GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

The curse got me too!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-04, 10:10 PM
Lexus GS3
Trouble Maker

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Default The curse got me too!!

Tonite when i went to dinner with a buddy of mines, I parked my car normally in the parking lot outside the restaurant. After we were done with dinner we decided to leavea and walked towards my car, but i notice something very dusty on my rear winshield. I was sure it wasnt there when i got there because i just got a car wash 2 hours before i got to the restaurant, so i got close to the back of my car and i see gravel dust laying all around my rear winshield and a couple of rocks size of a quater laying on top of the trunk. I immediately wipe off all the gravel dust off my rear winshield, after all da dust of the gravel was taken off, i use my fingertip to feel the winshield to see if its crack or anything. Luckily it did not break my windshield, but it make a good size crack. I hope water wont get in. I swear there's alot of haters out there. See the way the rock impacted to the windshield, i think someone did it on purpose. Nowadays i'm gonna be super carefull where i go. I'm thinking of changing my license plate and get da regular numbers instead of having customize plates. That way is harder to recognize my car.

Tommy
Old 06-29-04, 10:41 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

wut does your license plate say ???
Old 06-29-04, 11:42 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

wtf?! someone hates your car that much to throw a rock at it? man... that sux sorry to hear that man
Old 06-29-04, 11:56 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tommy

sorry to hear that bro...you do know in our area there are TONS of haters.. ..personal plate is cool and unique, but often they draw too much attention, often unwanted..and if you upset soemone, he/she who knows your car will remember by plate..on top of that, we mod and personalize our nice cars, so i usually try to stay low key..
Old 06-30-04, 12:51 AM
Lexus GS3
Trouble Maker

My customize license plate is simple. "TOMSGS3" I dont think it will cause any hatred. Not like i'm insulting anyone with it.. Just more personalize to me.. Meaning Tommy's GS 300.

Will: i agree with you.. i'm heading down to DMV very soon to get new plates. I'm so glad they didnt keyed my car and also they didnt slash my tires either. Anyways i'm not going back to that restaurant driving my car. If i do go back, i'll either carpool or drive my beater '90 es250.

Tommy
Old 06-30-04, 01:04 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

man tommy that sucks man. sorry to hear about what happened.

where do you eat at? on valley? there are usually lots of annoying kids there, better be careful buddy.
Old 06-30-04, 01:36 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by GlobeCLK
man tommy that sucks man. sorry to hear about what happened.

where do you eat at? on valley? there are usually lots of annoying kids there, better be careful buddy.
valley you mean vally blvd in alhambra? man, same here, i don't feel comfortable driving my cars there, specially atnight
Old 06-30-04, 10:43 AM
TRULUX
Lead Lap

sorry to here that man. dose your ins cover glass
Old 06-30-04, 10:47 AM
zmatrix
Pole Position

sorry to hear that Tommy, which restaurant was this at? Prolly at a cafe...man those cafes' got some jerkoff kids always messing around. We got haters here in the SG valley. It has happen twice already where I got soda and the like thrown on my car and rims parking outside in a restaurant.
Old 06-30-04, 10:50 AM
Lexus GS3
Trouble Maker

I hope i can claim my insurance co. But the damage isnt dat big. I found the correct word to describe the damage.. Instead of a scratch.. Its a chip.. You know how u get a chipped on the paint like a dent. I hope water wont get inside.

Ray: i was eating in Monterey park at a cafe.. Corner of atlantic blvd and garvey.
Old 06-30-04, 11:06 AM
TRULUX
Lead Lap

if it is a small chip u can get it filled in for like 30 dollers. and if he knows what heis doing u wont be able to tell. cant recomend anybody because i live in texas
Old 06-30-04, 11:30 AM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn! Sorry to hear that Tommy.. That really sucks. I don't think you should change your plate, its not like it showing off. For example having a plate like 1GS2NV ( 1 gs to envy) would cause problems.

-Bryan
Old 06-30-04, 11:45 AM
TRULUX
Lead Lap

all personal plates have problems. i dont like to admit it now but i used to be one of those dumb *** kid. i fell bad for what i did and now i know the diff. but i just draws mo attention to u and your car. not to metion if u speed thru traffic it much easrer to remeber your plate at a glance then the normal one
Old 06-30-04, 12:11 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by Lexus GS3
I hope i can claim my insurance co. But the damage isnt dat big. I found the correct word to describe the damage.. Instead of a scratch.. Its a chip.. You know how u get a chipped on the paint like a dent. I hope water wont get inside.

Ray: i was eating in Monterey park at a cafe.. Corner of atlantic blvd and garvey.
the cafe on the second floor on the NW corner, next to the restaurant?
Old 06-30-04, 12:25 PM
GSing430
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

ouch!! i know what the feeling is like. something of the same nature happened to me too, luckily not my gs but my previous 99 H22 turbo accord. someone threw a rock about 6in in diameter, shattered my windshield, cracked my CF hood, dented the top of my head liner, cracked my spoiler and trunk, stuffed a banana in my exhaust and keyed it. and this was like only 6 months after i moved to sac area from the bay and i did not know anyone around here at that time. DAMN!!! i hate sac area, so much haters!!! get a life!!! Knock on wood, i would be locked up in jail if this happen to my GS and i knew who it was.

Quick Reply: The curse got me too!!