GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Buy now or wait for new GS model to come out?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-04, 01:13 PM
NileLegend
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buy now or wait for new GS model to come out?

I wanted to get some peoples opinion about this. I am currently shopping around for a 98-00 Lexus GS 400. Since a new body style is coming soon, do you think the prices will fall?

What do guys think is a good deal on 98-00 GS400 with around 50-60K miles?

Thanks for all your help
Old 07-12-04, 04:37 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i thikn it will drop a bit

umm.... about 20k?
Old 07-12-04, 07:44 PM
BlaXXXima
Rookie

Thought I'd ensure I get to monitor this thread.

I'm in the same boat, in Canada. Looking, but might wait if it's worth it.

Good luck tracking one down
Old 07-13-04, 04:23 PM
vrferrari
Pole Position

NileLegend,

While speculation is always a fun thing, I think you can parallel the Lexus market with the feelings of the BMW crowd over the new "angry jack-o-latern" look of the 7 and new 5 series.

With the release of the current BMW style in full swing, I have not talked to anyone with a "dated" generation BMW that is compelled to purchase the new cars based on the visual fact that their current ride is no longer "new".

Until loyal Lexus owners get to see and feel the new GS in person it's going to be hard to gauge how many people will like the new styling. If it's a hit you may see an abundance of 2nd gen GS's on the market.
If it's a draw ( many think it looks to much like the current Maxima ), I think you are going to see no change in the current availabilty and price movement (beyond sensible depreciation).
Old 07-13-04, 04:48 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by vrferrari
NileLegend,

While speculation is always a fun thing, I think you can parallel the Lexus market with the feelings of the BMW crowd over the new "angry jack-o-latern" look of the 7 and new 5 series.

With the release of the current BMW style in full swing, I have not talked to anyone with a "dated" generation BMW that is compelled to purchase the new cars based on the visual fact that their current ride is no longer "new".

Until loyal Lexus owners get to see and feel the new GS in person it's going to be hard to gauge how many people will like the new styling. If it's a hit you may see an abundance of 2nd gen GS's on the market.
If it's a draw ( many think it looks to much like the current Maxima ), I think you are going to see no change in the current availabilty and price movement (beyond sensible depreciation).

well said
Old 07-13-04, 05:31 PM
LexFather

NileLegend,

Yeah perfect. I think the new GS is going to attact new demograhpics to Lexus UNLESS Lexus markets it just like the 2nd gen. "SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES".
Old 07-13-04, 06:39 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

NileLegend,

man i love this guy's post. i almost agree with everything he says! way to go man!