boostedGS
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

very very NIIIIICE!!!!
Old 09-21-09, 05:46 PM
celm
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is that the factory lexus silver you used when u repainted it?
Old 09-21-09, 06:31 PM
gs300pnp

Default thanks !

Thanks to all of you, I'm able to identify the small details that make or break a trophy winning car. There are a few flaws to work out but in due time.

The interior is definitely different. Even for me. Nevertheless, the seat functions are excellent, comfortable and keep you secure.

The paint is OEM paint color. The body prep is critical to achieve a mirror like finish. There are flaws I can see which to many would be unnoticeable. most of which are on the polyurethane parts. These will get corrected over the winter.

The aftermarket for this generation in extremely limited. Because of this, getting sponsors or magazine coverage is rare. For those who have achieved this, kudo' to you! you're doing something right or know the right people. Many CL memebers are big into the VIP scene, this hurts the performance aftermarket for the first gen.

The first gen suspension and over all design was meant for high performance. With the right engine and suspension tweaks, you can have one of the best sleepers around! Unfortunately, this comes with a ridiculous price.

If you're thinking about modding the first gen... consider what you want more, the performance or the look? My original intention was performance but after seeing the transformation of the engine finish, I broke the bank and went for the body restore. So the car has the show and the go. Oh... the six speed setup is in the works!

Getting time off this summer was very hard, I've been super busy with my business and have not driven the car much. I don't think I've even put 200 miles on it this season. Last year was even less. The open meets are fun to attend and other fund raisers (cancer society, diabetes, etc..) where I'm asked to show the car.

Anyway, thank you for the kind words! Its made the journey worth all the pains and cost!
Old 09-24-09, 12:43 AM
hawaiidude
Pole Position

damnn i am jealous -__- lol
Old 09-24-09, 07:27 AM
Dan@FSM
Driver

Beautiful. Finally, a 1g with some ***** where everyone else is like hey check out my 20" wheels and tied knot hanging from my rear view. Is this the car the SP (or was it BL)built?
Let me know if you have any questions on the V160 swap, I did it in my GS
Old 09-24-09, 01:56 PM
gs300pnp

Default Thanks Dan!

Dam! I knew there are more of you out there who thought the same way!

This is the car I started to build and SP completed. Again, the intent was to race this car. It just so happens that I gave SP the liberty to make this car very unique. They got a little carried away :-)

Since the engine turned out the way it did, the shell was in great shape to begin with so I went for broke (literally broke!)

I find it much more fun to drive the car than to look at it! I do have different sets of wheels for different occassions. lol.

It does get on the drag strip and you have to be here to see what happens to the crowd when this car stages and the board lights up a 10 sec pass. I don't get a chance to take it on the highway and run it at 8200 rpms anymore. Too much traffic in the Chicago area. Covering 3 miles around 180 sec's is an amazing experince! I wont be doing this any more and anytime soon and will sure miss it!

With the right stiff suspension and settings and smooth straight hwyways, you would be surprise how well the MKI's tracks. Its extremely stable! If I had the funds, I'd set it up for the Salt Flats and see just how fast this thing can go.

Keep in mind, I use to be into the big V8's still am and this is my first turbo.
So I do miss the simple engines, gas, starter, steering wheel, big displacement, carburators and 100 leaded octane and sometimes water injection. But I'll have to admit the electronic controls and tunablity is an amazing thing to happen to the auto world and it keeps getting better.

As for the manual swap, the only thing I'm stuck on is the clutch pedal and clutch master cylinder. I'll PM you.

Thanks again for supporting something different than the VIP thang!

Paul

Originally Posted by Dan@FSM
Beautiful. Finally, a 1g with some ***** where everyone else is like hey check out my 20" wheels and tied knot hanging from my rear view. Is this the car the SP (or was it BL)built?
Old 09-24-09, 05:40 PM
Fash00
Driver

Originally Posted by Dan@FSM
Please PM me info on doing the 6 spd swap as im in process of building a 1st gen with a built gte and am really debating the 6 spd if i can get some more info
Old 09-24-09, 07:51 PM
gs300cky
Lead Lap

SICK!!!!! i love the nice shiny chrome engine thats truly UNIQUE!! i first didnt like the wheels but they flow with the car so much i love em!!!!
Old 09-24-09, 08:11 PM
Dan@FSM
Driver

If you guys have questions on the 6 spd just hit me up. For some reason I'm limited to 10 pm's, in/out....idk why. But its pretty straight forward. I used the mkiv supra clutch pedal, brake pedal won't work so don't bother buying it---just cut your foot pad down to where the rubber pad fits on it. You'll have to make a bracket and weld it to the main dash support bar behind the lower panel, pretty simple. The biggest issue is since these cars were never meant for a clutch pedal the firewall isn't flat where the master cylinder pushes through so you gotta "massage" the metal to be flat but not all that hard. Other than that normal cutting of the tunnel, I thought I had to do the tunnel swap like you find in a mkiv 6 spd swap but I got away without doing so but you need to get creative with getting the hole (that you need to cut back) covered up. Gotta bang out the tunnel a bit. Biggest issue is not having an ebrake, I haven't worked on it yet but sc/mkiv cables use a different style and there's no place for a hand brake. You'll need the front half of the 6spd driveshaft and it need to be extended eitehr 10.5 or 11.5 inches...I forget which. Other than that and getting final drive gearing correct your all set, I used the 98+ gs400 3.23 gearing with TRD LSD and FSMoto solid diff bushings
Guess I pretty much gave out all the tricks, any other questions let me know!
Old 09-24-09, 08:17 PM
Chancellor
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

looks good man, lots of nice work has gone into that car.
Old 09-24-09, 08:25 PM
chrispy

Received 78 Likes on 37 Posts

Amazing attention to detail! That's one clean 1st gen.
Old 09-25-09, 11:10 PM
VIP_LEX
Pole Position

It's unreal how much work has been put into this car, looks amazing. Right down to the VIN plate!
Old 09-26-09, 06:11 AM
gsquare
Driver School Candidate

most def. the nicest GS/Aristo setup ever I've see on this side... way too hot bruh. it's on fiyah
Old 09-26-09, 04:15 PM
TheMole
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Beautiful car + excellent photography = Breathtaking!
Old 10-10-09, 11:40 AM
weedy219
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pm me are email me on how to do the gs from auto to manual please anyone weedy219@aol.com. thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: new pictures!