GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

MB E class steals back from Lexus GS series

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-01, 08:51 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Somehow the interior looks alittle like the I30/Maxima, with an extra piece of wood surrounding it.....

and again, the triangular taillights on the new E...... Or is that a C? or S or SLK or CL or what..!?
Old 04-18-01, 09:11 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Default Re: That is one sorry hubcap

Yeah before the CLK320 got here to the US in 99 all pics I saw was the european models where they used either the Monoblock wheels, AMG SLKs, or the E420 wheels back then. Had my mind set on that car, made the screenname (Globe"CLK") then visited the dealer. SICK LOOKING wheels (as in, SICK), some stock steels, man that killed it. Later decided on GS with much better looking stock rims that won't embarrass me before I get new 18s.

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX

Infiniti rims are terrible as are acura's (except that legend gs rim, that was a looker) Infiniti had a fake monoblock thing of a rim on I30 and Q41 t models too..
I actually think that the 5 spoke 17s on the Q41 t is pretty good looking for it. But it's too small.
Old 04-18-01, 10:38 PM
biggie27
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the E-class pictured above is the AMG version just by looking at it you can tell with the droped suspension and the front lip usauly thats what they use as pictures when they are introducing a new car one with all the options and the top of the line equipment and those look like 18" rims too me but I could be wrong about that, Mercedes need to go back to the drawing board and work out some diffrent tail lights for there cars cause this is getting stupid, the only cars that I can think of right now that have diffrent lights on them are probably the CL and the Mercedes/Swatch car the Smart
Attached Thumbnails MB E class steals back from Lexus GS series-smart_yell_sm.jpg  
Old 04-18-01, 10:40 PM
biggie27
Lexus Champion

actualy the CL also has the same tail lights so that just leaves Smart
Old 04-19-01, 12:41 AM
HaydenGS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More Picture of the new E Class

This is computer generated but is probably the most realistic one
Old 04-19-01, 12:47 AM
HaydenGS
Driver School Candidate

Default More Picture of the new E Class

Sorry Geocities doesn't allow me to leach their files i guess

im gonna attach them now
Attached Thumbnails MB E class steals back from Lexus GS series-e-class-w211abti4.jpg  
Old 04-19-01, 05:00 AM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

NOW ITS TIME TO DIE MERCEDES

Old 04-19-01, 05:34 AM
babyGS3
Lexus Champion

WHAT THE HELL kind of stupid cheap-*** K-mart Walmart knockoff-blingbling chromed 16" piece of shizhit rims does mercedes think they are putting on those cars? Those look like the $50 steel rims on my chevy celebrity without the freaking hubcap! And how much is that car? I thought that you should at least get a damn quality rim for a car like that. The rims should match the body... ok... anyway... I'm real pissed... sorry... blowing off steam...
Old 04-19-01, 11:46 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

GUYS, GUYS, GUYS (and gals!), come on, THINK ABOUT IT...

If MBUSA offers the new E-Class with those "not even good enough for Kmart's Blue Light specials", potential buyers will ask for other options...of COURSE, the MBUSA dealer has a few to choose from...all for an additional $4000 (or whatever)...for 1 piece CAST rims....it's all about making more money.

Of course, most MB buyers aren't smart enough (or care enough) to know that you can buy better and bigger aftermarket rims for the same amount of money...but then again, these buyers were looking for a good value, they'd buy a Lexus and not a overpriced MB.

At least Lexus only charges you an additional $300 for the 17" rims (as opposed to the 16" ones)...unless you're DUMB enough to pay $1900 for the same $300 option but in chrome.

Manny, you own a Chevy Celebrity? I'm TERRIBLY SORRY! Hehehe! My moms owned one and it was the BIGGEST PILE OF **** on the planet...she's owned Camarys ever since and has been SO HAPPY with them...

Last edited by Manaray; 04-19-01 at 11:51 AM.
Old 04-19-01, 12:15 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Thumbs up you go M

Right on Manaray, you tell them.

MB will do anything to make soooo much $$$, as if they did not make enough in the 1980s. i will always remember one of its old CEOs actually claimed that their cars were "over-engineered", thus justify $45k for the 300E. Yeh, right. a 1989 lexls400 v8 cost less than $40k and toyota was still making money, talk about Greed....
Old 04-19-01, 12:41 PM
gs430ondubz
Driver

Default regarding the picture of the new E

I saw that same picture in that magazine but, correct me if I'm wrong, but, the article mentioned that that picture was just the E-Class now, altered by the computer graphic designers from the magazine to depict what the new E would look like. It might not even look like that. again, i might of been high when i read it. j/p
Old 04-19-01, 02:21 PM
HaydenGS
Driver School Candidate

gs430onduz:

hehe, yeah that's a computer regenerated graphic
but i found another more realistic one
well .. at least not the whole car is computer generated this time hahahah

Attached Thumbnails MB E class steals back from Lexus GS series-mb-e-class.jpg  
Old 04-19-01, 06:19 PM
LexusLady
Pole Position

Sorry to disappoint you gentlemen, but if they come out with an E500 5.0 V-8.... I'M BUYIN' !!!!!!
As far as the rims go - I don't think the standard Lexus rims are that hot either, and most of us either plan, or already have, changed them, so new rims on the Benz is not out of the question. A nice set of Carlsson Evolutions, and I'll be smilin'

C.
Old 04-19-01, 06:32 PM
babyGS3
Lexus Champion

Default Manaray... charonne

manaray...

yep... i own a 15 year old Chevrolet Celebrity... it's my getaround car. For some reason, even though we have 6 cars in a 4-membered family... my mom has never gotten rid of this pile of heap.

Charonne,
I'm pretty sure that when they come out with a 500 it will have decent rims. I really wouldnt mind an MB... but I'll only buy an AMG Benz because I dont like the stock styling and performance. IF ONLY THEY HAD A GS500!
Old 04-20-01, 12:29 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Charonne,

You'd put some Carlsson Evolutions on a new E500? Are you single? I think I love you.

Seriously though, any woman/girl that looks at a new car and says that she'd slap some phat rims on it is THE BOMB. You've GOTTA love that!

If I were to buy a E500 (as soon as MB makes them as reliable as a Lexus, as soon as MB looses their "God" complex, and as soon as MB prices their car more in line with what you're getting, then I'll buy one...boy, I cann't wait to see the 2004 GS! ), I would do it up with a full bore Carlsson or Brabus package...19" rims, full suspension including lowering, body kit, interior accents...the whole Monty...

So....anyone have spy picts of the 2004 GS?

Quick Reply: MB E class steals back from Lexus GS series