GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

What should I do?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-14, 04:24 PM
ComponY
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default What should I do?

I'm looking for suggestions on my '93 Lexus GS300 (white). I'm thinking more of exterior and interior mods for now. I'll get into the cold air intakes, swaps, and more performance items later.

I was thinking about a spoiler, head lights (preferably halos), brake light tint, front light tint (low), and more. I currently have my windows tinted, but had to remove my front window tint cause I got a ticket for it.

I was also thinking of messing with my exhaust. I think loud cars are nice for meetups. Kind of makes heads turn and sounds awesome. So now I'm looking for suggestions and things that I could do. Let me know, thanks!

What's Been Done:

- 18" Wheels with rims already on it (will save up for different ones soon).

What's Planned:

- I want to add matte black vinyl to the plate by the shift ****, ash tray, and around the radio etc in that center area.
- Maybe paint the Lexus symbol and words in the back, black... Also the front grill (chrome part).
- Get blue LED's put into my gauge area, and ones on the floor. Maybe have them hooked up to a switch for events or something.
- Replace some of my lights with either white or blue lights (the ones on the back by doors, the door lights, and then the big center one in the front on the ceiling).
- Paint my calipers blue (currently black).

P.S - I'll post pictures of the car tomorrow, thanks!
Attached Thumbnails What should I do?-photo-1-6-.jpg   What should I do?-photo-2-8-.jpg   What should I do?-photo-3-1-.jpg   What should I do?-photo-5-1-.jpg  

Last edited by ComponY; 07-17-14 at 08:19 PM.
Old 07-14-14, 07:58 PM
joewitafro
Racer

Received 273 Likes on 194 Posts

Definitely think of suspension and wheels... In my opinion the stance of these cars really makes them look good!

I say coilovers, find a quality japanese pair. Next is wheels and tires! Some people run 20's, some run 17's! But I think 18's look great for a performance aspect and quality of the ride considering you can get away with more sidewall.

As far as the exhaust, you could put a cut-out after the header and O2 sensor which you could open up either by removing a plate, or electronically, or boost activated if you go turbo in the future. This will allow you to retain your stock exhaust and mufflers behind the cutout so when it was closed your car would be quiet, but you could open it up for a louder, throatier sound.

Welcome to the forum and owning a GS! I really suggest you check out threads that are posted and use the search function widely, I still use it daily to help assist me with my build (which you could also check out for future mods!)
Old 07-14-14, 08:05 PM
luke5656
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should get seats out of an all black gs300. That would be cool. Also get newer wheels from a newer lexus.
Old 07-14-14, 08:58 PM
ComponY
Driver

Originally Posted by luke5656
You should get seats out of an all black gs300. That would be cool. Also get newer wheels from a newer lexus.
I saw someone on here with a white Lexus, and the black leather seats. I thought it looked so sweet! I might do that. Any idea of how cheap I could get them?
Old 07-14-14, 09:35 PM
Nixspeed
Lead Lap

Where at in CO are you? I'm in Broomfield. We could meet up and you could look over mine for some ideas.
Old 07-14-14, 10:45 PM
ComponY
Driver

Originally Posted by Nixspeed
Where at in CO are you? I'm in Broomfield. We could meet up and you could look over mine for some ideas.
Are you kidding me? I'm in Westminster. Right by you, literally. haha!
Old 07-14-14, 11:27 PM
houndawgbp
Pole Position

Trust me bro Nix is the go to guy. He's a pretty kick a$$ guy too.

I wouldn't do Halo, I had them on my accord for about a week and went back to stock. I recommend resurfacing your headlights (if their old and yellow) and getting a good high quality HID kit (not off eBay lol . )

If you're wanting to do custom back lit gauges as in change the bulbs they are type 74 t5 socket. I'll post up an eBay link for them. Mine are currently blue, they we're hyper white, I may try green next. The first 3 or 4 times installing them is a PITA trust me lol

I did a short ram eBay intake and she ran rich about a day then leveled out and gained about 5 hp and 3 mpg. I also did custom exhaust with new 2.5 " pipes to a single resonator to 2 magnaflow mufflers. As soon as I get time to get her up in the air im "fixing" my clogged converter. Ive netted close to 15 hp gain and about 5 mpg.

I was considering selling mine but now im not so im about to do body work and suspension. Im getting the aristo aero kit from duraflex and a Aristo 3 piece spoiler.

