GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Coming back to the Lexus??

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-14, 09:32 PM
Epik
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Coming back to the Lexus??

Well, after 5 or so years that my Aristo gte swap has been sitting in the garage since pulling from my 93 Drift GS (Anti-VIP thread)... it looks like I may be coming back.

I've gone back and forth from planning to swap it into my Z3 drift car (now sold, not swapped) to planning to swap it into my current 95 BMW 318ti (soon to be sold?? not swapped) and finally just posting the very complete swap anywhere from Craigslist to here on the Classifieds. I'm stubborn and refused to part the very complete package, not really needing to sell, but if I got my price they could have it. Never happened.

So I started looking around for another GS to drop it into and enjoy once again, figuring if it was cheap enough..how could I _NOT_ do it. I've missed that freight train pull of a reliable 400whp. And since the swap is so complete, it's pretty much a weekender..a little piping fab, and some exhaust work could push it, but I'm in no hurry.

Long story short, I think I'm going to pick up a nice low mileage 94 GS in my favorite color this weekend.

mini build thread will commence when (if) I do get it. But it will be a simple, nice, speedy cruiser. Fresh paint and nice wheels will just about be it. No drift sedan here. Tons of other cars out there for that, and I have had a lot of them..lol

Stay Tuned
Old 09-09-14, 12:14 PM
joewitafro
Racer

Received 265 Likes on 188 Posts

Awesome man!! Will sub to the build thread when you get going. I definitely love my GS so much, the power.. the feel... Seriously an iconic car
Old 09-09-14, 08:34 PM
Epik
Lexus Champion

Kind of the way i feel. Iconic car. So simple to modify, engine wise the Aristo swap is a no Brainer. Dead reliable, and truly makes the car a 4door supra. I was getting 25+mpg in my 93 back in the day, loaded with 3 full sets of tires, a jack and tools, cruising at 80mph to Atlanta once a month to drift (400miles). And that was pretty much a stock tune. . Could have been much stronger and more efficient for sure.
Will be a pleasure to be back in the GS300 again. My 318ti is fun as hell, and I'll miss it, but I'm building it's replacement right now from the ground up any way. So those manual shifting, corner carving urges will be satisfied and I can just enjoy cruising in the Lexus.
Old 09-12-14, 02:30 PM
Epik
Lexus Champion

Done. Long road trip starting at 4:45am, one flat on the trailer just after picking up the car, but here I am finally back at home.
1994 GS300 84k original miles in Indigo Blue Pearl/Gray leather.

I'll throw a pic or two up here as well soon. This was an NA-T car from way back, originally Wilkes-Barre, PA before being brought south and traded in at a Porsche dealership in Durham, NC. I'll be parting the NA-T goodies, fmic, turbo, piping, wastegate, manifold..etc since my Aristo swap is going in. The wheels (Mille Miglia 18s) are FS too.

Stay tuned
Old 09-12-14, 04:30 PM
joewitafro
Racer

Received 265 Likes on 188 Posts

HECK YES! that color sounds awesome man... Is this the new build thread? Lets see pictures ahaha. Any other goodies, like suspension or LSD with the car?
Old 09-12-14, 04:51 PM
Epik
Lexus Champion

I will start a build thread but here is a few pics for now. The paint is badly faded, but I will have the car shot. I really like the color as it is supposed to be.
It was turbo'd probably 10 yrs ago in PA. Looks to be an old FMax turbonetics kit, but the turbo has almost no shaft play, so it will be going up for sale. Lots of extras on the car too.
More details will be in the build thread.
No idea if it has an LSD, but no suspension that I can tell. Definitely not coilovers.

Last edited by Epik; 09-12-14 at 04:55 PM.
Old 09-16-14, 12:30 AM
Titten
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice car. Good luck with the new ride. And i agree, them wheels need a new home. Lol.