: OK, spill the beans! (what are your winter mod plans?)