Search this Thread

Old 08-14-11, 01:34 AM
azndreamx
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation windshield wiper problem

94' GS300

Hey all,

I have a problem with my windshield wipers. I dont remember when it all started but when I turn my wipers on, they turn on but goes out of control. When it wipes up, it the driver's wipers hit the side window panel, and when it wipes back down, it hits past the point where it shouldn't.

Would anyone know a solution to this? I thought it was the windshield wiper motor so i changed it both with a new one, and its still the same way.
Old 08-18-11, 10:38 AM
techtalk
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by azndreamx
94' GS300

Hey all,

I have a problem with my windshield wipers. I dont remember when it all started but when I turn my wipers on, they turn on but goes out of control. When it wipes up, it the driver's wipers hit the side window panel, and when it wipes back down, it hits past the point where it shouldn't.

Would anyone know a solution to this? I thought it was the windshield wiper motor so i changed it both with a new one, and its still the same way.
azndreamx,

It sounds like you just have to adjust your wind shield wipers. Here is how you go about doing that (in case you don't know):

1. Place the keys in the ignition, turn the keys to accessory mode (key-on/engine off), and make sure the wiper motor switch is in the off position. Turn the ignition switch to the off position and remove the keys. The wiper arms are now in their parked position, although may not be properly aligned.

2. Access the bottom of the compromised wiper blade arm. Locate the retaining nut at the bottom of the wiper arm assembly. (refer to this '94 GS300 windshield wiper diagram)

3. Hold the wiper arm stable with one hand and remove the nut with the ratchet and a socket with the other.

4. Wiggle the wiper arm gently with one hand while gently prying the base of the arm off of the splined wiper arm stud. The stud has small splines that hold the wiper arm in the correct position unless otherwise compromised. The wiper arm will feel secured to the stud, but the combination of wiggling (gently) and prying with the screwdriver will work to remove the arm.

5. Place the wiper arm back onto the splined wiper arm stud by positioning it in the off position.

6. Replace the retaining nut and tighten with the ratchet and socket. Repeat this procedure for the other wiper arm if desired.

7. Use two sets of pliers to bend the wiper arm back into position if the wiper arm has been bent. Hold the wiper arm with one set of pliers to anchor it and use the other set to bend it so the wiper is perpendicular to the windshield

That covers the adjustment procedure. Have you inspected the blades themselves to ensure that they aren't warped?