GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Been MIA for a while but finnally got some pics!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-12, 12:16 PM
Stan93gs
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Been MIA for a while but finnally got some pics!

My 93 GS300, I'm about to do the lower ball joints then I'm on the road finally!

The center console is in rough shape...Both rear windows are shot...But that's about it

200k and runs like a champ
Old 03-04-12, 02:39 PM
Stan93gs
Driver School Candidate

Next comes
-struts and springs
-control arms
-inner & outer tie rods
-sway bar links

As money allows...
Old 03-04-12, 07:43 PM
Jussjoshin
Pole Position

Lookin good!!!
Old 03-04-12, 08:12 PM
wpb_shaun
Driver School Candidate

Super clean interior considering the snowy surroundings!
Old 03-04-12, 08:32 PM
Carfreak70
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks good man! I am jealous of the heated seats
Old 03-07-12, 11:06 PM
Stan93gs
Driver School Candidate

Well, I got my baljoints on Tuesday and it was surprisingly easy thanks to a DIY thread.... But I still have crazy vibration at 45-50 mph, I have no idea what it's from, it's not a tire or anything stupid like that... The steering in kinda funky too. All know to do is start throwing money at the steering and suspension, I kinda wanna get an alignment but I can't imagine that would fix it unless it's that bad, I don't wanna waste money.... New parts wouldn't be a waste of money but I'm pretty cash-strapped right now so it would be nice to not have to buy all new steering and suspension right now...
Old 03-08-12, 06:05 PM
Carfreak70
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Stan93gs
Well, I got my baljoints on Tuesday and it was surprisingly easy thanks to a DIY thread.... But I still have crazy vibration at 45-50 mph, I have no idea what it's from, it's not a tire or anything stupid like that... The steering in kinda funky too. All know to do is start throwing money at the steering and suspension, I kinda wanna get an alignment but I can't imagine that would fix it unless it's that bad, I don't wanna waste money.... New parts wouldn't be a waste of money but I'm pretty cash-strapped right now so it would be nice to not have to buy all new steering and suspension right now...
Sounds dumb but check your transmission mount and motor mounts. They're prone to breaking
Old 03-11-12, 02:44 PM
Stan93gs
Driver School Candidate

OK, here's an update. @Carfreak70- motor and tranny mounts checked out but thnx for the suggestion, I wouldn't have thought to check them. After taking both front wheels off and resting it on some jack stands, it was quite apparent that I have a toe in issue. Measuring from the rotor to the frame there's a 5/8" difference. I don't know a lot about toe but I read some positive toe is supposed to be good for handling but I'm thinking this is a bit much...

I also don't know if it means anything but the driver side tie rod has almost an inch more of exposed threads than the passenger. To me that would seem like a good reason for toe in. But I don't know if that even matters. Maybe some dork changed a tie rod and didn't know what they were doing.

I really need to get this bioch on the road asap. So I'm thinkin of crossing my fingers and taking a chance getting both wheels balanced and checked that one's not bent or something and then just go for an alignment. Is this a flawed plan? I mean could the toe in issue really cause this crazy vibration at 45-50mph? (up to 60, I haven't tried going over 60) I'm sure that's what's up with the steering but not so sure about the vibration. It seems pretty up in the air to me.