GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

93 gs300, its beat up, slowly fixing it

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-11, 08:31 AM
m1k3yg
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Deknick - it was on the bottom of the struts, but theyre being replaced soon!
Djmaru - thanks man, I got more comin soon
Slammd - I never had a honda its my first car lol
USMCgs3 - im keepin it, even tho the car's beat someone broke into it like 2 months ago, for what im not sure, but they didnt take anything
Old 07-14-11, 05:13 AM
m1k3yg
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Turbo147
i have a few parts im selling.. Window regulators, correct horns.. door pannels idk.. a ton of stuff.. hope you get it all squared away.. keep the hustle up
Ah! Then youre the man im lookin for! I need lf and rr window regulators, drivers door panel with clips, window molding for drivers side, bumper, pm me and let me know what you have!
Old 07-15-11, 07:06 PM
m1k3yg
Lead Lap

I have a big issue guys, everytime the shifter goes on drive a 10amp fuse blows and my cluster completely shuts off and the tranny wont go past 1st gear, other than that, everything else is fine, idk what it is but its a real hassle please help!
Old 07-16-11, 02:13 PM
djMaru
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by m1k3yg
I have a big issue guys, everytime the shifter goes on drive a 10amp fuse blows and my cluster completely shuts off and the tranny wont go past 1st gear, other than that, everything else is fine, idk what it is but its a real hassle please help!
im sure there is loose wiring somewhere or or get used good wiring harness.
Old 07-16-11, 02:33 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

gl on the build! what are your plans?
Old 07-16-11, 05:33 PM
m1k3yg
Lead Lap

@djMaru well today i decided to do a bit of a test, I bridged the fuse so it wouldnt turn off the gauges and pretty much it only does it when the "D" lights up on the cluster, it was shiftin fine, BUT I just got home from work n it worked fine til I got here, well I put it on d again, let it sit for a bit, smacked the center console around, then on top of the cluster and voila! It all lit up when I hit the top of the cluster, I have a suspicion that some solder that was left inside of it when I tried to do a ghetto led swap is the culprit, so ill get on that later tonight
@jadu well while i'm still deciding on swapping or not the definite mods im doin is:
W58 swap
Intercooler, single turbo, cold air intake, lsd (not sure if it already has one) cam, coilovers, supra brakes, full exhaust, as of cosmetics, metallic black paintjob, light blue calipers, clear headlights (in process), hids, maybe tints, and also throwin a set of 18 inch enkei t-fork.s with low profiles, amp and sub cuz I already got kickers on the doors and the head unit, so not too big on the luxury look, more of a sports look
Old 07-20-11, 05:43 AM
m1k3yg
Lead Lap

So in the meantime, this is what my engine looks like

also, what are these plugs for? The white piece by the pliers was just laying there inside, its a connector but it had no wires on it

and in the meantime waitin to get paid again, I decided to do this since I had extra headlights in the trunk and I have to get new ones

@deknick what bits for the dremel did you use to deline the headlight lens? Im kinda stuck
Old 07-27-11, 07:35 AM
m1k3yg
Lead Lap

Thumbs down

So last night I took a long trip to a mcdonalds that's maybe about 45 minutes away from here, when I was on the way back, while I was slowing down goin downhill, I felt more violent shaking than before, and a loud noise before it started, well, turns out my right upper ball joint separated from the control arm, so im ordering both control arms from ebay today and replacing them as soon as I get them
Old 07-27-11, 07:45 AM
CallmeQ
Driver

Dammmmn that sucks, glad you didnt wreck the car or anything like that. I remember my lower ball joint separated while I was going around a turn at 50mph. I was in mid sentence showing my gf my new phone and BANG then we skidded to a stop. The fender ate the wheel and my tire damn near exploded. Keep an eye on those lowers since they may be ready to go bad too.

Also that plug in you picture may be for the cigarette lighter and light. I'm not sure why there is more than one though. I'll look it up when I get the chance.
Old 07-27-11, 08:12 AM
m1k3yg
Lead Lap

Yea im actually plannin on changing all the ball joints, apparently the previous owners didnt care Bout the car, and the 2 plugs on the left are the ones for the cigarette lighter, the ones on the right is the ones I wanna know about
Old 08-29-11, 06:56 AM
m1k3yg
Lead Lap

Well I haven't been on here in a while, I see also no one has answered yet lol, but i've had a couple issues, my alternator decided to act up and almost fried my head unit, im getting 19 volts through the head unit harness, also, the plugs for the abs sensors in the front are nowhere to.be found, and the plugs for the foglights gone too, I took them out, opened them and they were both full of rust water. Im currently waiting on my financial aid refund to finally fix my whole suspension and move on to the other problems. the deadly airbag light has been on for about a month now, and for some reason when my alternator was going bad, the airbag and cruise lights were flashing all the time. Also i'd like some guidance on how to take the cruise control module out since this is pretty much useless for me. And last but not least, where would I be able to find the line that goes from the canister to the ac condenser? (the one with the cap that has an h on it) I was told at meineke this is a dealer sold part?
Old 08-29-11, 12:12 PM
fuzzzz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DUDE, that is such a good deal. For the price, I think it's a steal. And just slowly fix it up with time and determination
Old 08-30-11, 07:19 PM
m1k3yg
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by fuzzzz
DUDE, that is such a good deal. For the price, I think it's a steal. And just slowly fix it up with time and determination
Yeah the previous owner wanted to junk it, I said no way dude i'll give you what they're giving you and it's mine! It's a bit hard since it's the only car I have, so it's my daily. mods coming soon though!
Old 09-09-11, 07:23 PM
m1k3yg
Lead Lap

I was told by a mechanic that I needed camshaft bearings and thats why the clicking noise comes from the timing belt cover (or at least around that area) would anyone here happen to know where I could get them from and wether it's an easy fix or not?
Old 09-10-11, 07:10 AM
JZSARISTO
Pole Position

Camshaft bearing? Change your oil asap and see if the noise goes away if not it could be your oil pump it could be full of oil residue and the oil does not flow how it has to causing you that noise and everything under your hood is easy to fix. Rislone helps. Its an engine treatment.

Quick Reply: 93 gs300, its beat up, slowly fixing it