GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

93 GS300 2jzgte Non VVTI Swap Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-16, 10:42 AM
trixunlmtd
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 GS300 2jzgte Non VVTI Swap Question

Hi everyone my name is Michael (I am new to the forum) I have 2 fairly simple questions to ask as I embark on this project of a build. I have not yet bought the car (picking it up today) but I want to make sure I am going through this all with a clear head.

I have read this thread (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...p-thread.html) in its entirety and did some other searching and I cannot find a clear answer to my question.

So for the 2jzgte non vvti swap when it comes to the body harness I need to extend it 20 inches to make it into the cabin of the car and I should not have to do anything else with the harness or re pinning.

My questions are
1) with that body harness extension do I have any wires that are shielded that have to be reshielded? I cannot find a clear answer on this and I do not want to be cutting and splicing shielded wires.
2) with the ECU harness it seems that it will not sit in the exact stock location but a bit offset to it, is that correct? is there any extension of the ecu harness needed at all?

Thank you for taking the time to read this (whomever within the forum) as I am a new member and I have tried to make sure I read up as much as I could before making this post.

I also plan to make a step by step walk through video in separate parts for those who are interested in doing the swap. I know its a fairly easy swap but I think if people saw how simple it was firsthand they would be more apt to take it on themselves.