GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Guy takes paint off my bumper and takes off!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-04, 06:50 AM
noop
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry The Curse Has Begun!

I've only had the car for 10 days and ...

It all started lastnight, I had my car parked outside my business, anyways some customers walked in and asked me what happened outside, I went out there and I see an ambulance and around 5 police cars,
a guy was driving and lost conciousness and slammed into 3 parked cars, all 3 which were parked in front of my car, well this is a major street so sure enough there was traffic like crazy out there after the accident, this is the bad part the guy missed my car, but an idiot who decides to be nosey parks behind my car, gets out to see whats going on, he gets back into his car, and as hes leaving he hits my car from behind and takes off , luckily there are no dents, but he did manage to scrape the paint off my bumper which is about the size of 2 half dollar coins, i didnt even get a chance to run up and get his plate # thats how fast he made a U-turn and took off, i am just really pissed at the moment

I will post pictures later
Old 11-05-04, 07:35 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

oh man u miss one accident and get hit by a fool who was nosey trying to find out what happen...i feel for u man..
Old 11-05-04, 07:45 AM
NT2SHBBY
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

join the club....my car was a month old b4 some assclown hit me in the parking lot and bounced b4 I came out..
Old 11-05-04, 12:47 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was parked next to a cop when some jacka$$ decided to pull a hit on run on my rear bumper!

welcome to the club!
Old 11-05-04, 03:21 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The curse is back. It shows its ugly self every year around this time of the year.
Old 11-05-04, 08:38 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

man that sux dude..... those irresponsible people
Old 11-05-04, 10:51 PM
JyGS430
Pole Position

yeah, i know how you feel...just a month ago i noticed 2 scrape marks on my rear bumper, took a closer look and also saw 2 small round indents (prob from the jerks front license plate screws).
Old 11-06-04, 05:05 AM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sucks..i feel your pain!
Old 11-06-04, 07:36 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

That sucks bro .. I remember last year when I had my rear bumper freshly painted and went to the movies that night, then came out and a huge scuff mark was on my bumper. Apparently some guy reversed out and clipped my bumper.. . I know what u are going through.
Old 11-06-04, 08:01 PM
daveyB14
Rookie

I know exactly how you feel man. My car was involved in a hit and run too last year. The thing is...I was actually driving it at the time! This happened late at night when some guy just ran a light and t-boned my left quarter panel. I spun into a 360, which triggered my fuel cut off. My rear axel was pretty much gone and I was left waiting for CHP to arrive. A big chunk of the guy's bumper was actually logged in my tire, which was surprisingly still fully inflated. Too bad his license plate didn't come off...oh well.

Oh, and when the CHP finally decided to stop by after a 2 hour wait. They were total ******...they were acting like if I was the one who caused the accident. WHY THE **** DO YOU THINK THE OTHER GUY RAN OFF??? CAN YOU ANSWER THAT YOU #$%$#$#??? Some of those cal highway patrol are totally worthless.

Sorry about the rant...it's things things like this that bring back those bad memories. Right up there next to drunk drivers, hit and run *******s really need to die in fire. Just my honest opinion.
Old 11-06-04, 11:08 PM
JyGS430
Pole Position

Originally posted by daveyB14
I know exactly how you feel man. My car was involved in a hit and run too last year. The thing is...I was actually driving it at the time! This happened late at night when some guy just ran a light and t-boned my left quarter panel. I spun into a 360, which triggered my fuel cut off. My rear axel was pretty much gone and I was left waiting for CHP to arrive. A big chunk of the guy's bumper was actually logged in my tire, which was surprisingly still fully inflated. Too bad his license plate didn't come off...oh well.

Oh, and when the CHP finally decided to stop by after a 2 hour wait. They were total ******...they were acting like if I was the one who caused the accident. WHY THE **** DO YOU THINK THE OTHER GUY RAN OFF??? CAN YOU ANSWER THAT YOU #$%$#$#??? Some of those cal highway patrol are totally worthless.

Sorry about the rant...it's things things like this that bring back those bad memories. Right up there next to drunk drivers, hit and run *******s really need to die in fire. Just my honest opinion.
man, it looks like you had it pretty bad (makes my scratches seem like nothing). since your axle was messed up, you probably had to wait for a tow also. did your insurance cover it all?

you mentioned the hated chp, seems like all they know how to do is issue tickets. i'm still ticked off about the one i got earlier this year. i was in the #2 lane on hwy 580, #1 lane and #3 lanes also going 75-80, but no the chp didn't pick on the other two cars, only my black gs (usually i check my mirrors all the time, but i forgot to this time, was just cruising, not even trying to speed)
Old 11-07-04, 07:41 PM
noop
Instructor

thanks for the replys I dont feel so bad anymore, as a matter of fact I dont think I am gonna even get it painted I think I am just
gonna change my rear bumper to an L-sportline or something else maybe, I just need to find an L-sportline exhaust first i reallty love the way those tips look.

Last edited by NooP; 11-07-04 at 07:46 PM.
Old 11-07-04, 07:45 PM
noop
Instructor

thanks for the replys I dont feel so bad anymore, as a matter of fact I dont think I am gonna even get it painted I think I am just
gonna change my rear bumper to an L-sportline or something else maybe, I just need to find an L-sportline exhaust first i reallty love the way those tips look.