GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Tom's Body Kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-04, 12:27 AM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tom's Body Kit

Here's some pictures of one of the many poorly kept secrets surrounding EOS V3. Strangely enough, I don't have any good pictures [bad light and car is dirty] and I have none from the big meet last week. Have been buried at work before and after the meet but will get some better pictures this weekend.

Quick refresher on the car: 98 GS 400 [officially 7 year old last month], Cinnabar, Nach and factory HIDs, Stoptech 4 corner BBK w/metal master pads, Tein HA, TRD sways, Tom's front/rear strut tower braces, Tom's front/rear lower chassis braces, Tom's 6-Link Brace Kit, Tanabe Hyper Medallion Exhaust w/resonators deleted, ATS Carbon LSD w/stock gearing, PI Torque Converter, B&M Tranny Cooler, K&N FIPK, Optima Yellow, TeCK Grounding Kit, RMM CF Engine Cover, RMM Grill, Tom's S630 Aristo Body Kit inc/ Side Skirts and Front/Rear Bumpers, Tom's Rear Window Spoiler, Staggered 18" Volk LE37K's w/Good Year GS-D3, '01 Tails, and custom Venture Tape [clear bra] installed by PMAG. Next, new exhaust and audio upgrades. Oh, and probably a set of JP Tails.

Along with the kit, the hood, grill and mirrors were re-shot and the front fenders blended. Regarding the grill mesh - matching mesh was used in the RMM grill and Tom's bumper. And yes, it's directional mesh aligned the same direction - problem is the mesh in the bumper leans forward while the mesh in the grill is tilted back. So I'll also be changing out the mesh when I get around to it.

Old 10-02-04, 01:38 AM
400DGRZ
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up

Very nice!

Do you plan on upgrading to larger wheels now that you have a kit?
Old 10-02-04, 01:40 AM
svt5150
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks great, as it did at EOS... Let me know when you change the exhaust if you sell it. I loved how it looked at the exhaust soundoff...
Old 10-02-04, 01:57 AM
JohnGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Car looks beautiful!

John
Old 10-02-04, 02:45 AM
LsportGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Gawd i love that color!
Old 10-02-04, 02:47 AM
SOFIA
Pole Position

ouch!!! this is HOT gs!!!

i love it
Old 10-02-04, 02:56 AM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

very nice kit
Old 10-02-04, 04:46 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Looks great Red! You know when I first saw pics of this bodykit I didn't like the front end all that much but seeing pics of yours, esp in cinnibar, it looks quite nice
Old 10-02-04, 06:46 AM
00lexondub
Lexus Champion

i like the rear bumper alot.. looks aggresive but clean at the same time..
way to represent cinnabar.. that car looks good expescially wht yor ultra rare kit. and as always love the brakes.
great job and keep it up.. cant wait to see the JP tails.. im thinkin bout takin the plunge too.
Old 10-02-04, 06:51 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn if i didnt get blue

red is the next color i would have went with

looks real nice

i see what you mean about the mesh

cant wait to se the jp tails

Old 10-02-04, 07:59 AM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by 400DGRZ
Very nice! Do you plan on upgrading to larger wheels now that you have a kit?
No, I'm not -planning- to upgrade. But I also never expected to put a kit on the car [I can hear the LGW guys laughing] or otherwise upgrade cosmetically. Darn peer pressure and all.
Old 10-02-04, 08:11 AM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by svt5150
Looks great, as it did at EOS...
Thanks.

Originally posted by svt5150
Let me know when you change the exhaust if you sell it. I loved how it looked at the exhaust soundoff...
I have to change the exhaust to clear parts of the Tom's 6-Link kit. That's actually why the cans/tips are not hugging the cut-outs in the bumper. I had to install temp. spacers. When I do get rid of the exhaust I will do so for ultra cheap to a Norcal local. Remind me that you have first dibs.

Last edited by redgs4; 10-02-04 at 08:23 AM.
Old 10-02-04, 08:35 AM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

JohnGS4, LsportGS4, SOFIA and lexondubs... Thanks for the kind words.

Originally posted by DaveGS4
Looks great Red! You know when I first saw pics of this bodykit I didn't like the front end all that much but seeing pics of yours, esp in cinnibar, it looks quite nice
Thanks Dave. Buying this kit sight unseen was tough. It was expensive [even at SG prices] and I also had reservations about the entire look from front to rear. Turned out pretty good, though.

Originally posted by 00lexondub
i like the rear bumper alot.. looks aggresive but clean at the same time.. way to represent cinnabar.. that car looks good expescially wht yor ultra rare kit. and as always love the brakes. great job and keep it up.. cant wait to see the JP tails.. im thinkin bout takin the plunge too.
Thanks, also was not sure about the rear bumper myself. It takes a particular looking exhaust to pull off the look because the cans and tips are exposed.
Old 10-02-04, 08:39 AM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by T.L.W.
Damn if i didnt get blue

red is the next color i would have went with

looks real nice

i see what you mean about the mesh

cant wait to se the jp tails

Blue is nice, that would be my second choice.

As for the JP Tails, I normally would not even consider spending that kind of money, especially since I already upgraded to the 01 tails. But I won the 50% off JP tails at the EOS Meet. Can't fight destiny.
Old 10-02-04, 09:19 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

the toms stuff really look nice on your color .. speaks loudly of class.. although i would replace that rmm grill (although was always one of my fav grills , i sold mine to another member here last month) with a open grill to match the opening and aggressive style of the toms bumper.. and of course matching mesh would complete the look.. just my opinion though

Quick Reply: Tom's Body Kit