GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Is it worth making the 2jzge turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-08, 12:08 AM
jroman32
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Is it worth making the 2jzge turbo?

Hey wassup everyone,.,, New to the Clublexus website but i been on and off reading and gaing great knowledge from you guys and advise by just reading and seeing all the diffrent forums on here,,,I have a 1995 GS300 i been working on slowly but slowly ,, and i think im ready to take my car to another level..,,.,

I was just wondering if its worth making the 2jzge motor in my GS300 turbo?
I know from what i heard from peoples that you have to buy a 2jzGT ECU, or get it the ECU re-map for turbo? Down pipe and intercooler,, ect

Is it worth buying a Turbo kit for the 2jzge or should it be better going with the JDM 2JzGT... Im more than positive its better going with the JDM motor but i actually got a turbo kit for the 2jzge that i brought recently and was wondering is it worth slapping it on my motor which has 191.121 mile on the DASH????

Thanks guys ,.,.,.,.,,,[/B][/B]
Old 09-21-08, 12:47 AM
deknick
Lead Lap

if you already have the kit, you might as well use it, it's better to go big single anyway

i can't wait to go big singal, i'm just wanting to push the stockers to thier limits and get the most power outta those.

if your going to go GTE, you might as well get a USDM 2JZ, the steel wheels are better
Old 09-21-08, 06:07 AM
jroman32
Rookie

Default thans

Hey thanks for replying to my thread,,, Trust me i would love to install the turbo kit on my gs300,, the only thing is since im not a mechanic,, unfort ,, im gonna pay anywhere in betwwen 500 -$1000.00 just to install this kit.. and i would really hate for my motor to blow 1 month later or my tranny dieing on me and losing that great hard earning money
,.,, i was thinking about rebuilding my tranny and also buying bigger injectors for my 2jzge?? not really sure what style of injectors cause i know they make several diff types,, I Really apprecialte any honest and profressional feedback to help me complete this install,,, Photos will be posted soon of what im driving now.,., I have White Pearl on top and a Gun metal on the Bottom.,., 2- tone , and i just order a Full complete body kit with a really nice spoiler and the JDM window visors and eyelids,,,,, I havent installed yet because im waiting on all the parts to get here so i could take it to the AUTO body all at once to SAVE MONEY,.,.,.,.LOL.,,, again thanks for your feedback and photos will be potsted sooooooooooooooonn,.,.,.,.
Old 09-21-08, 10:48 AM
Toyboxx
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I suggest clubna-t.com, go there and do much learning. There a really big help when going NA-T. IMO I'd go NA-T over doing the USDM 2JZ swap. Or if your dead set on doing a swap, go with the Aristo 2JZ swap. There's many choices/routes you can go. It just depends on how deep your pocket is.

But anyways, Welcome to CL, hope you enjoy your visit.
Old 09-21-08, 04:07 PM
jroman32
Rookie

hey thanks.,.,, will go to that website shortly ,,. and hopefully it will guide me to makin my GS300 turbo the correct way,.,.,.,
Old 09-22-08, 01:28 PM
jroman32
Rookie

Does anybody have any Past Suggestions or install problems...doing the 2jzge turbo.,.., thanks.,.,.
Old 09-23-08, 03:20 AM
tim8oland
Pole Position

i'm planning on doing the same. keep me posted on your results. how many miles are on your GS??
Old 09-23-08, 09:54 AM
2JzGs300
Driver School Candidate

just buy the jdm motor, use your tranny , have a shop install it for around 500 and your done , if anything goes wrong then go after the shop
Old 09-23-08, 06:55 PM
jroman32
Rookie

I was gonna buy the JDM motor but i was told im needing alot more than just the motor,, tranny , ECU, Complete wire harness,, ect,,,, I post this thread hoping someone from the 1st generation family have gone threw this experience before and was willing to help a team member out .,,.

To be honest i have alot of parts at my place already to start rebuilding my 2jzge motor
New oil pump..
New Timing belt kit ( complete Kit )
Turbo kit
Head Gasket
New unorthodox light weight Pulleys ( 3 piece ) ect

O by the way ,.., my complete full body kit arrived today ,.,.,. Will post photos when painted and installed

1st generation team - Orlando FL
Old 09-28-08, 10:55 AM
jroman32
Rookie

Any body ???????????
Old 09-28-08, 04:53 PM
Dan@FSM
Driver

Originally Posted by 2JzGs300
just buy the jdm motor, use your tranny , have a shop install it for around 500 and your done , if anything goes wrong then go after the shop
LOL, yea ok. I think it's funny how people actually think for one, that shop's will do jobs of this nature for this cheap, and two that its simply easy to go after a shop if anything goes wrong. Good luck pal

And yeah. Keep the GE motor in there. They are more than capable of making great power.....we have the record AFAIK on a bone stock motor at 700.1 whp.
Old 09-28-08, 05:02 PM
ElitistK
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you're going for a power level that will require a standalone, then yes keep the ge motor.

you should also be able to get away with a piggyback as well, just need a good tune w/ different maps.

i highly recommend gte-style manifold and piping as well.
Old 10-02-08, 06:24 AM
jroman32
Rookie

Thanks you guys for the love,, im not trying to compete or race this GS300 ,, just looking to give a little more power and that turbo needing feeling so show The People in orlando and wherever i go that we ( 1st generation ) are still here and STRonG..lol.. man, i should be a sponsor for LEXUS,.,,.
If any body got any other ideas on what steps to make this GE motor a better motor or parts that are needing to be replace when i do put the turbo install ,, let a team member know,, thanks for everything guys.,.,

1st Generation Family - Orlando FL
Old 05-18-09, 07:02 AM
nissan4eve
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Dan@FSM
LOL, yea ok. I think it's funny how people actually think for one, that shop's will do jobs of this nature for this cheap, and two that its simply easy to go after a shop if anything goes wrong. Good luck pal

And yeah. Keep the GE motor in there. They are more than capable of making great power.....we have the record AFAIK on a bone stock motor at 700.1 whp.

Well you might have the highest hp GE motor there, but not here in Texas.
My friend is pulling 750hp on EA85 in his 2jz-ge in a 1987 300z car.
And he is running stock bottom end, and head.
Old 11-25-10, 07:15 PM
ScJz
Driver

Interesting thread I was wondering the same thing about my GE motor

Quick Reply: Is it worth making the 2jzge turbo?