Welcome to the forum.
Old 07-14-14, 11:30 PM
houndawgbp
Pole Position

Check out this item I found on eBay: http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?n...938777&alt=web
Old 07-15-14, 12:34 AM
ComponY
Driver

Originally Posted by houndawgbp
Trust me bro Nix is the go to guy. He's a pretty kick a$$ guy too.

I wouldn't do Halo, I had them on my accord for about a week and went back to stock. I recommend resurfacing your headlights (if their old and yellow) and getting a good high quality HID kit (not off eBay lol . )

If you're wanting to do custom back lit gauges as in change the bulbs they are type 74 t5 socket. I'll post up an eBay link for them. Mine are currently blue, they we're hyper white, I may try green next. The first 3 or 4 times installing them is a PITA trust me lol

I did a short ram eBay intake and she ran rich about a day then leveled out and gained about 5 hp and 3 mpg. I also did custom exhaust with new 2.5 " pipes to a single resonator to 2 magnaflow mufflers. As soon as I get time to get her up in the air im "fixing" my clogged converter. Ive netted close to 15 hp gain and about 5 mpg.

I was considering selling mine but now im not so im about to do body work and suspension. Im getting the aristo aero kit from duraflex and a Aristo 3 piece spoiler.

Welcome to the forum.
Well he lives pretty damn close to me! So maybe I can meet up with him, learn, and also get some good ideas! Seems like a cool guy!

I was also thinking of an HID kit, and then some nice yellow lights for my fogs.

As for the blue lights, that's exactly what I'm talking about. Change the back lit lights of my speedometer etc. Then I also want to install some lights on my floor (driver, and passenger side), and maybe have a switch to turn them off and on. That would be awesome.

I was thinking about buying like a $100 spoiler. Something on this page:

http://www.carid.com/1993-lexus-gs-spoiler/
Old 07-15-14, 01:32 AM
Nixspeed
Lead Lap

Thanks for the kind words. Yeah I think if we meet up you can look over my car and see what you do and don't like. Then decide the path you want to take yours.

I run the morimoto hid kit and I've worked on several cats with them. Their quality is top notch and they have a variety of "colors" to choose from.

Also I may be selling my wheels soon if you're looking for some 19s.
Old 07-15-14, 02:07 AM
houndawgbp
Pole Position

Ive ran VVME HID kits for almost 10 years now. I would go with 5000 K .

Yeah the Speedo lights take time to learn and get quick with it. I can do it in about half hour now.

All my courtesy lights (footwell, door etc) are now all LED too. I'll try to take pics tomorrow, dang rain.

Those top 2 spoilers are not bad!
Old 07-15-14, 10:00 AM
ComponY
Driver

Originally Posted by Nixspeed
Thanks for the kind words. Yeah I think if we meet up you can look over my car and see what you do and don't like. Then decide the path you want to take yours.

I run the morimoto hid kit and I've worked on several cats with them. Their quality is top notch and they have a variety of "colors" to choose from.

Also I may be selling my wheels soon if you're looking for some 19s.

Yeah, that would be awesome! This is my first car, and actually, I always thought it was a piece of ****. The previous owner didn't take care of it. So I had to replace almost everything (transmission, water pump, hoses, and much more).

It would be nice to check it out and see what I can do. I went ahead and sent over a PM to you with some of my information.
Old 07-15-14, 06:12 PM
houndawgbp
Pole Position

Im in the same boat the old lady my friend got the car from left the car outside uncovered over a year destroying the seats and paint. Then my friend smoked in the car so I spent almost 6 hours cleaning it.
Old 07-15-14, 08:48 PM
ComponY
Driver

Originally Posted by houndawgbp
Im in the same boat the old lady my friend got the car from left the car outside uncovered over a year destroying the seats and paint. Then my friend smoked in the car so I spent almost 6 hours cleaning it.
My paint is peeling on top pretty damn bad. I was thinking of just buying some paint and doing it myself. Then the black around my windows is also peeling.

I've smoked in my car before, but not cigarettes... So I just air it out (the interior is horrible from the previous owner too).
Old 07-15-14, 08:56 PM
houndawgbp
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ComponY

I've smoked in my car before, but not cigarettes... So I just air it out (the interior is horrible from the previous owner too).

well you are in colorado. lucky a$$ lol

Quick Reply: What should I do?