GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Some pics, Dave's GS Makeover (updated with Part 3 - HRE, Brembo, new ICE)

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-04, 10:10 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,297 Posts
Default Some pics, Dave's GS Makeover (updated with Part 3 - HRE, Brembo, new ICE)

OK, I'm too excited to wait until its all over and done with to post, and I don't want to drag out everybody along with 'teaser' pictures.... so I've decided I'm going to post as I get each major milestone done on my minor spring GS makeover through the next couple of months.

First up is the L-sportline rear bumper (finally). Pics below are really in-process as we haven't put the chrome strip in either the front or rear bumper. Car is debadged for now as well . No, I don't have the JP tails yet to put on .

I have not decided if I just want to do new tips on my existing Borla Exhaust or an entirely new exhaust. I really like the sound of the Borla, might try tips first to see how they look. One thing is for certain, the 'stock' Borla length is WAY too short with the Lsportline bumper:

Second item for this round - had my TTE lip re-painted and they did a very impressive job of molding it in! Looks like one piece in person. Also had the top of the car and rear trunk wet sanded to get rid of some acid rain spots that would not come off.

And since I'm taking a road trip tomorrow, I got the new bra on. It's from Lexus and it doesn't quite do the job coverting the TTE Lip and the fresh paint. Oh well, at least it will help some. Bra will only be used for long road trips!

More to come in the next few weeks Oh, I forgot to take pics of my new rear deck. Just like OEM spoiler-GSs came with (factory, no third brakelight or hole).

More pics of the lip here.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 04-09-04 at 10:32 PM.
Old 04-09-04, 10:20 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i really like the l-sport rear in black,looks evil with the black vent("Luke, I Am u'r father!")sorry!...the front looks great, like it came from the factory like that , the pipes, well ya they r way 2 in, if u really love the borla sound and tip look which i do , mayb just have a shop extend them 4 u....i had a shop add pipeing underneath which brought out the tip more....well anyway congrats..

Last edited by bluelex; 04-09-04 at 10:22 PM.
Old 04-09-04, 10:31 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks great so far. Can't wait to see the rest of the makeover. Does it include shoes? You know the ones you had PSed?

As for the Borla exhaust, if you like everything about it, just extend it like bluelex suggested.
Old 04-09-04, 10:34 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Neo
Looks great so far. Can't wait to see the rest of the makeover. Does it include shoes? You know the ones you had PSed?
I was thinking the same thing! LOL Looks nice so far Dave.
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by Neo

As for the Borla exhaust, if you like everything about it, just extend it like bluelex suggested.
It likely will, but not the ones that were shopped . I really like the Borla tips, but I'm not sure they're quite big enough for the cutouts on the L-sportline bumper. I have a set of the new-style Borla tips that I might put on and try... they're just a bit bigger than the oval set that came on the exhaust, a little more rounded.
chrisleX
Pole Position

Great job, dave ! how did they mold the lip on the front bumper ?
Old 04-09-04, 10:39 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by chrisleX
Great job, dave ! how did they mold the lip on the front bumper ?
I have no idea what the process was. But they've put mine on three times (counting this one) and Dex had his put on at the same place. Every time they do one they get better at it and figure out new ways to make it look cleaner. Dex's TTE look very good, almost molded... but my latest one is even better. Hope it stays that way and doesn't get whacked by some road debris or a big racoon (which is what happened the time they attached the lip).
Old 04-09-04, 10:59 PM
hawk
Driver

your car is awesome, and it's going to look flat out mean w/ those JP lights.....congrats amigo
Old 04-09-04, 11:03 PM
Captain Bone
Lexus Champion

Ah, one of the pioneers of the mod'ed GS.

Lookin' good as always Dave. Perfection you are a master at.

-Anthony
Old 04-09-04, 11:34 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by DaveGS4
but my latest one is even better
Do you mean the latest install? Or did you get another lip for the rework?
Old 04-09-04, 11:36 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

very nice dave!

so what, now you have the tom's rear add on for sale?
Old 04-10-04, 12:13 AM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

WOW Dave, your paint looks like glass man.. The bodyshop did an outstanding job molding on the TTE lip. It really does look like one solid piece. Nice work... Can't wait to see the up-coming stuff....
Old 04-10-04, 12:14 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Same lip for all three installs - initial, racoon strike and this one. Its held up pretty well IMO.

Yep, the Tom's VA300 insert is SOLD. Didn't even have to advertise it, another member stopped by to pick up a part and nabbed it when he saw it on his car.
Old 04-10-04, 06:17 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

well dave what can i say but sweet and welcome to the big booty club (lsportline rear) now i see why some of the guys down here cant get there lsportline rear , its sold out

car looks great , man i need to get my bumper painted and hood painted but wanna wait till i get the sc3 for daily driving (with boost of course).. i see you mentioned about some acid rain spots , i guess i was not the only one suffering from that on the roof and trunk lid...

as far as the tips , imo you need not only to bring it flush but larger to fill the cutout , i used to have these tac welded on to my stock system they were genuine borla tips from their site

do you plan on putting back the chrome strips also was that bra 1 piece or 2 piece
Old 04-10-04, 10:45 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally posted by DaveGS4
Same lip for all three installs - initial, racoon strike and this one. Its held up pretty well IMO.

Yep, the Tom's VA300 insert is SOLD. Didn't even have to advertise it, another member stopped by to pick up a part and nabbed it when he saw it on his car.
hey and now everyone of us wants to know what new shoes you got man

Quick Reply: Some pics, Dave's GS Makeover (updated with Part 3 - HRE, Brembo, new ICE)