GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

I hate my GS400 spoiler...

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-03, 04:01 PM
PhantomZX
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's a pic of my win replica spoiler. I'm still selling the whole kit if anyone is interested.
Attached Thumbnails I hate my GS400 spoiler...-gs-15.jpg  
Old 11-12-03, 05:29 PM
hawk
Driver

Exclamation

i thought i might mention this just in case....

if the spoiler came with the car new, be careful about taking it off......your GS may not have the rear center brake light on the back deck under the rear windshield....i believe that the middle brake light is a legal requirement in most, if not all, states
Old 11-12-03, 06:31 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just patch the holes...not a big deal!

NO pain..NO GAIN!
Old 11-12-03, 08:07 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by hawk500sl
i thought i might mention this just in case....

if the spoiler came with the car new, be careful about taking it off......your GS may not have the rear center brake light on the back deck under the rear windshield....i believe that the middle brake light is a legal requirement in most, if not all, states
Very true. This is why I've been only looking at "non-lighted" deck spoilers. I did not want to deal with the whole 3rd brake light issue.
Old 11-12-03, 08:27 PM
B_Cruz
Driver

Originally posted by joel5150
B_cruz,
What color is your lex? You may find someone who will trade you lids.

Joel
my car is alpine silver.... will trade for a alpine silver NON-spoilered trunk plus a little bit of cash... I mean a LITTLE....

Not too worried about the third brake light.. I have a little solution for it that is legal.
Old 11-13-03, 01:14 AM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Alpine. Darn shame, would've traded if Millenium.
Old 11-13-03, 06:50 AM
JunctionGS
Lexus Test Driver

my GS4 had the stock spoiler and I replaced it with the Junction Produce rear 3pc. Talk about a small spoiler, it didnt cover up any of the holes. Just have the holes patched up! Just as long as the work is clean, you will be fine
Old 02-10-04, 08:12 AM
ted920
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fellas:

I am thinking about taking of my OEM spoiler and going with eithe Wings West or the Sprt Design lip. I understand that either of these will not cover the holes from the OEM spoiler.

I have read that all you do is "patchup the holes" or " shave them".

Please pardon my ignoirance but what exactly are we talking about here?

Would the bidy shop need to take the trunk off the car and fix the holes then paint the whole trunk over or what?
what exactl would need to be done so that the holes are not visible and everything loks perfect?

Approximate cost to get the work done please as well.

Ted
Old 02-10-04, 08:36 AM
Letsride

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

Ted you will need to bring it to the shop for estimates but it'll probably be about $2-300. What needs to be done is fill the hole proffesionally, prime and then paint. This can be done with the lid still on the car and should be so that the painter can verify a proper blend area. Do not let them blend into the rear fenders.....thats not a good option.

Should take a day or 2 based on how busy the shop is.
Old 02-10-04, 09:28 AM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

Can someone please post some pics of their GS with the Lexus factory Sport Design rear lip spoiler and the rear window spoiler? I think that combo is too cute. I'm looking to get a spoiler on mine and was looking at the OEM spolier but everyone has that. I'd love to see some pics of the aforementioned spoilers together, especially on a Burnished Gold GS like mine.

Thanks guys!!!
Old 02-10-04, 09:37 AM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

I just saw the price for that SD Lip Spoiler.....

It's a bit much and I don't sell drugs so I'm not looking to spend that much on that mod.
Old 02-10-04, 09:56 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by walterwhiteiv
I just saw the price for that SD Lip Spoiler.....

It's a bit much and I don't sell drugs so I'm not looking to spend that much on that mod.
There is also the replica version for much cheaper.

http://www.spoilerdepot.com/Catalog....odelTemp=&idB=

What window spoiler are you talking about? Since you said window, I assume you meant the L-Sportline since the UGO sits on the roof part of the rear.

I have the UGO and considered the SD lip. I really like the SD lip but just thought the UGO would overwhelm it. I just think the roof spoiler should be smaller than the trunk spoiler. If you don't have the same hang up, then go for it.
Old 02-10-04, 09:56 AM
ted920
Lexus Champion

how much is the SD Lip SPoiler?

shouldn't be much sinc eits so small.

Letsride:

Do you mena that they would take off the OEM spoiler and put the new one on and then paint the whole thing with teh holes filled and then the trunk with the lip on at the same time or what?

Ted
Old 02-10-04, 09:57 AM
ted920
Lexus Champion

Is this a one day job?

Can it be done w/in 1 day?

Ted
Old 02-10-04, 10:11 AM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

Originally posted by Neo
There is also the replica version for much cheaper.

http://www.spoilerdepot.com/Catalog....odelTemp=&idB=

What window spoiler are you talking about? Since you said window, I assume you meant the L-Sportline since the UGO sits on the roof part of the rear.

I have the UGO and considered the SD lip. I really like the SD lip but just thought the UGO would overwhelm it. I just think the roof spoiler should be smaller than the trunk spoiler. If you don't have the same hang up, then go for it.
Both are nice, but that L-Sportline is hot. I think it's looks kind of nice with the SD Lip Spoiler but I do see where you are coming from. That window spoiler looks like it would overwhelm the lip spoiler.

I just bought the GS on December 17 and now that spring is getting close, I need to start the mods like rims, tires and spoilers. I guess I need to see more pics from different angles to make a decision, cuz I'll be a mad lil blasian if I have something installed and end up hating it. Also I don't want to do anything too costly, since I plan on trading it in next spring.

Quick Reply: I hate my GS400 spoiler...