GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Thoughts: LMW Remote Start and sense-o-shock alarm

Old 10-15-04, 02:57 PM
AlphaJZS
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Thoughts: LMW remote Start and sense-o-shock alarm

For those of you who are interested in getting these items installed in your car I say DO IT! I was at the group install at JunctionGS's new tuner shop and was second in line to get this bad boy installed. I've always wanted an alarm on my car but I knew it would be a pain since the factory alarm (which doesnt go off even if you, kick, punch, dent the car....hell you can even break a window and it wont go off) is wired into the ECU.

The LMW crew installed the applications within 30mins or so....they took off my panels quicker than I could even blink... no but seriously they know their schematics when it comes to LEXUS.

Okay on to the functionability ( is that a word) of the unit.

I press the LOCK button three(3) times and the car will start....
usually I will press the LOCK button three times and followed by a quick press of the unlock to unlock all the doors....if you dont do this within four(4) seconds of hitting the LOCK three times...it will not unlock...you will have to unlock manually using the key

worried that the car will get stolen?
no worries here, the car will automatically shut off, if someone gets in the car and tries to put it in gear (hitting the brake to put it in gear will shut the car off). the car will also shut off if you dont tend to it in 10 minutes

the car is started, what next?
get in the car...put the key in the ignition and turn it to the ON position...do not turn the key all the way like you are going to start it...this will cause that HORRENDOUS sound you all hear when old ladies try to start their car twice

After the key is all the way to the ON position...you will notice that your steering wheel is still in its UP position.... this is where the Sequence comes in...

1. Start the car (press lock 3 times, and unlock once to unlock the door) [LMW mode]
2. Get in the car, close the door, and put the key in the ignition and turn it to the ON position [LMW mode]
3. Press your MEMORY SEAT POSITION #1 on you door panel...(this will bring down your steering column) [LMW MODE]
4. last but not least, Step on brake for about 3 seconds....(you will notice your foot well and door lights come on and turn off) [NOW YOU ARE IN -LEXUS- MODE]

Sounds like a lot but in actuality it gets done in a matter of seconds...

Final thoughts:
I start my car in the morning from my bedroom window and let it warm up before I go to work, this is a great time saver.

Also when I leave late at night/ early in the morning at my second job I leave the heated seats on, the heat on and my headlights on before I leave the car and go to work...when I come out and its cold outside...I start up the car from a distance, and by the time i get to it...its already getting warm inside the car....
perfect for the winter

I have thanked LXOGOOD many times for the stuff he's done for our community but I will do it again...thanks for setting us up with LMW...and yeah...."this option is pimp"

Last edited by AlphaJZS; 10-16-04 at 12:28 PM.
Old 10-15-04, 03:10 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just received my Remote start and shock sensor from them yesterday!!

going to install this evening my self!!!

cant wait.... no instructions for the Shock sensor but they said they will gladly walk me threw it !! now thats Service !!

Old 10-15-04, 03:15 PM
RayGS3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by CamRen
i just received my Remote start and shock sensor from them yesterday!!

going to install this evening my self!!!

cant wait.... no instructions for the Shock sensor but they said they will gladly walk me threw it !! now thats Service !!

Maybe you can take some pics and show us the step-by-step instruction.

I thought there's a GB on this item somewher in Oct?
Old 10-15-04, 03:20 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

MayBe ... but to do that... ill have to install it when i have more time... (sunday)

ill See what i can pull
Old 10-15-04, 03:42 PM
svt5150
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good write up Panda. I just got mine in the mail yesterday too. Think I might have a shop install it though... We'll see.

CamRen, let me know how it goes. They told me it is easy, just don't wanna mess with it.
Old 10-15-04, 03:49 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

wow....cool...thanks for the writeup on the auto start.....but what about the shock sensor? Can you adjust sensitivity? Does the alarm go off when you bump it now?

I'd like to here more on the shock sensor.

Im not feeling the auto-start feature.....can you buy only the shock sensor function?
Old 10-15-04, 04:09 PM
RayGS3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by PHML
wow....cool...thanks for the writeup on the auto start.....but what about the shock sensor? Can you adjust sensitivity? Does the alarm go off when you bump it now?

Im not feeling the auto-start feature.....can you buy only the shock sensor function?
Pete, i think you can
Old 10-15-04, 04:25 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Thank you Panda for the write up. I'm glad Luxury Motorworks was able to install their products on your ride. Without a doubt, the remote start / sense-o-shock alarm is an awesome feature to have.

The Group Buy for the LMW LuxLink products will take place in a WEEK

Please keep your eyes open in the vendor section. I will also post a thread here when the GB starts. The pricing should be finalized this weekend. Thanks guys...

If you have any questions, please send me a PM. Thanks

Last edited by LXOGOOD; 10-15-04 at 04:26 PM.
Old 10-15-04, 04:26 PM
GS wanted
Lexus Champion

Good endorsement Andy. (ha ha) I'm enjoying it too. Just wish I had more range on the remote. My co-worker's remote for her RX works from about 3 or 4 x's the distance of my remote...and I just replaced the batteries. Still a "nice to have" mod though.
jd
Old 10-15-04, 04:55 PM
AlphaJZS
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Pete...the sensitivity CAN indeed be adjusted....the car is rather big and you need enough shock waves to be sent to the unit...so the sensitivity is set higher than medium sized cars like ...lets say a honda..

The sensor is placed underneath the Glove box....which is accessible with little effort.
Old 10-15-04, 09:11 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

awesome writeup andy, cool stuff! and yes, i also got the stuff installed in my car, i can't ask for more for the price i paid.

one weird thing i noticed about my auto start. i always play cds in my car. i notice that sometimes when i start my car, the cd player doesn't turn on. does it happen to anyone?

the shock sensor is good, you can always adjust the sensitivity, you just need to take out the glove box cover. it's very easy.

for me, i didn't actually use the auto start all the time after the install, but now i use it whenever i can, it's so cool and fun. and yes, you need to start pressing the buttons pretty quick, otherwise you need to use the key to unlock the doors afterwards

oh and btw, andy. seriously i don't think it's a good idea to really warm up the car in idle. i read couple of times before already, with the normal engine, warming might actually hurt the car. just start it for about 30 secs and start to drive it. take it easy for couple of mins, etc... you want to run the car to get all the oil up, otherwise it's dry

that's why i never use this featuer to warm up my car
Old 10-15-04, 11:17 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Henry, let me get this straight... Sometimes when you do a remote start, your CD player does not come on? Does everything else power up like the AC and stuff? Maybe Steve over at LMW will have an answer for you. Hopfully your CD player isn't going bad.. All my audio equipment powers on just fine when i do a remote start. And you know I have a tun of stuff that has to power on...Let me know bro...
Old 10-16-04, 02:54 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Great to see a vendor that answers the call for added features to the stock security system......now we gotta get someone to get us a camber kit....lol.

I hope the instructions to install by DIYers will be crystal clear....pics would help alot.
Old 10-16-04, 08:18 AM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Great to see a vendor that answers the call for added features to the stock security system......now we gotta get someone to get us a camber kit....lol.

I hope the instructions to install by DIYers will be crystal clear....pics would help alot.
Currently, LMW is working on a DVD which you can play in your computer which will have a step by step process of the entire install. How's that for service... haha
Old 10-16-04, 09:00 AM
Gs Dreams
Pole Position

Default alarm

is it really that hard to install a after market alarm since the factory one is installed through the ecu

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Thoughts: LMW Remote Start and sense-o-shock alarm