GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Its Official - 1ST Generation GS300/Aristo adjustable Upper Control Arms

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-09, 06:16 PM
boxcarfan
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

there the exact same UCA. i was talking with SPC and a dealer with them.
Old 10-15-09, 07:51 AM
Triple C
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by celm
so if your going to put lowering springs,and a set of 20 in rims.these control arms are pretty much a must to get the car stearing geomtry to spec?
Not really you can get away with it but it will put all you suspension components into a new sitting spot and cause the old stuff to deteriorate a little faster. you should be fine just lowering with Springs and 20's but as almost all will tell you if your alignment is even a little off you will get excess tire wear. the width and offset of your rims will also play into factor. I got the UCA's mainly for when i bag it.
Old 10-15-09, 09:40 AM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad a few of you guys are running the 2gen arms. It confirms my article confirming they fit !
Old 10-20-09, 09:26 AM
Lexinton
Driver

Okay...this thread is of mad importance to me! I've got eibach springs with stock shocks (I know, I know...that's changing soon!), and sitting on the 18" OEM SC430 wheels and I've already gone through 2 performance tires in the rear. Had my alignment done, and although I don't have the print out anymore, I was told that between running the springs, and being on factory shocks I would experience some camber issues that would deteriorate the tires.

So to confirm - SPC makes adjustable upper control arms that are for the 1st Gen-GS? These aren't the ones that are in the group by section where the application is for the 2nd Gen-GS? Regardless, it seems (as twojayzee has posted) that the 2gen arms work so I would be safe ordering these correct?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...our-tires.html

I'm figuring to get this setup for both front and rear to be safe.
Old 10-20-09, 09:33 AM
Triple C
Lead Lap

IMO I am not sure if you need to do much with the rear. Plus with the setup you have you should be fine without the Arms. IF you go Lower you can correct the camber but many have survived without. If i was you i would Get Coilovers and eat some tire
Old 10-20-09, 09:51 AM
Lexinton
Driver

Originally Posted by Triple C
IMO I am not sure if you need to do much with the rear. Plus with the setup you have you should be fine without the Arms. IF you go Lower you can correct the camber but many have survived without. If i was you i would Get Coilovers and eat some tire
I'm not planning to go any lower, but as already mentioned, my car seems to have more than the 1.5" drop that the Eibach's are suppose to provide. Maybe it's just me...I haven't measured it so can't confirm.

So you would say that I really don't need to get the the rear control arms? Then why is my camber creating such a problem for my tires - rear especially. I know that I am experiencing feathering on all four tires, but the rear driver side one is the culprit that has exploded twice! Any ideas? Would installing some KYB shocks help this any, or is coilovers the best way to go?
Old 10-20-09, 11:05 AM
Triple C
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Lexinton
I'm not planning to go any lower, but as already mentioned, my car seems to have more than the 1.5" drop that the Eibach's are suppose to provide. Maybe it's just me...I haven't measured it so can't confirm.

So you would say that I really don't need to get the the rear control arms? Then why is my camber creating such a problem for my tires - rear especially. I know that I am experiencing feathering on all four tires, but the rear driver side one is the culprit that has exploded twice! Any ideas? Would installing some KYB shocks help this any, or is coilovers the best way to go?
Something else must be wrong. this sounds Just like my front passenger side. No matter really what i do it still eats tires faster then the other 3 corners. i would look under it and to see if anything has excess where. I would like you said look at the shocks to see if one side is softer as it would bounce more - create more camber and wear faster. again you dont need the arms YET
Old 10-20-09, 05:07 PM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

I know that I am experiencing feathering on all four tires...
I presume you had a 4wheel thrust alignment done after the drop ?
Old 10-20-09, 05:09 PM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Okay...this thread is of mad importance to me! I've got eibach springs with stock shocks (I know, I know...that's changing soon!), and sitting on the 18" OEM SC430 wheels and I've already gone through 2 performance tires in the rear. Had my alignment done, and although I don't have the print out anymore, I was told that between running the springs, and being on factory shocks I would experience some camber issues that would deteriorate the tires.

So to confirm - SPC makes adjustable upper control arms that are for the 1st Gen-GS? These aren't the ones that are in the group by section where the application is for the 2nd Gen-GS? Regardless, it seems (as twojayzee has posted) that the 2gen arms work so I would be safe ordering these correct?

I'm figuring to get this setup for both front and rear to be safe.
Boxcarfan said he spoke to SPC and said they are the one in the same.
They dont make a rear kit yet though.
Old 08-07-14, 10:13 PM
RSheridan9
Driver School Candidate

Hey so i am in the market for new upper control arms as well. I am running TEIN coilovers on my 02 GS300. Up front ive got 20's wrapped with 235x30x20 Falkens. I was looking at the SPC and the Megan Racing upper control arms. SPC is a little more expensive ive noticed, but do you think it was worth it? Ive got some tire issues with the Toe wear getting to be extreme. Thank you.
Old 08-08-14, 07:22 AM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RSheridan9
Hey so i am in the market for new upper control arms as well. I am running TEIN coilovers on my 02 GS300. Up front ive got 20's wrapped with 235x30x20 Falkens. I was looking at the SPC and the Megan Racing upper control arms. SPC is a little more expensive ive noticed, but do you think it was worth it? Ive got some tire issues with the Toe wear getting to be extreme. Thank you.
So I've had both. There are pluses and minuses for each. The megan arms are nicer IMO.
The balljoints are far superior to the SPC's. The arms are thicker and don't have nearly the clearance between them and the frame. So if your really low, use the SPC's.
Seriously the Ball joints are the SPC's are absolute garbage. HTH's