GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

New Recaro seats for GS300...

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-04, 07:49 AM
sillbeer
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Recaro seats for GS300...

I bought some new seats for the GS300. There dark brown leather Recaro's. Electrically controlled with air lumbar support in the lower, middle and upper part of your back. They also have built in heaters. They are very comfortable to sit in for long periods of time. Thats about all I know about them. Does anyone know the model # or maybe if they where stock seats in another vehicle or something? Thanks.

-Destin

Old 08-13-04, 11:19 AM
suprawhite
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Coolio, just want I wanted after my stock GS seats are worned out. Love them recaro seats
Old 08-13-04, 11:52 AM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

dam those controls are pimp. lol
Old 08-13-04, 12:47 PM
suprawhite
Advanced

Originally posted by Jmai22
dam those controls are pimp. lol
Hey buddy,
I'm planning to go fishing today at Balboa Pier. You can easily find me cuz i wear a "Compuware" cap
Old 08-13-04, 06:35 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

That is awesome Silbeer!
If you don't mind me asking, how much were they? Thanks
Old 08-13-04, 08:09 PM
sillbeer
Driver

50,000Y for both of them.

Hey Jeff. Do you think they can be fitted to the stock seat rails? The bottom is flate except for 2 plates that run across the bottom from side to side. One in the front and one in the back. The backrest moving forward and back is the only electrical part. They don't have an option to move forward and back. Can I keep the stock controls to move the entire seat forward and back? I was going to order the bride seat rails. They are only 26,000Y for a set for this car. The guy told me to just fab them to the stock seat rails.

-Destin
Old 08-13-04, 09:04 PM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by suprawhite
Hey buddy,
I'm planning to go fishing today at Balboa Pier. You can easily find me cuz i wear a "Compuware" cap
Serious? i just came back from there, caught 4 bonita's in about 3 hours. i was wearing a red stripey shirt with light grey cargos, and my girl was wearing a then see through pink tank top. you might have seen us. we were there from 3-6 or was it 4-7. i was standing at about 3/4 way out of the pier.
Old 08-14-04, 04:14 PM
Epik
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by sillbeer
50,000Y for both of them.

Hey Jeff. Do you think they can be fitted to the stock seat rails? The bottom is flate except for 2 plates that run across the bottom from side to side. One in the front and one in the back. The backrest moving forward and back is the only electrical part. They don't have an option to move forward and back. Can I keep the stock controls to move the entire seat forward and back? I was going to order the bride seat rails. They are only 26,000Y for a set for this car. The guy told me to just fab them to the stock seat rails.

-Destin
I doubt it bro. The stock seat rails are integrated into the bottom of the seat on the GS. I made my own platform and bracket with about a 4" lift for the Bride. I also used a cheap slider from a set of DAD (bobo) seats I had laying around. Since the car is down right now I can take measurements of the bracket I made and send to you, or I can fab you a few and just leave them undrilled for the sliders.. you can do that much

I used 2" wide 1/4" thick steel bar for mine.. I think on one bracket I went thru about 9 feet of the stuff.. Needed it to make the "hoops" the seat sits on for the 4" lift.

let me know.. my drivers seat is just sitting on the floor in the garage, I'll take another look at the stock brackets for you, but I think it is a no go.
Old 08-14-04, 09:16 PM
suprawhite
Advanced

Serious? i just came back from there, caught 4 bonita's in about 3 hours. i was wearing a red stripey shirt with light grey cargos, and my girl was wearing a then see through pink tank top. you might have seen us. we were there from 3-6 or was it 4-7. i was standing at about 3/4 way out of the pier.
Hmmm, I think I might of seen you 2....but wasnt paying close attention. Maybe next time buddy.....hehehe...I went just today from 3-6 and got about 20 bonitas with some friends and my sister.
Old 08-14-04, 09:56 PM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

haha, i was there from 3-7, were you standing at about 3/4 pier or at the end? what nationality are you, i might have seen you
Old 08-14-04, 10:35 PM
suprawhite
Advanced

haha, i was there from 3-7, were you standing at about 3/4 pier or at the end? what nationality are you, i might have seen you
I'm vietnamese, but I look filipino......hehehe. I always wear a cap that has the word "Compuware" on it. I was at the end of the pier, usually in the back of Ruby's or the right side of it.
Old 08-14-04, 10:44 PM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

i'm viet too. i took a walk around the pier trying to remember if i saw you or not, anyways i always stand at the left side of the pier facing ruby's at about 3/4 or 4/5 way out.
Old 08-15-04, 03:16 AM
Epik
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

geez..i'm glad your post has turned into the fishing channel, Destin

nice hijack guys
Old 08-15-04, 10:57 AM
suprawhite
Advanced

Hehehe, sorry Sillbeer. That be the last post about fishing in this thread
Old 08-15-04, 02:56 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Originally posted by Epik
geez..i'm glad your post has turned into the fishing channel, Destin

nice hijack guys
Yeah I agree, take this to your PM's. hahhahaha

Those seats are awesome! Find a way to get them on already.

Quick Reply: New Recaro seats for GS300...