GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

ricey or classey

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-04, 12:12 AM
Gs Dreams
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation ricey or classey

i have a question
i don't want my car to be classfied as a ricer so who would know best?? (thats right CL Memebers ) i was looking into getting my door handles shaved and when i get my body kit i was looking into getting that mold into the body (more of a clean look, no line) and i was wondering me gettin my handles shaved in would that modification put me in the "ricer" catagory or maybe even a bit classier by the way i like how club lexus member present their cars (the clean approach) and i just don't want to get to outrageous with mines
thanks
Old 04-23-04, 12:23 AM
APLUS
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so who would know best?? (thats right CL Memebers

No matter what any one says it doesn't make them an expert on styling for YOUR car. It's your car and you should get what you want. I like shaved door handles, and I would have to see the molded body kit before I decide, but still its just my opinion. Some might like your idea and some may not, who cares, some don't like chrome and I love chrome wheels your the one driving it and paying for it so go for it. Any way I like the shaved door handles. My boy just got some. Real clean looking. The molded body kit do you have an example car that has one you could post ?
Old 04-23-04, 12:28 AM
Gs Dreams
Pole Position

Default handles

yea your right thanks for your opinion i just want my car to have th cleanest look possible and no i don't have a example car i wish i did but in my mind i pretty much know what it will look like
Old 04-23-04, 05:34 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally posted by APLUS
so who would know best?? (thats right CL Memebers

No matter what any one says it doesn't make them an expert on styling for YOUR car. It's your car and you should get what you want. I like shaved door handles, and I would have to see the molded body kit before I decide, but still its just my opinion. Some might like your idea and some may not, who cares, some don't like chrome and I love chrome wheels your the one driving it and paying for it so go for it. Any way I like the shaved door handles. My boy just got some. Real clean looking. The molded body kit do you have an example car that has one you could post ?

agree what was said , its yours do whatever floats your boat

however if you seeking opinions for a ref point then mine is = ricey
Old 04-23-04, 06:05 AM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Shaved handles should not be classified as "ricey", this technique has been done on american muscle cars for years...

Old 04-23-04, 07:20 AM
Captain Bone
Lexus Champion

I don't like the idea of it personally.. primarily because I like my door handles.

-Anthony
Old 04-23-04, 07:23 AM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

If it is a daily driver I say no don't do it, not because it is ricey but because it is a hassle to deal with everytime you drive your car. If it is a show car then I would say do it because IMO it looks good.
Old 04-23-04, 07:44 AM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation

I would say no to molding your bodykit because of possible cracking down the road..I don't care how good your body man is ..All it takes is a parking block or misjudged drive way..As for handles being ricey??I would say that is not the case.But, bottom line is it's your car and you should do what you want and my opinion is
Old 04-23-04, 08:43 AM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

If you're looking for a clean look, imo you can't get any cleaner.. No handles on the on the sides just the lines of the body... Go for it..
Old 04-23-04, 09:40 AM
HoracioGS4
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i agree with CinFulxGS4 that shaved door handles are not ricey...I too have seen them on a lot of old school muscle cars...
Old 04-23-04, 09:51 AM
AlphaJZS
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

my 2 pennies,

I think this mod would go either way...wouldnt be ricey at all IMO ... i did a quick chop of a random car in the gallery, its LXOGOOD'S car....pssst ken...maybe you might wanna do this? hehe jk ... heres what shaved doors would look like ..

heres with door handles
Old 04-23-04, 09:58 AM
r00kie
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by PandaGS430
[B]my 2 pennies,

I think this mod would go either way...wouldnt be ricey at all IMO ... i did a quick chop of a random car in the gallery, its LXOGOOD'S car....pssst ken...maybe you might wanna do this? hehe jk ... heres what shaved doors would look like ..
The chop looks good, but with the handles shaved, it looks kinda weird to me. Looks like it's missing some arms or something. Might be, because I'm not used to seeing it without the handles. In any case, like everyone says, do what will make you happy.
Old 04-23-04, 10:06 AM
GS wanted
Lexus Champion

Question

I don't think there's anything that could make LXO's car look bad. =) I'm not a fan of the shaved handles look though. I agree it looks a bit awkward. But, have you considered the inner tails? They're a candidate IMO.
Old 04-23-04, 10:46 AM
BostonGS4
Pole Position

your in penn?
Im in MA. friend of mine did shaved handles with poppers on his supra. its kind of rough in frozen weather. get some deisel poppers rated at like 150lbs or something to make sure.

and yeah, do what you think is right man. What matters is if you like the way your car looks
Old 04-23-04, 10:51 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

As others have said, do what YOU like. Just be secure in your choice and if you catch flack about it, stand firm on your decision.

I'm not a big fan of the shaved handles and if you mold a kit, make sure it has the right lines to ensure the car does not look to "bulky" at the bottom!

Once again, the choice is yours, if you let us mod a car for you, it would have 5 different kits, 2 different exhaust cannisters and 4 different wheels!!! LOL I'm not even gonna START on suspension! LOL

Quick Reply: ricey or classey