Rack and Pinion: Pressure Return and Feed tube

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-13, 07:27 PM
dal_lexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rack and Pinion: Pressure Return and Feed tube

Hi,

I have a 1995 Lexus GS 300 and I replacing my rack and pinion. I initially found the DIY instructions from this forum from D3AN. It was very helpful.

I goofed off by not writing the details when I removed the pressure feed tube and pressure return tube from the rack and pinion (please see the attached pictures). I have two banjo bolt - a brass banjo bolt and a metal banjo bolt, a double loop copper gasket and two metal washer (see attached jpg for bolt).

My question is - 1) which bolt goes to which hole on the rack and pinion?
2) which bolt matches with which gasket/washer?

I am afraid to mis-match the banjo bolt with the wrong gasket or washer. Thank you in advance for all the help.
Attached Thumbnails Rack and Pinion: Pressure Return and Feed tube-img_bolt_1.jpg   Rack and Pinion: Pressure Return and Feed tube-img_bolt_2.jpg   Rack and Pinion: Pressure Return and Feed tube-img_rackandpinion.jpg  
Old 11-26-13, 12:43 PM
Felixmanx
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dal_lexus
Hi,

I have a 1995 Lexus GS 300 and I replacing my rack and pinion. I initially found the DIY instructions from this forum from D3AN. It was very helpful.

I goofed off by not writing the details when I removed the pressure feed tube and pressure return tube from the rack and pinion (please see the attached pictures). I have two banjo bolt - a brass banjo bolt and a metal banjo bolt, a double loop copper gasket and two metal washer (see attached jpg for bolt).

My question is - 1) which bolt goes to which hole on the rack and pinion?
2) which bolt matches with which gasket/washer?

I am afraid to mis-match the banjo bolt with the wrong gasket or washer. Thank you in advance for all the help.
It looks like one bolt it bigger then the other... One washer is slightly larger too. I could be wrong,,,
Old 12-10-13, 08:08 AM
dal_lexus
Driver School Candidate

Update: I am not mechanic but I was able to replace my rack & pinion, brake rotor, and upper control arms with the help of this forum DIYs and write ups. Thank you all for posting valuable information.