GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Interior

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-16, 07:06 PM
Slickcam
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior

Does anyone know where I can get interior parts? I'm looks for door cards, center console, shift ****(auto) seats (driver and passenger), gauge cluster, thermo controls.

Almost everything haha.

On a side note, has anyone heard of using 'Kiwi Shoe Polish' for dying dash boards ect.?
Old 05-09-16, 11:39 AM
Mandrake
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If you use kiwi shoe polish for dying plastics, it'll rub off on your clothes. There is a company that makes a spray paint for changing color on vinyl and plastic interior pieces that I used before. It works well except it will scratch off so you want to avoid using it on the door pulls etc. I had some nasty friend with long fingernails like a crackhead and he would claw like a rat at the door pulls. It looks liked a horror movie when he got out of the car.
Old 05-09-16, 12:05 PM
2jzforme
Driver School Candidate

Where do you live? Here in Texas theres a 1st Gen Gs in just about every junkyard i go to
Old 05-09-16, 12:29 PM
Slickcam
Rookie

Originally Posted by Mandrake
If you use kiwi shoe polish for dying plastics, it'll rub off on your clothes. There is a company that makes a spray paint for changing color on vinyl and plastic interior pieces that I used before. It works well except it will scratch off so you want to avoid using it on the door pulls etc. I had some nasty friend with long fingernails like a crackhead and he would claw like a rat at the door pulls. It looks liked a horror movie when he got out of the car.
Is it that vht autozone stuff. I was looking into that as well, but wasn't sure of the quality.

And as far as you friend goes, I'd slap the **** out of someone clawing at anything on my cars...smh
Old 05-09-16, 12:30 PM
Slickcam
Rookie

Originally Posted by 2jzforme
Where do you live? Here in Texas theres a 1st Gen Gs in just about every junkyard i go to
Im in nor cal. We had one, but the interior matched mine and wasn't in good condition at all...and I want black
Old 05-10-16, 02:25 PM
2jzforme
Driver School Candidate

Black interior with the Dark Gray dash is extremely hard to find. Out of the last 15 GS's ive seen in the junkyard, only one hade the gray/black interior.
Old 05-10-16, 02:48 PM
Slickcam
Rookie

Originally Posted by 2jzforme
Black interior with the Dark Gray dash is extremely hard to find. Out of the last 15 GS's ive seen in the junkyard, only one hade the gray/black interior.
Damn that's not what I wanted to hear..
I'm thinking of just going to a custom opolstry shop and just getting everything done in black
Old 05-12-16, 08:03 PM
TRACKMKIII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Best place to check is definitely your local Pull-A-Part but even if you find the parts they will probably not be in good shape and finding black is next to impossible that's why I just had my seats reupholstered in black. They look great and you don't have to worry about peeling lome you would with the dye.
Old 05-12-16, 08:33 PM
Slickcam
Rookie

Originally Posted by TRACKMKIII
Best place to check is definitely your local Pull-A-Part but even if you find the parts they will probably not be in good shape and finding black is next to impossible that's why I just had my seats reupholstered in black. They look great and you don't have to worry about peeling lome you would with the dye.
I have been considering getting my complete interior redone in black, just not sure if I wanna spend that kinda money yet
Old 05-12-16, 08:43 PM
TRACKMKIII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

If you plan to keep the car for a while then it is definitely worth it!!
Old 05-12-16, 08:47 PM
Slickcam
Rookie

That's what I was thinking. My wifes car has really nice interior and it makes all the difference driving her car.

The only thing that sucks is I need everything redone. From carpets to headliner and everything in between
Old 05-29-16, 10:28 PM
djspock303
Driver

If you are wanting to DYE the interior or change color of the plastics, vinyl, or leathers there is only one product that beats out them all. SEM Color Coat, and that is most likely what a detail shop would use as well. Do some Youtube searching but you will find great results after proper prep work with SEM Color Coat products.

check out this old thread and the results - https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...lor-match.html

also people have had good results not great with duplicolor vinyl paint etc. Carpet dye process is a lot more involved but it can be done.

Last edited by djspock303; 05-29-16 at 10:32 PM.
Old 06-23-16, 12:50 AM
ProjektS13
Driver

What part of nor-cal are you from? Im also in nor-cal, must likely more north than you but I might be able to help you out.
Old 06-28-16, 03:15 AM
7one8
Driver School Candidate

+1 for the SEM, I like the Trim Black line and I have a lot of luck finding 1st gens around me at LKQ. Mine has the gray interior and I can't bring myself to paint it so I've been in the process of locating new interior parts myself to finish converting my interior to black as well. I picked up a tan armrest from here and prepped it but never got around to painting; I'll gladly take and post a few pics when I'm done. I'll try to get it done by this weekend.
Old 07-04-16, 05:22 PM
trdori
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ProjektS13
What part of nor-cal are you from? Im also in nor-cal, must likely more north than you but I might be able to help you out.
I'm norcal too!

Quick Reply: Interior