GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Got a whole bunch of stuff installed! Now who says they don't fit!??!?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-04, 09:07 AM
KVA
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Crazy
Old 04-01-04, 09:59 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

DAAAAYYYYYAAAAMMMM!!!! I LOVE them phat-@$$ lips. Wow...+24...that's a crazy-@$$ offset Jon!! Well, I guess you proved that it can be done...LOL!! But why?

Btw...what size tires are on the rear?

Front looks perfect, but I would love to see the rear wheel flushed with the fenders....looks like they currently stick out a bit pass the fenders.

Pete
Old 04-01-04, 10:15 AM
Captain Bone
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow.. They look very nice.

I, like others, don't understand why you went so low on the offset but it looks good. I just hope you don't suffer mal-effects once everything settles or you go over some BIG bumps.

-Anthony
Old 04-01-04, 10:46 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet wheels Jon, love the style!!!
Old 04-01-04, 11:00 AM
AlphaJZS
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

jt -

omg looks so awesome....i swear man you get the all time high coveted goal of SUPER-FAST NO-LIMIT MOD SPENDING goal of the year....
Old 04-01-04, 12:22 PM
gewe21
Lead Lap

...but the rear wheels seem protrude a little from the fender... or is it just bad camera angle ?
Old 04-01-04, 12:31 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally posted by gewe21

...but the rear wheels seem protrude a little from the fender... or is it just bad camera angle ?
that's exactly what i am thinking about
Old 04-01-04, 06:13 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Manaray
Hey, I can get -50 offset wheels to fit any car too so long as you don't plan on lowering it.... The rear end looks like a 4x4.

+24's are way too agressive (even in 19") unless you don't plan on lowering the car and don't plan on having people in the rear and don't plan on hitting any bumps or dips (unless you have stiff suspension)....I wouldn't be surprised if the lip was able to hit the fender. Of course, you can cut the fender to help out your situtation...

Great looking wheels but why the ridiculous offset? They didn't have a +36 rear?
The rear looks like a 4x4 because my car is parked on a steep downcline (is there even a word for that?)

If you've followed the progress of my car in the past, you would know that I have one of the lowest cars on CL. When I changed to these new wheels yesterday, I did absolutely nothing on the HKS suspension except changing it to the stiffest setting, precisely because of what you said Manaray, to prevent bodyroll and causing rubbing or wheel lip that hits the bottom part of the fender.

Like I said, we drove around with 3 other adults in the car, went up and down steep parking inclines, sideways, speed bumps, and I even found a deserted park to slalom around for a while and could not recreate a rubbing situation.

I will take a rear shot and a sideshot for both you and rominl so you can see how far the wheel sticks out the back (which is none at all, it's flush) and how low my car is from the side.

I also said on a previous post, if I am going to lower my car another inch, I would have to worry about a lot more things than just wheel rubbing. Because of the way the Aristo undercarriage is designed, the bottom floorpan where the downpipe hangs sit lower than the lowest part of the sideskirts. Another inch lower, I would tear most parts of the belly of the car (downpipe, anti-rust, chassis, etc....)

I will take pics asap for you guys.

Old 04-01-04, 06:18 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by gewe21

The lip does not stick past the fender. It's flush right where the fender line would be. It's these michelin tires with its fat sidewall that makes it look like the wheels stick out a bit at the back.

I don't like the +36 ish offset look because they are "too american". Sorry if I offended anyone. I am really going for the fat JDM go-nuts look and I did a lot of research on many Japanese websites, and a lot of the Aristos there are using +24 offset for their rears. I even saw a pic of a guy with +10 offset in the back with no fender flares but he cuts away all the fender lining to nothing and he used superstretched 245/35 tires in the back with 19x10 width!

Anyway, I will take the pics later in the day.

Last edited by jtanoyo1; 04-01-04 at 06:25 PM.
Old 04-01-04, 06:21 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by brendanlim
Loving it bro! What did you do with the C5's?
It's still at my friend's shop looking for a good home......
Old 04-02-04, 08:38 AM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Better angles of the new wheels.

Look Manaray, no 4x4...

Look Rominl, no wheel sticking out of the car or crazy negative camber....

I drove the car around all day today and experience no extra discomfort or rubbing other than more stiffness and creaks coming from the stiffer blue trd swaybars....

They fit!
Old 04-02-04, 09:09 AM
Ag02M5
Lexus Test Driver

Looks like quite a bit of - camber to me.
Old 04-02-04, 09:25 AM
AlphaJZS
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

jt -

there is a lil cambering going on but nothing too serious considering how low your car is....even with my OEM 18's i had a little cambering issue...you'll ultimately know if its bad or not when the tires wear....again...STILL LOOKS AWESOME....those lips look voluptuous

Last edited by AlphaJZS; 04-02-04 at 10:21 AM.
Old 04-02-04, 09:40 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Guyz....

Jon is going for the JDM VIP-style look.

Engine mods.....check!! Deep-dish wheels w/ fat-@$$ lips....check!! Stretched tires.....check!! Dropped/ability to be slammed....check!! Huge negative camber.....check!!

Now to complete that look....you need a nice body kit......and the JP thingy hanging from your rear-view mirror.

Awesome work bro!!

Pete

Last edited by PHML; 04-02-04 at 11:51 AM.
Old 04-02-04, 09:59 AM
GSTRANCE
GS -Trance

Originally posted by PHML
Guyz....

Jon is going for the JDM VIP-style look.

Engine mods.....check!! Deep-dish weels w/ fat-@$$ lips....check!! Stretched tires.....check!! Dropped/ability to be slammed....check!! Huge negative camber.....check!!

Now to complete that look....you need a nice body kit......and the JP thingy hanging from your rear-view mirror.

Awesome work bro!!

Pete
Yeah I agree.When we all see these VIP GS' in magazines we are like DAYUMMMM! Now that someone on CL is doing some of those same mods everybody is jumpin all over him.I think it looks HOT! and if it rubs it rubs thats the price you pay.Good job Jon.Now get a kit!

Quick Reply: Got a whole bunch of stuff installed! Now who says they don't fit!??!?