GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

19" Volk SF Challenger & JDM Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-08, 02:32 AM
suprawhite
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 19" Volk SF Challenger & JDM Headlights

I got the JDM Headlights over a month ago from a CL member and just got a crazy deal on a used set of 19" Volk SF Challenge with Gunmetal and polished lip. The wheels and tires are like brand new. It was on a 93 Mazda RX-7 for over two years, but spend most of it time, I would say 98% stored in a garage. There is not even one single curb rash and the tires are vitually brand spanking new. The last owner spend about $3800 on the wheels alone and $1300 on the Nitto Extreme 555. I can't tell you guy how much I got it for, but all I can say is that I paid four wheels and tires for the price of one. Finally get the chance to put it on right after taking it home from a shop replacing new lower ball joints(Thanks to Kerry at Lexus of Westminster for hooking me up with a awsome deal on the ball joints). I wanted to see how it look like on my GS, but will take it off tomorrow becaust I want to finish my Supra TT brakes swap, front and rear. I was doing this swap while back but find out that the front wheels I have at the time won't clear the calipers. The specs are Staggered setup- F: 19x8.5 +34, R: 19x9.5 +36. I was affraid that the rear won't fit, it turn out perfect, no rub at all. I'm pretty sure this wheels will clear the Supra TT calipers. I'll keep you guy update when I finish with the Supra TT brake swap.
Attached Thumbnails 19" Volk SF Challenger & JDM Headlights-dsc04104sm.jpg  

Last edited by suprawhite; 09-13-08 at 03:06 AM.
Old 09-13-08, 02:33 AM
suprawhite
Advanced

Here is another pic
Attached Thumbnails 19" Volk SF Challenger & JDM Headlights-dsc04108sm.jpg  
Old 09-13-08, 05:19 AM
boostedGS
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

nice.. lookin good!
Old 09-13-08, 12:06 PM
PWidow
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That looks really good! Can't wait to see the Supra brakes behind them!!
Old 09-13-08, 06:52 PM
huddleston
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 13 Posts

looking good
Old 09-13-08, 09:12 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Very nice, all you need to do now is drop it!!
Old 09-14-08, 12:49 AM
suprawhite
Advanced

Alright, here is a sneak preview of my Supra TT brake upgrade. I finally got the chance to finish the front. I ran into problems. The Supra brake lines are a little different where the retaining clip are put together. I have to use Dremel to shave it to make it look like the GS300. The second part I have to modify is the Supra TT brake lines are longer so I have to use tie down plus metal wires to strap it so it won't rub against the wheels. I'll finish up the rear tomorrow. Eventually, I'l go with the stainless steel, but I don't know whether to go with 1st Gen GS brake lines or Supra TT brake lines. I know that the Supra TT front are longer, but I"m doing the rear also. I don't know anything about the rear until tomorrow. If anyone done this mod, both front and rear, let me know what stainless brake line you guy use. I'm planning get Goodridge Stainless Brake lines. While I'm at it, I'll get two set, one for this mod and one for my Supra. It's kinda sad, I'm doing this and not for my Supra yet.
Attached Thumbnails 19" Volk SF Challenger & JDM Headlights-dsc04126sm.jpg  
Old 09-14-08, 12:49 AM
suprawhite
Advanced

Here is another pic.
Attached Thumbnails 19" Volk SF Challenger & JDM Headlights-dsc04127sm.jpg  
Old 09-14-08, 07:51 PM
suprawhite
Advanced

Here the rear I just finish today. I definitely going with the stainless brake lines. The Supra TT rear brake lines are actually shorter than the GS. I have to pull it really hard to get it into the retainer area. I have to shaved the rear dust cover also. Besides that, everything else was pretty straight forward and the rear calipers bolts fit perfectly. Once again, anyone that uses stainless brake lines, let me know which one you guy use. I'm leaning toward the GS brake lines since I don't like the Supra TT lines due to being too long for the front, but afraid the GS line might be too short for the Supra TT calipers. As for the rear, either the Supra or the GS are pretty much the same. I don't want to take any chance with the stock Supra TT brake lines, so I'm going to get the stainless brake lines once I find out which one.
Attached Thumbnails 19" Volk SF Challenger & JDM Headlights-dsc04137sm.jpg  
Old 09-14-08, 07:53 PM
suprawhite
Advanced

Here is with both front and rear Supra TT brake system.
Attached Thumbnails 19" Volk SF Challenger & JDM Headlights-dsc04132sm.jpg  

Last edited by suprawhite; 09-14-08 at 07:59 PM.
Old 09-14-08, 08:30 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

I like how the rims say volk racing.
Old 09-14-08, 09:39 PM
suprawhite
Advanced

Originally Posted by Wald GS
I like how the rims say volk racing.
Thanks. I was hesitant with these wheels but it turn out pretty good. I think the challenge is more suitable for sport coupe, not 4 doors sedan, especially in gunmetal. After putting these on, I'm very happy, especially with the Supra TT brake system. I was on the verge of putting it on my Supra, but I love the 18" Blitz Type 03 it have on right now.

Just a long shot, I was wondering if you still have the JDM strut bar? Let me know if you still have it. I definitely need it now with all these mods. It kinda scary if you remembered while back. I turned your offer on your strut bar you had for sale because it was for my wife. Slowly over a year, I have coilovers, JDM Headlighs, Taillights, two set of wheels (L-Tuned 18" Salinas, now 19" Volks Racing SF Challenge), and Complete MKIV Supra TT brake system. I don't know what's next, but I'm so tempted with the 2JZ-GTE swap. That won't be something way down the line( it's like Toyota bringing the Supra back)
Old 09-14-08, 09:59 PM
2JZ147
Rookie

Car looks great Suprawhite! I am glad the brakes went well for you! Did you paint the "supra" on the caliper?
Old 09-14-08, 11:09 PM
suprawhite
Advanced

Originally Posted by 2JZ147
Car looks great Suprawhite! I am glad the brakes went well for you! Did you paint the "supra" on the caliper?
Thanks 2JZ147. I bought the whole Supra TT brake from a Supraforums member. He upgrade his 98 Supra Turbo to Brembo all around. He painted silver and the "Supra" blue. It actually look newer than my 93 Supra since the calipers are faded and the "Supra" script are pretty much gone. I like how the calipers match with my two tone GS with the bottom being silver. It's kinda sad that the GS have newer looking calipers than my Supra because it should be the other way around. I felt so bad for my Supra that I'm going to get stainless steel brake lines for it also.
Old 09-15-08, 10:34 AM
Skitso-3
Pole Position

It looks smooth! Ur 19's make me think if I get 18 it'll look like a lowrider!

Quick Reply: 19" Volk SF Challenger & JDM Headlights