GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Just got the L-tuned GS430!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-04, 08:34 PM
Shyne
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got the L-tuned GS430!!!

02 L-tuned GS 430...Black on black...Navi...Wood wheel and shifter...Mark Levinson sound...L-tuned suspension, grill, spoiler, and exhaust...L-tuned 18"mesh wheels...This car is so phat compared to my ragged out TL type S...I was on my 3rd tranny and I hate acura...My gs shifts and rides so damn smooth...I can't wait to get rims...My question: 19's or 20's.?..Also, which rims have the most lip: Maya DTM, DTS; Zauber Gettins; Lowenhart LD5; or Work euroline LS.?..please give me some insight and what you prefer on deep dish rims...I will have pix up soon...Shyne

Last edited by Shyne; 10-11-04 at 08:47 PM.
Old 10-11-04, 08:55 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Welcome to ClubLexus Shyne and congrats on the new ride! You've got some nice taste in rims in your lineup

I believe you have another screen name on CL and you can only have one Shyne8193

Let me know which one you want to keep please .

Last edited by DaveGS4; 10-11-04 at 09:05 PM.
Old 10-11-04, 08:58 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

welcome aboard to Club Lexus
Old 10-11-04, 09:06 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Shyne
[BThank you and you didn't say which wheel you prefer ...Shyne [/B]
have you seen the i-forged group buy in the vendor section
Old 10-11-04, 09:10 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Man, thank you for the warm invite...i just changed my profile before you posted the old one...Now that you laid out the site rules, you can edit your post because i dont need that up there after i just changed it...Thank you and you didn't say which wheel you prefer ...Shyne
You got it, thanks

I personally prefer 19 to 20s for the perfect compromise in looks and ride quality, but most will tell you go with 20's for the full effect . Of those you listed, I like the split spoke Maya (remindes me of the Lowenhart BR-5) and the Lowenhart LD5 best. Others are great, you'll go wrong with none of them.
Old 10-11-04, 09:11 PM
Shyne
Driver

no i haven't ill have to check them out for sure...are they fully forged rims.?..im concerned w/20's because i know there couln't be that much cushion for blows on crappy roads...my factory 18's look like they don't really have room for 20's but i don't know...ive always wanted the deep dish 20's for some odd reason...maybe because they look so goooood...Shyne
Old 10-11-04, 09:15 PM
Shyne
Driver

Originally posted by DaveGS4
I personally prefer 19 to 20s for the perfect compromise in looks and ride quality, but most will tell you go with 20's for the full effect . Of those you listed, I like the split spoke Maya (remindes me of the Lowenhart BR-5) and the Lowenhart LD5 best. Others are great, you'll go wrong with none of them. [/B]
i would go with the br-5, but ive already had those wheels...also with the split spokes (dtm), someone told me they dont come in chrome...since my car is black i need that chrome...the LD5's are very sexy as well...i should have set up a pole...Shyne
Old 10-11-04, 09:21 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

hey shyne,

welcome to clublexus man, so you jumped ship from acura to lexus huh? hehe, welcome of couse the gs430 is far superior than the tl-s, now you know what's true luxury and speed
Old 10-11-04, 09:22 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

no i haven't ill have to check them out for sure...are they fully forged rims.?..im concerned w/20's because i know there couln't be that much cushion for blows on crappy roads...my factory 18's look like they don't really have room for 20's but i don't know...ive always wanted the deep dish 20's for some odd reason...maybe because they look so goooood...Shyne
iforged, of course they are fully forged.

and if you haev money, why not get hre like i did
Old 10-11-04, 09:46 PM
Shyne
Driver

rominl, thanks for the welcome buddy...my tls is on sale on ebay if you want it...the people i traded it in to are selling it...at any rate, i love the hre's but no one has any idea how much they cost around these parts...i do, but im looking for something a little less expensive than hre but more expensive than one piece rims...why did you sell the volks??? the mesh looks tight on on your gs...i would love to have the blue as my second car...Shyne
Old 10-11-04, 09:59 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

rominl, thanks for the welcome buddy...my tls is on sale on ebay if you want it...the people i traded it in to are selling it...at any rate, i love the hre's but no one has any idea how much they cost around these parts...i do, but im looking for something a little less expensive than hre but more expensive than one piece rims...why did you sell the volks??? the mesh looks tight on on your gs...i would love to have the blue as my second car...Shyne
yeah people on acuraworld were talking about your car and that you were selling it. i just didn't know that you are here on clublexus now with the gs430. trust me man, you are going to drop a lot more dough on this car than the tls. the scale isn't even funny. considered i put about 2k on the tls and now over 10k easy on the gs4

yeah the hre is definitely pricey (tell me about it), iforged is actually very good, you should consider them. look into the vendor forum and see the info. i know D2 autosport in person, so if you need any info let me know ok? i can vouch for him.

why i sold my volks? hehe, they were getting old, *only* 19s, plus i got a "killer" deal on the hre. knowing i can only ge this chance not too often, i decided to jump on it. and since i want to make my gs4 a vip car, i think it worked out well

good luck with your car man. clublexus is a cool family, ask anything you want and keep in mind, don't get chessy, spend the money hehe
Old 10-11-04, 10:05 PM
J_RoK
Lexus Test Driver

if your looking for 20's
please check these out, but they are 1piece. im not sure if your set on 2/3 piece rims

Thanks
J

Dronells
Old 10-11-04, 10:30 PM
JohnGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Welcome to the Club.

J_Rok those are just absolutely beautiful. Are they Hypersilver w/ a polished lip, or Hypersilver all the way around?

Shyne: I have the Dronell's in chrome and they are awesome! If you want to see what they look like on a black lex, check in the gallery and look at JacobT 's car. Very nice!

John
Old 10-11-04, 11:45 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by rominl

why i sold my volks? hehe, they were getting old, *only* 19s, plus i got a "killer" deal on the hre. knowing i can only ge this chance not too often, i decided to jump on it. and since i want to make my gs4 a vip car, i think it worked out well

Wait a minute, I thought you couldn't care less about being a VIP?
Old 10-11-04, 11:55 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by jtanoyo1
Wait a minute, I thought you couldn't care less about being a VIP?
who said i didn't care, i care about the direction of vip in my own defintion -- luxury and classic looking

Quick Reply: Just got the L-tuned GS430!!!